• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

PS. flowertot I think I had the same odds as you. I think they're pretty good.

sorry to hear about the bleeding Margie. Is the doctor going to follow it up with a scan or anything?

its probably a sign that you need to slow down. oh and clear out your handbag. i'm sure there are things in there that don't need to be there. thats what mine is like anyway!

i hope it doesn't happen again :hugs:

sorry to hear about the bleeding Margie. Is the doctor going to follow it up with a scan or anything?

its probably a sign that you need to slow down. oh and clear out your handbag. i'm sure there are things in there that don't need to be there. thats what mine is like anyway!

i hope it doesn't happen again :hugs:

Thanks flowertot! Things seem to have calmed down a bit and I'm really going to try and slow down. Doc didn't seem particularly worried so no follow up planned, although I'll go in and see him if it carries on just to be sure.

Good luck with the scan! What time are you going in?

Just noticed that al our tickers are at the halfway mark :D

Finally - here's my bump pic at 20 weeks...

https://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/nmforbes123/20weeks.jpg

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on for a few days. I went into hospital on Sunday lunch time due to going into status epilepticus (continuous seizures without coming round). I had 14 bad seizures in 16 hours and may have to change medications next week to avoid it happening again. Baby is fine though, still moving around and heartrate is fine. I had more seizures yesterday and last night I vomited a lot. Feel quite rough today but not as run down. Starting to think it might have been a build up to a tummy bug as my epilepsy reacts badly whenever I get ill. Body still hurts all over but the headaches I get with each fit have now subsided at last! I have massive purple bruise on my wrist where they used the wrong cannula. It's in my notes that I can only have the blue ones as any others rupture my veins. So they decided to use the green one and it ruptured so now I have leaked blood under my skin about half the size of a credit card! Why don't they LISTEN???? My partner and my mother tried to tell them as well but the nurse apparently just said she has over 20yrs experience and knows what she's doing. Well she obviously don't or she'd comply with my notes, after all they are there for a reason!!!!

Anyway, main things are I'm home and baby is fine. Seeing my Epileptologist next Tuesday and got baby scan 2 days later!!! Oh I can't wait!!!!!!! :happydance:

Hey Lullaby, that sounds really scary :hugs: Glad you are home again and feeling better and that bubs is fine. You have your scan to look forward to now :happydance:

Take it easy and hope you feel back to your normal self again soon

xm

Geez you two, really going thru it arent you! Margie i hope it was just a warning to chill out some!!

hope your appt goes well lullaby, glad baby is well!

morning ladies.

sorry to hear you've been having a rough time Lullaby. so glad you and LO are ok.

well i've just got back from my scan and everything is perfect as far as they can tell.

we are expecting a little BOY. we are sooooooooo chuffed. DH was sulking because he was sure it was a girl and i was right!

got to start buying some boys clothes now. i'm giving dd's clothes to my best friend who is about to have a girl.

Congratulations on team blue flowertot!

So your predictions were right! And now you have an excellent excuse to go shopping :yipee:

hi girls hope you are all ok??

i've bought some stuff for my little boy today. A really cute hat and some socks. the first of many items :yipee:

it was strange buying for a boy. my eyes kept wondering to the girls stuff just because i'm so used to buying them. i'm really looking forward to decorating the nursery now but i have no idea where to start with colours. we're not starting it just yet though because we are in the middle of doing dd's new room. i'm quite nervous about her transfering from a cot to a bed. will probably have a few rough nights at first so thats why i want to get her moved in there as soon as possible to settle in.

hope you have been feeling better Lullaby :hugs:

have a lovely weekend ladies

Hey everyone - hope you're all well. How are you feeling Lullaby?

Just having a lazy day at home as DH is out watching rugby and I didn't fancy it. It's so great just lounging about... treated myself to a giant cupcake from the market this morning with bright green icing... it was delicious :blush:

Hope you're all having a great weekend
xm

Hi Girls,

Feeling a bit better thanks, but having issues with dsd now. She's suddenly gotten really clingy with her mom, who keeps messing us around with access. Should have had her since yesterday afternoon. Instead, she's been here half an hour so far cos her mom decided that our plans which were set days ago, weren't as important as her desire to keep her at home doing nothing. Now she's here, all she wants to do is phone her mom and ask her to come round for a bit! Uusally she can't wait to be away from her because she ignores her and doesn't let her do anything. I've heard from a friend that her mom told her we don't want to see her as much now we've got a baby on the way. But dsd won't open up and talk with us like she usually does..... what can we do to sort this out???

Great, we let her talk to her mom on the phone like she wanted to and rather than coming round for a bit, her mom's talked her into going home instead so we won't be having her at all this weekend!!!!! What is going on????????

We normally have dsd for 2 and a half days a week and get on really well doing activities and having fun together, this weekend we've had her less than an hour!!!!

sorry you've been having a rough time Lullaby. i really don't know what to say. do you think its dsd's mother putting thoughts into her head like (she won't be as important anymore) or (you won't love her anymore) etc. which is total rubbish but i've heard of people doing this before.

i'm not really helping but i really don't know how to :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It could well be, we've been told by 2 people now, that this has happened. Just so unusual for dsd to suddenly clam up. Usually if there is aything on her mind she comes straight out and asks. She knows we never hide anything from her and we've always been honest with her about everything.

Just hoping that if we continue to show her our support and love and that we're there for her that eventually she'll tell us what's wrong so we can talk about it and reassure her.

Really don't know what else to do.

On the plus side. Today is my first day in the past week where I haven't had any seizures! Yay!!!! Roll on Tuesday when get meds sorted out!!

Sorry to hear about this Lullaby - it's probably the last thing you need at the moment especially when you were looking forward to spending time with dsd this weekend.

I have no experience in this area - but can you talk to her mom about it? Or speak to her directly and tell her how much you will need her when the baby is here?

Hope it all works out for you :hugs: and YAY for no seizures :happydance: Tuesday is nearly here!

hi girls.

lullaby - how did it go today? your scan isn't far away now either. so exciting.

how is everybody else??

i've got a midwife appointment on friday so i'm looking forward to hearing pud's heartbeat again. my bump is getting bigger and bigger and when i've eaten a big meal it looks huge! no strechmarks yet...... but now i've said that i will find one tomorrow!

Found out today that I have Hemolysin which is caused by a simple form of Enteroaggregative E. coli (EAEC) and is responsible for the sudden reappearance of my seizures. It is essentially just a water infection which has affected my red blood cells (which has made my aneamia worse and as such caused prolonged post ictal states) and also affected my white blood cells (which in turn kept the seizures going). That's why I've had so many seizures lately. I can't have the medication I need for it though as you can't take it in pregnancy, so I have another week or two of seizures to put up with before it settles back down again. So glad it wasn't more serious, and also that it will come to an end again soon. I'd been starting to get quite worried!!

Got my scan in 35hrs time.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :happydance: So excited to be seeing little one again!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->