• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Hey everyone,

Glad the figured what the problem was Lullaby - it must be such a relief, just a pity that it can't be treated now. You must be soooo excited about your scan :happydance: Let us know how it goes!

Sounds quite scary to me Lullaby but as long as you know what it is now and that it's not going to last thats the main thing. glad you're ok. your scan is so close now :yipee:

hi margie, hope you are ok. its gone very quiet on here hasn't it?

Thanks ladies, it really is a relief, I'd been so worried!!

Scan tomorrow!! :D I still think it's a little boy in there, will be completely shocked but just as delighted if it's a girl though lol

Less than 12 hours till I see my little one!! :happydance:

How is everyone else doing??? xx

We're having a GIRL !!!!
Little tinker was playing with her toes and moving around a lot so no pics this time, but got to go back for another scan on the 11th so hope to get pics then! :D

Awwwww congratulations on your little girl Lullaby. have you gotten over the shock yet lol.

It's hard getting used to saying she/her instead of he/him lol But I'm still just as excited and can't wait to meet her! :D

CONGRATULATIONS ON TEAM PINK LULLABY :happydance: That's so cute that she was playing with her toes :D

How did your midwife appt go flowertot?

Have had a killer week at work this week - and working again tomorrow morning :cry: but making up for it by going out for lunch (twice) today :blush: Meeting my friend and her little ones at 11am and then have another friends birthday at 3pm :D

Going to collect a parcel of baby goodies my mom has sent from SA tomorrow afternoon - can't wait. Then going home for a holiday in three weeks time :yipee: Planning to spend most of it swimming (very fitting since I feel about the size of a whale) - just need to find a swimming costume that fits now hee hee.

Hope you are all well and have a wonderful weekend
xm

enjoy your 2 lunches Margie. if you can't have 2 lunches when you're pregnant when can you :rofl:

midwife appopintment went well. my bp is fine, urine test was fine, baby growing well with heart rate of 148bpm. i'm not going again now until i'm 26 weeks........ages away.

Glad your appointment went well flowertot.

The lunches were great. Had a little hold of my friends little one, she's 10 weeks. It went quite well, I think she was comfy leaning on my bump... and she had a little smile (and most importantly didn't scream) :cloud9:

Thanks Margie, glad your lunches went well.
Pleased to hear your midwife appointment was good Flowertot.

We've got to the bottom of what was wrong with dsd. Her mum had told her that she wouldn't get as much attention from us after the baby was born and that she probably wouldn't see us as much. She finally told us yesterday when she was here. We've managed to reassure her and she stayed overnight for the first time in 3 weeks. She even shared the bed with us because she was so upset about it all and so relieved that she's still going to be loved and wanted just as much as always. Today she was right back to her usual happy self and even placed lego all over my bump so that she could play with Ruby lol. Ruby was kicking a lot and the lego kept falling off, so dsd rubbed her hands all over my bump and sang Ruby a song she'd made up about rainbows and butterflies lol So good to see her smiling again :D

Furious with OH's ex though for causing so many problems and upsetting her daughter like that. Still, sorted out now.

Got another scan on Friday due to Ruby's gymnastics on Tuesday which stopped the sonographer from seeing everything clearly. Not sure this one will be much better as now she is moving all the time. I'm convinced she just doesn't sleep at all! lol But YAY! I get to see her again!!!! :happydance:

So glad your dsd is back to her usual self Lullaby :happydance: but what an awful thing for her mom to say to her :growlmad: I mean, why would anyone want to make their own child sad??? Even if she thought you would be seeing dsd less (that's obviously not the case), she should have kept it to herself... or spoken to you about it. Anyway, glad it's all sorted now and she can get excited about having a new sister to play with and look after!

Cool that you get to have another scan. I've heard that walking can send the LO to sleep as it rocks them in the womb. You could try doing a circuit of the hospital before your scan to try and send Ruby to sleep. I love the name Ruby btw.

Has anyone else decided on names yet? DH and I find it so difficult to take it seriously and keep coming up with really stupid names like Tractor or Ichabod!

Have had trouble sleeping lately, am so tired in the afternoons but then wake up in the middle of the night worrying about one thing or another and can't get back to sleep. Is this just me?

glad you got everything sorted with dsd lullaby. Ruby is such a beautiful name too.

Margie - i'm also having trouble sleeping at the moment. i'm just so restless and tossing and turning all night.

oh my BF had her little girl this morning. 13 hour induced labour and emergency forceps delivery. Matilda is so tiny, 6lb 2oz. she had to be induced due to pre-eclampsia.

i'm doing great at the moment, just really tired oh and i'm nursing a huge bruise on my leg because the wind blew my front gate shut on it. have been limping around. it was quite painful. ouch! just glad it got my leg and not my bump.

hi girls hope you and your LO'S are ok :)

well i had my scan today and LO is fine :happydance: and we are on team :pink: yay!!
just have to agree on a name for her now lol
xx

Thanks Margie and Flowertot, and congrats to your friend Flowertot! :D

I haven't had any braxton hicks yet, although I did have an almighty kicking frenzy inside me a couple days ago when a fire engine went past with its horns blaring! lol Don't think Ruby liked that at all!

Also, I think I might have the beginnings of colostrum, although at the moment I just keep waking up to find a tiny amount of dampness and a small hard lump of yellowy white stuff about half a mm big on my right nipple. Left nipple just keeps feeling a little damp. So not sure if it is or not yet, but have bought some boobie-pads just in case! lol

Congrats on your pink bump Hudz!!! :D

I've got another scan today as Ruby was moving around so much at the last one they couldn't see everything lol. I have to go to a different hospital this time, and they don't usually give photos at this one as they are only an Early Pregnancy Unit, but they were the only ones available in the time frame I had to have the scan re-done! However, I phoned them up and I BEGGED and BEGGED and guess what??? They're going to give me some photos of Ruby if she keeps still long enough!!!! :happydance:

Well, there were turns, kicks, somersaults, etc but we finally got there and we're definitely having a girly! Everything got seen this time, scan went on for almost an hour cos she kept trying to get away from the scan probe lol.

Sonographer said she's never seen a girl that's this active before! lol but was able to show me three lines so yep, she's a little pink one! :D

Pic was bad cos where she kept moving she looks like she has 2 tops of her head, 2 noses, 2 pairs of lips, and 2 chins!

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
hello guys, sorry i havent been in touch for a while, i have read through a few of your posts to try and catch up ..!

congrats on your pink scans lullaby and hudz! im still not finding out but its took a bit of willpower!

sorry to hear that people have been putting ideas in your dsds head lullaby.. i experienced similar problems when we got married - i had my suspisions that people were scaremongering my stepson about the wedding day and how things would change after but I never knew for sure. i was expecting similar problems with the baby on the way but so far so good - in fact he's been really excited which means a lot to me!

what do braxton hicks feel like??

hope you are all well. flowertot and margie ive been waking up in the night a lot too - i normally sleep like a log.. otherwise im fine just feeling a bit big and heavy. cant fit in hardly any of my clothes any more! i love my bump tho!

margie - ive given up on names for a while but the ones we like most are Isaac for a boy and Lucy / Lola or Poppy for a girl.. i think Ruby is a lovely name too lullaby, good choice. x

just read back a bit more, sorry to hear about your seizures lullaby.. is it under control now? sounds a bit of a nightmare for you .. hope you're on the mend!

also sorry to hear about your scare margie - i had some bleeding too, bright red and the midwife sent me in for a scan , it was at about 17 weeks but all was fine and ive had no problems since. was very stressed at the time it happened so i do think it may have been a sign to slow down and chill..

hope you have all got nice weekends planned. x

Hellooooo,

Congrats on your pink bump Hudz!

Lullaby - glad your second scan was a success! An hour - wow - hope they gave you a loo break lol.

Hey Sazzle :wave: happy to hear from you again. Lola / Leila are also on our list of girls names. I think we will probably pick out a few of each and wait until Sprout arrives to choose.

Well I had a bit of an adventure lastnight - DH was DJing on a boat party, it will be the last time he DJs for a while coz he wants to take a break when Sprout arrives (and all his music equipment is going into storage to make space for the nursery). So I decided to go along, although I wasn't sure it was such a great idea. I had a wonderful time! Danced loads - think I may have stretched my bump a little lol... although by the end of the evening I was just swaying side to side. Ladies let me jump the loo queue which was brilliant. And all our friends made a bit fuss of my bump, although once people had had a few drinks they all wanted to touch it... it even got a kiss :rofl: DH had a brilliant time too - so good all round. And the best thing of all - no hangover today :D

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->