New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Happy new year everyone!!

Becyboo, how's the pains? Any sign of little one arriving soon??

Sazzle, Isaac is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Happy due date Margie!!

And no signs unfortunatly :( only few shooting pains and pushing like babys engaging more got midwife this morning see what she says :D
xx

Happy due date Margie!!

And no signs unfortunatly :( only few shooting pains and pushing like babys engaging more got midwife this morning see what she says :D
xx

Although no sign of any action :hissy: Went for a nice long swim this morning to keep moving and planning to meet up with the other ladies from my antenatal classes later... so lots of distractions :shrug:

Thinking maybe a hot curry tonight!!!

Let us know what the midwife said Becy :hugs:

Ohh im glad you can get out and about lol i cant do anything the snow is like 4inchs thick apparently :( and i just let the dog out and it covers his legs :haha: .. i was ment to be picking my pushchair up today :cry: but i cant cause the roads all been shut off where the shop is and the roads are too bad to drive on! .. my midwife had to park her car bottom of these 2 hills i live on and walk up bless her! But she managed to get here :)! she brought this student with her that iv seen with her before but i dont like having her do stuff sometimes cause feel like she dont completely know what shes doing :shrug: but she measured me and everything im measuring on scale so thats good babys heartbeat is fine but i wasnt pleased when she feelt where babys head was cause she didnt seem to do it properley not like my normal midwife does it :shrug: but she says im 3/5ths engaged and i was that at 34 weeks dont know if it seems right i feel like babys moved down alot more as where my theighs are when i press down there on each side its sensitive and hard .. And on scans i measure a week ahead (not like its much difference) but my bump measures fine but baby measures bigger :shrug: lol confusing or what but everything went fine.. just talked about birth plan and everything like that and iv got to book a midwife appointment for 13th but if weather stays like this i wont be able to get up!

Im scared that the snow is going to keep coming like the weather forecast says and im going to struggle getting to the hospital! when the time comes :( but iv been told to ring an ambulance if that happens .. i think ill be overdue anyway so im hoping weather clears .. but saying that i dont want to be overdue :(!

Hope your LO comes soon for you margie!
x

Thanks Becy!

We haven't had any snow here yet but I think it is supposed to be coming tonight. i'm also a bit worried about getting to the hospital if I have to. Our road doesn't get gritted - thinking about parking the car at the end of the road just in case...

DH has just gone out to get us Thai food... with lots of CHILLIES!!!

Happy due date Margie!

we have loads of snow here, at least 6 inches! i hope it melts away soon but not very likely.

Hey Everyone,

Made it out to my midwife appointment yesterday and bubs is engaged :happydance: Still no signs of wanting to come out though.

Has everyone else had lots of snow? We have had loads! Becy, my mw also said to call an ambulance if we get stuck trying to get to the hospital Eeek. Hopefully we will be able to get up our road when the time comes!

Planning to just kick back and relax today. DH has a stinking cold so I'm trying to make him :sleep: as much as possible so he's better when LO arrives.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbup: & keep warm and cosy :cold:

Yep theres loads of snow started again yesterday quite heavy! and then it stopped andf its sunny today but the roads are terrible specially up my street its covered in ice and snow :(! but im going to FINALLY pick my pushchair up today as i havent been able to cause of the snow and the road where the shop is was grid locked (sp?) i think thats what its called.. i knew should of got it sorted ages ago haha but i dint think we would have all this snow!

Glad babys engaged Margie! and i really hope you have signs soon if not then i hope you have no signs and your waters randomly brake :D! i brought 2 extra large pinapples yesterday ate 1 but this will be my 2nd so far but it just gives me belly ache lol :( got a hot curry to try aswell dont know when ill have that though dont think itll do much.. i really want baby to drop i just dont think hes going to ever :haha:

xx

Oooh how exciting Becy :yipee: Did you get it? Did you go for the blue one in the end? You'll have such fun playing with it and figuring out... hope you don't find it as confusing as I did:wacko:

I also have a pineapple - haven't started it though. Had the hottest Thai food on Tuesday with no effect :cry: although DH was very impressed that I actually managed to eat it as it was f***ing spicy!!!

I got the blue one :D! i thought it would be easy to put together! lol the seat and carrycot is easy to put onto the chasis and everything but as for setting it all up out the box like them bars you have to ''slide'' upright inside the carrycot that took me ages and killed my fingers lol :( i couldnt resist but to mess about with it and get it up haha i havent tried taking it down yet i dont think i will be doing that much as i dont drive ill only do it if my mum picks me up or dads takes me somewhere lol! Took me hour and half to get it ready trying the seat unit and carrycot lol did all it on my own aswell haha

I think it works for some people but doesnt for others :shrug: its one of them things but my theighs are killing me they keep doing like dead and it makes me lose control :wacko: like i about fall over cause they give way lol i think im going to be overdue lol going to have a curry now see if anything happens and im not a big fan of proper spicy foods lol so ill prob be sick lol!

I got the blue one :D! i thought it would be easy to put together! lol the seat and carrycot is easy to put onto the chasis and everything but as for setting it all up out the box like them bars you have to ''slide'' upright inside the carrycot that took me ages and killed my fingers lol :( i couldnt resist but to mess about with it and get it up haha i havent tried taking it down yet i dont think i will be doing that much as i dont drive ill only do it if my mum picks me up or dads takes me somewhere lol! Took me hour and half to get it ready trying the seat unit and carrycot lol did all it on my own aswell haha

I think it works for some people but doesnt for others :shrug: its one of them things but my theighs are killing me they keep doing like dead and it makes me lose control :wacko: like i about fall over cause they give way lol i think im going to be overdue lol going to have a curry now see if anything happens and im not a big fan of proper spicy foods lol so ill prob be sick lol!

I know exactly which bars you mean in the carrycot... they were a killer!!! :haha: Glad you've got in now :D

Proper killed my fingers!! lol i didnt realise your ment to pull them lil tog things either i just pushed the bars and then they wouldnt go over them screws without a big push lol cant believe i managed to do it! i just want to take it out now but ill feel silly with no baby in it! :haha:

Margie - Yay for Bubs being engaged :yipee: can't be long now.

Becy - glad you finally got your pram.

i'm seeing the midwife tomorrow and i hope the appointments are not cancelled because of the weather. i've not seen her for three weeks (missed out on a 38 week appointment) so i really hope i get to see her otherwise it will be 40 weeks.

i'm getting loads of sharp pains down below so hoping that means he's moved down.

Hey Girls,

Flowertot - let us know how your appointment goes. Hope it's not cancelled for you. Not long until your due dae now.. your LO could be along any time :D

Becy - I have the carrycot all set up and ready too with no baby to put in it. Even have the little sheets and blankets in there :shy:

I am so ready to go into labour now! Feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas - but it feels like it will never come :hissy: Am running of of things to do around the house as well. Think I'l have (another) nice long bath this morning and paint my nails.

Wonder how Lullaby and Sazzle are getting on?

Im getting alot of sharp pains down below too but he seems to be moving alot he confuses me iv heard that the shooting pains and things like that are them engaging more or pushing down but i dont have a clue if he is or not lol.. And suddenly iv started to get really bad heartburn when i go to bed and in middle of night i feel like im going to be sick and all my chest is burning :wacko: i find that odd :shrug:

Iv not put any blankets or anything in it yet dont even know which ill put in :haha: got too many!

hi ladies.

I've been in a car accident, well two actually! LO is totally fine but i'm very shaken and have a splitting headache and sore back. i was on my way to my midwife appointment (which i would have cancelled if it hadn't been 3 weeks since last appointment). i was driving slowly to a junction but when i put my foot on the brake the car just slid into the back of a van. anyway the driver got out and i burst into tears saying sorry to him but he just saw my bump and was more concerned about me. there was no damage to his van but my front number plate had fallen off so he picked it up and said to follow him to the co-op car park which was across the road just to check i was ok. he said he wouldn't be claiming against me as him and his van were fine. anyway as we were waiting for the traffic light to turn green another car smashed straight into the back of me, sending me into the back of the van again!! after this point i was really upset as the second bump was a lot harder and i was thrown forward then backwards and banged my head. more damaged was caused to the front of my car plus now damage to the back. my car is going to need a new front and back bumper. luckily there was still no damage to the Van after the second hit (must be a tough van!)

anyway arrived at the midwife appointment half an hour late sobbing saying i'd been in a crash and they took me straigth through. LO heartrate was totally normal and there were no signs of distress but my BP was through the roof! Midwife said this was understandable in the circumstances and said it will gradually come back down as i relax so all is well on that front.

On a happier note LO has gone from being fixed at brim at 35+6 to fully engaged today at 38+6 :happydance: that must have been the cause of all the sharp pains. wonder if all the stress of today will start me off!

Sorry for the long post.

Omg flowertot hope your okay now! this is why i hate this weather! all the accidents that can happen i wouldnt dare go out in car if i was pregnant but saying that walking places isnt great i only walked the dog down my street and fell over luckily i fel on my side but i was still concerned :( .. im glad your okay though and your LO is too glad nothing really bad happened i bet you were really shuck up specially it happening twice in one go!

Im abit confused about this whole engaged thing cause some people do it the oposite way to the way my midwife does it well what it says in my notes :wacko: i was 34+5 and i was 4/5ths engaged then latest appointment i was 37+4 and i was 3/5ths engaged my next appoinment is at 38+5 ium hoping LO is fully engaged by next week but in my notes it goes 5/5ths free .. and 0/5ths and 1/5ths fully engaged :shrug: other people have said its the other way around

:happydance: glad your LO is fully engaged though least its all going the right way! xx

That sounds so confusing Becy. i can't really help you because all my midwife has said is that he was at the brim last time and fully engaged this time, i've no idea about the technical terms for it.

She dont talk to me about it she told me he was on the brim of my pelvis and tuesday she said hes now in my pelvis :shrug: lool

hiya ladies, good luck becyboo!! sounds like ur lo will be here very soon!! :happydance:
poor you flowertot am glad you and lo are ok!!

i will have my lil princess by weds afternoon, i have developed high bp and baby is extra sleepy and although her heart rate is ok on ctg she is asleep too much?? so i am going back to hospital in the morning for more monitoring, another ctg and bloods for the third time this week lol depending on the outcome i will be sent home to wait till weds or i will be admitted :(

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->