New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Flowertot - poor you :hugs: That sounds so scary and awful. Glad you and LO are okay. :friends: It's good that the van driver was so lovely too (and that his van was tough!). Hope you are okay and get lots of relaxation in the next few days. Also good news that LO has engaged :yipee:

Hudz, sorry you have developed high bp - hope it all went okay this morning. Let us know :flower:

Becy - also not sure about the fraction thing. I was just told that I wasn't engaged and then at the next appointment that I was.

Well we have tried just about every trick in the book today to try and start off labour and so far nothing yet... have a good feeling about tomorrow (might just be wishful thinking though) :wacko:

Glad that you and lo are okay flowertot, your double incident there sounds quite scary, I'm pleased that the van driver was so nice and made sure you were okay, and that they got you straight in to the midwife when you arrived.

Hudz, how exciting that you'll meet Ebony by Wednesday. I had a lot of ctg's directly before having Ruby, she was asleep alot on hers too. Can't wait to see some pics!!

Well, motherhood so far has been great!! I feel healthier than ever and am really enjoying myself. I've lost all my pregnancy weight, plus a bit more. In fact I weighed myself the day before yesterday and found I'd lost 4st 8.5lbs !! I was sooooo shocked!! It means I'm over halfway through the amount of weightloss I've set myself for the year!!

Also, I'm starting to get over the stress of everything that went wrong now, and I'm beginning to feel that maybe, just maybe, I could handle trying for another baby in 2-3yrs time :)

Anyway, hope you are all well :D xx

Hi guys, flowertot - you poor thing, that must have been really scary, glad you are ok.

hope you are all doing well in the final days of your pregnancies and not feeling too uncomfotable.

im loving motherhood, isaac really is a bundle of joy. he's keeping me on my toes tho, didnt get much sleep last night but im just loving every minute at the mo.

lullaby i know how you feel - im already planning the second one!!

cant wait to hear all of your news and to see your photos. x

Hey Lullaby and Sazzle :wave: Glad that you are both loving motherhood so much, sounds like it is really suiting you both and I can't wait to join you.

Hope eveyone else is well too - looks like the snow is on it's way out.

Sazzle - I love your profile pic of Isaac - sooo cute!

thanks margie :)

i hope the snow does clear soon, my husbands been laid off work with no pay, but luckily he can use it as paternity leave and get the £123 a week pat pay. but we dont want this to carry on any longer!

its very exciting now it must be getting very close for all of you

lullaby i was also amazed to find ive lost all my preg weight! i thought it would take months .. it all needs toning up tho, i have a bit of a jelly belly. the problem will be keeping the weight off now im at home all day i just want to eat constantly! x

Congrats to both of you for losing all your preg weight. i have a feeling it will take me longer. it took me 9 months to get back down to pre preg weight last time and i only had 1st 4lb to lose, it just didn't want to budge. think i will have at least two stone to lose this time though so might be back to normal by christmas 2011 :rofl:

I've been having lots and lots of BH ranging from 3 to 6 mins apart but then they stop and start again 15 mins apart. Hoping these are a good sign things will get moving soon.

Any news from Margie?

Hey Everyone,

Still here :cry: No signs of anything happening either despite lots of walks and all the other things that are supposed to get things going. Feeling much calmer today - was climbing the walls a bit over the weekend. Going in for a sweep at 9:45 tomorrow morning so cross fingers for me.

Hope you're all doing well
xm

hope the sweep gets things moving for you. how many days over are you now?

Flowertot I'm 8 days over now... it's snowing like crazy here but I'm determined to get to the mw, luckily DH will be driving. Only a few more days until your due date :happydance:

Sazzle and Lullaby - well done in getting all your weight off, I haven't been on the scales for a few months (we don't have any) but I'm very curious to know what I'm weighing at the moment... it feels like a tonne! :rofl: My weakness is tea and biscuits so I'm also worried about how I'll be when at home all the time :shy:

I'm hoping like crazy next time I post I'll be in labour / have a baby! :D

Good luck Margie, hope things get started for you soon!! If I don't see you online I'll send you a text hon x

Im the last to be due i feel so alone :haha: ill be last to have baby cause its likly ill be overdue and it leaves it 10days in my area so its til 1st feb! so i wont have a january baby unfortunatly! but im hoping i dont go too much overdue if i do fingers crossed :)!
hope everyone is okay xx

Hey Everyone... I'm still here!

Sweep was cancelled due to the snow (a bit annoying because I was already there when they rang me on my mobile) :cry: :hissy: :cry: Hopefully, if it doesn't snow more, the midwife will come to my house tomorrow to do the sweep. Really, really hoping she will make it.

Becy - don't worry, you are not alone - I'm sure we will still all be lurking about when your LO arrives :hugs:

Hope you can have sweep done! my midwife literally comes no matter what the weather was really bad with snow but she parked her car bottom of my road and walked up 2 hills with student midwife to mine i was impressed! :D if snows still bad she should come to you :)!

I hope your still lurking around somewhere! but then again im sure i will still see you all around bnb on the baby threads :D x

Margie - that must have been horrible to get to the midwife appointment to find it was cancelled. fingers crossed they will do it tomorrow and it gets you started off in labour. it can't be more than a few days now until you meet your LO.

Becy - now that is what you call a great midwife! don't think mine would do that!

well looks like i may be going overdue too. BH are still hanging around but they don't seem to be doing much. i have really bad bump ache on the top right hand side of bump. been getting it on and off for a couple of weeks now.

I was shocked she came tbh but im glad she did as i really need her near the end of my pregnancy! but she promised if i need her after today (cause i wont be seeing her again til im overdue) that shell come to me :) bless her! funny thing is my health visitor rang that same day and cancelled coming the following day as shed been sent home because of the snow lol stupid women she drives me cancelling all the time!

And i havent even had many BH's only like odd ones earlier on but some people dont get them apparently you never know things might just happen in night for you flowertot :winkwink: i keep thinking that about me now not getting signs and it just happens x

seems like you have a really good midwife. i saw mine at 38+6 and i'm not seeing her again until i'm 41 weeks (if nothing happens before then). wish i could see her at 40 weeks and get a sweep sooner if i need one.

Hey Everyone,
Well the midwife is on her way - YAY! So glad... I was trying not to get my hopes up but it's just so difficult. I have totally run out of energy, I know that you are supposed to keep moving to help bring on labour but all I want to do is lie down. Really hoping the sweep does the trick. Might have to force myself out for a walk this afternoon.

Becy, I also thought I wasn't having BH... but then I think what I thought was LO sticking it's bum out was actually BH. Not really sure. :shrug: There are all sorts of weird sensations going on in and around my bump at the moment.

Fingers crossed for you flowertot :D

Iv been walking around since like 12pm been shopping all over place brought tones more stuff too and my mum brought baby some stuff! my house is full up to brim of baby things lol! no where to put things either :haha:!

I thought BH's were painful though my LO pushes his bum out or watever it is out all the time but doesnt cause me pain i get pains on my hip? if thats BH's lol but i thought was him putting pressure on me :shrug: who knows lol! im hoping he will arrive next week sometime :)

Hope your LO comes soon Margie bet your really fed up now
x

Hey Ladies,

Had the sweep :happydance: hasn't had any effect yet though. Oh well - hopefully something will happen tonight. Otherwise induction is booked for 7:30am on Saturday. I would have preferred to wait longer but the next time available was Tuesday and that would mean I was 14 days over and they said it was too late.

Trying the super-spicy Thai food again tonight and just had a long hot bath so fingers crossed.

What did you buy Becy? I know what you mean about space - I was determined not to buy lots of stuff... but have still somehow managed to pack the nursery to the brim with stuff. It's amazing all the things you can get for such a little person lol

My best friends sisters overdue she was due on the 6th january.. and shes being induced on saturday too.. Glad you had sweep done hopefully things will get moving for you and you wont have to be induced :D

Went abit OTT today.. i wanted to get a swing cause i was thinking i want something to put him in while i can do other things so hes in a safe place and entertained for abit.. so i got that today the ziggy zebra one from babies r us .. got loads more clothes :haha: cant help my self when i start! got a baby bath in shape of a whale from argos i love it! heehee! got a ner bouncer from babies r us was just a basic winnie pooh one cause i had a 2nd hand one and it wouldnt stand properley and it drove me insane lol! then just got odd bits like socks,trainers,dummies .. oh and that big purple johnsons box full of baby stuff .. and then my mum brought me a thumper comforter its so soft from disney shop! and it goes with dressing gown and bib i got :D! and she got me a picture frame
and some booties :D .. think thats it lol!

My nurserys full just about i keep going in and tidying up and moving stuff :haha: luckily everything looks okay for now not so cluttered i wasnt ment to be buying anymore stuff specially clothes but i cant help my self .. least iv got some in 0-3 3-6 and 6-9 so can keep bigger stuff for later on x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->