• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

Hi Hudz26, welcome to the group. will you be finding out what sex you're having or do you like suprises??

Hi Hudz26, welcome to the group. will you be finding out what sex you're having or do you like suprises??

hey, i will be finding out lol i am way too nosey not to xx

how about you will you be finding out? xx

Congrats on your baby boy Emma! I've updated the 1st post xx

Anyone heard from Margie or Sazzle???

Welcome Hudz, I've added you to the first post. Please could you tell me your bfp date and whether or not you have any predictions as to if you think you're having a girl or a boy? xx I'll send you a private message with my facebook link xx

hey, i will be finding out lol i am way too nosey not to xx

how about you will you be finding out? xx

yes i'm finding out. my scan is in 5 days :happydance:

i have a feeling its a boy but everyone else (including my midwife) is saying girl and i think i'm carrying quite high which apparently means girl. i keep saying he, i can't help it! not long till we know now though.

Evening ladies!

Congratulations on your little man Emma!

:wave: Welcome hudz26

Well the scan was brilliant :happydance: Everything was where it was supposed to be and the right size... looks like I may be due on new years day Eeek - but I'm keeping 5th Jan.

LO was wiggling about and gave us a wave. The little feet where tucked up in the placenta... taking after me with cold toes already. We got a really sweet view of a foot up against the screen.

The sonographer was lovely, she explained all the things she was looking at and why. And she gave us 4 pictures and only charged for one. I can't believe we won't be getting another peek of sprout before the grand finale... kinda wish there was another scan still to go.

Anyway, while we were on cloud nine we decided to pop in a babiesRus and look at prams - it was terrifying :rofl: Hubby was practically in shock... although I think he liked all the buttons and levers hee hee. Has anyone got any recommendations? Do's and don'ts? Flowertot / hudz26 what's your experience... Is it worth going for a travel system? I'm not so sure about the carrycot - but am thinking of just using it instead of a moses basket.

Anyway - this is in danger of becoming the longest post ever! Hope you all have wonderful weekends
xm

so glad your scan went well Margie. wow imagine if LO is born on new years eve/day. are you still on team yellow then? you have more will power than me!

as for prams, i've got the silvercross 3d pram system. it has a carrycot type insert which lays LO completly flat and this was an important factor for me. its not good for LO development if they are squashed up. it does come with a car seat which fits onto the pram but i never used it like that, i just transfered dd from the car seat to the pram so she wasn't squashed up for too long.
when LO is ready you just remove the carrycot insert and use it as a pushchair. its got 4 reclining positions. (i sound like i'm selling my pram lol i'm just very happy with the one we picked :blush: )
when i took dd to her 6 week check up the doc commented on the pram saying it was a good chioce for baby's back.
mine is 2 years old now and has been well used but its still in very good condition. i'm just going to give it a good clean and it will be a good as new for pud. oh and the added bonus is that i've checked if its compatable for a pram board and it is :happydance: just in case dd gets tired when walking.

i don't know if the pram or the fact that i lay dd flat all the time in the early weeks has anything to do with it but dd had a nice strong back as a baby. she could sit unsupported at 5 months old and could easily stand holding onto something from about 6 months old.

well i've finished with my hard sell now :rofl: :rofl: hope you girls have a lovely weekend.

p.s i cant stop eating Galaxy Minstrels, yet another thing that points to me having a girl (apparently)

Hello!

Thanks flowertot - think we may brave Mothercare today to go and have another look. Will look out for the Silvercross 3D!

Yup, we are still team yellow! :thumbup: Sonographer kept saying to DH 'that's the cord!' - just so he didn't get the wrond idea :rofl:

On a less happy note - my car is dead! We were thinking about getting a new one but decided to stick out with our little Clio for a bit longer - and then 2 major things went wrong in one week (I thought the wheel was going to come off when I was driving home from work the other night). It's just not worth getting it repaired, especially since they can't even find one of the problems... sometimes it won't start. Starting is quite important really ha ha! So we're on a car hunt too now. Although I think I'm more nervous about buying a pram!!! :rofl:

Hope you all have a lovely sunny weekend!
xm

thanks for the congrats and the same to you ladies :) my BFP was 30th may and predictions say im having a girl which is also what my symptoms are saying, my OH and best friend think its a boy tho ??? i will defo be finding out at my scan tho :)

well done margie for been on team yellow i would love to be on team yellow but i am way too nosey not to find out he he he

congrats on your blue bump Emma :)

speak soon xx

I'm carrying high and its a boy, so i dont think much of that theory, infact i recall lots of people saying "ooooh its definitely a boy you're carrying so high!" hmmm! lol

glad your scan went well Margie, congrats on staying true to the yellows! i couldnt wait, it was the first thing i asked when i walked in the room, now i can start buying things yay!

i've been looking at the babystyle lux prams, i love em!

i've heard that its carrying low for boy and high for a girl. i think my bump is much more rounded this time but it still looks quite high (same as when i had dd).

i'm going mad, i need to know! only 4 days now :happydance:

oh i heard from my mum that a distant family member gave birth to her first child a couple of days ago. she was in labour for almost 24 hours before an emergency c-section. her new baby boy weighed in at over 11 pounds! yikes not suprised she needed a c-section. it was her first too and i heard that more often than not they get bigger each time.

it makes you wonder what size clothes to buy. if she stocked up on newborn stuff it was probably way too small!

hudz - did your LO's get bigger, smaller etc??

my dd was 7lb 11oz. hope this one doesn't get too much bigger than that as i've only got quite a small frame. ouch!

hope you girls are having a lovely weekend. its been gorgeous today.

11lb...ouch!!!! my first (girl) was 9lb 8.5 oz and 5 days early and born by emergency c-section after 6 days of labour, my second (boy) was 9lb 6oz and four days late again born by emergency c-section after almost 24hrs of labour so i know bump is going to be big :( i am stocking up on 0-3 things lol
i am going for a normal birth again, fingers crossed i get it this time..... lol x

hi guys, sorry ive not been in touch for a while - ive been a bit of a hermit the last few months staying in mostly and just watching tv and going on the internet. i decided to get out a bit more and start doing things again - so ive had a busy week catching up with friends, been to the cinema, started painting the nursery etc... hope you are all well!

i am also carrying high - but my husband thinks he saw something on the scan which I assume means he saw its winky!!! but if trained midwives can get it wrong then im sure he can too so i still think it could go either way!

i have a very nice neat hard bump but seem to be piling all the preg weight onto my bum, hips and legs instead ! oh well i have to expect a bit of weight gain - bit more 'cushion for the pushin' in the old labour eh?! :)

11lbs sounds huge - my sisters baby was 4lb 4! she was induced 20 days b4 her due date tho. I bought my first new born baby outfit this week - its dead cute , 5 piece set with scratch mittens, hat etc... from tescos £9. How exciting!! Its 0-3 months, hope I dont have a big bubba because ive got my heart set on that being his going home outfit!

X

wow 9lb 8.5oz makes my eyes water too!

when i went for my last midwife appointment when i was having dd the midwife predicted she would be around 7lb so she wasn't too far off. i hope they can give a good guess this time too.

got my triple test results back.

based on the bloods they took the risk is 1:3500. i've seen posts from other girls saying they had 1:10,000 and another said 1:29,000.

i guess my result is still really good i just though it woudl be better. id never take it further anyway though.

its very quiet on here.......hope you all had a lovely weekend x

I think those are still pretty fantastic odds flowertot!

Good luck with the scan tomorrow flowertot :happydance: let us know how it goes and what team you are on!

Sazzle123 :wave: nice to hear from you again - hope you are keeping well. I also seem to go thorugh hermit phases sometimes, and it always feels pretty good coming out of them... I also have a phobia of speaking on the phone, it's so silly but I hardly ever phone my friends or family but when I do I usually really enjoy it.

I had a bit of a scare today - I don't think it's anything serious but I had a bit of bleeding this morning. Probably from walking to the station at top speed with my ridiculously big and heavy handbag. It seems to have slowed down and is just spotting now, doc said to rest up. I'm pretty sure everything is fine but just got a bit of a fright - everything has been going so smoothly and suddenly I was thinking all these terrible thoughts, it hasn't been the best day :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->