• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Year Rockers (UK & Other)

All is okay-ish. It's not oncoming prem labour after all. Got examined today and I have Diastasis Symphysis Pubis, the gap is 27.5mm instead of the maximum normal gap of just 9mm. No wonder it was getting so painful!! Have been referred for physiotherapy and told to rest as much as possible. On co-codamol at the moment x

Hey Lullaby - glad it wasn't premature labour, although Diastasis Symphysis Pubis doesn't sound like much fun either. Hope the physio can work some magic and get you up and about again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday :juggle: It sounds like you had a great day... I'm very curious about your indoor bbq. Well you are all spring chickens compared to me :rofl:

I was also thinking of an animal theme - will be on the lookout for a nice bright mobile on holiday.

Thanks Margie. It absolutely kills! I got next to no sleep last night cos it hurts when I turn in bed and even when I'm laying still little Ruby is kicking up a storm in there getting so active now. She seems to have got a bit of a pattern going now. Threr's the odd bit of slow movement in the day, but come 9pm it's like she'd got a disco going on that lasts till about 4am and then she settles down again. lol Definitely a night owl just like her daddy!! I got bags under my eyes today that look like suitcases!!

Indoor barbecue is basically barbecue food cooked in the oven, play music, and relax with conversation etc in the lounge. We used to do barbecues at our old house, but living in a flat now we don't have a garden.

We've decided to swap rooms with dsd so that she and Ruby will share the bigger room and we will have the small room. DSD is hardly here so her room goes to waste 5-6 days a week, so we decided it would make sense to swap round and that way there's enough room for both girls to have all their bits and pieces. DSD said she likes safari animals as well and wants Ruby to have the safari theme in the whole room and she'll just have her fairies on the door! lol bless her, every time she sees me it's Ruby getting the cuddles and kisses first!! She's getting really excited now and she loves touching my belly and feeling Ruby move about in there lol.

Off to see the epileptologist in a few minutes. Just a follow up appointment to check how everything is. But my word I coulda slept all day if I hadn't had to get up for this!

Think I'll have a nice long nap when I get home!!

Chat later xx

That sounds like a good plan swopping rooms, we are lucky we have 3 bedrooms - my stepson has the big one and the baby will have the small one - its ideal for a nursery anyway.
Im excited 2day because I have a check-up and I haven't seen a midwide for about 8 weeks (not including the 20 week scan). Im a tiny bit concerned that ive been losing weight and my bump seems to be getting smaller not bigger! but I guess its water and air as well that makes it bigger some days. bubs is still kicking loads so im not worried :) but will mention it 2day.

ive also got to hand in my maternity leave form at work 2day and still havn't decided when I want to leave, can anyone give me any tips??? Im due 2nd Jan, I was thinking about finishing on 4th December. Does anyone think this is a bit early? :)x

hi emalou, im a late joiner too and i have been made very welcome, im sure you will be too! lovely to meet you. what is your due date? how are you finding the pregnancy? is this your first baby? x

Thanks Sazzle, all went well x. I think 4th December is fine hon x.

Hello and welcome Emalou, how are you? Please take a quick look at the first post and let us know your stats so I can update the ppage to include you x.

I have a new craving girls.... well.... TWO actually!! lol Fizzy Orange Drink (can't get enough of fanta, tango, orangeade etc and I usually hate the stuff!!!), and Pork & Leek Sausages!! lol

The bedroom switch has gone well and we've almost finished all the decorating already! DSD will see it all on Saturday and she's told us on the phone that she's very excited and looking forward to seeing it and to be sharing a room with her new sister next year!! :D

that's great that your DSD is so excited, how old is she? does she have other brothers or sisters at her mums? my stepson has a two year old sister and 4 year old brother so he has much more experience around babies than me! So it's nothing new for him but he still seems very excited - he's been helping pick names and he talks about bubs a lot and talks to my bump too so that's lovely. He's 9 so there will be quite a gap!

My latest cravings have been 'topic' chocolate bars, branflakes with milk and cereals bars.. cakes are still top of my list but im trying to cut down! x

by the way the antenatal check-up I had yesterday was a bit of an anti-climax - the midwife was fully booked so I had to see a doctor and all she did was take my blood pressure and feel my bump. I was only in there 5 mins! Im happy that all is well tho x

hey girls.

Welcome Emalou.

glad you have everything sorted with swapping rooms lullaby. its lovely that dsd is so excited. i'm glad she spoke about her feelings a few weeks ago and got it out in the open. now you can all look forward to Ruby's birth together.

sorry your appointment wasn't what you were expecting sazzle.

everything good with me. i'm getting some really strong kicks which is great.

is anybody brave enough to put bump pics on??

Hey Everyone :wave: and welcome Emmalou, greetings from SA!

Just been doing a bit of a catch up of the posts on my Moms tiny little netbook - my fingers are too chubby to type properly :rofl:.

Lullaby - you are so organised! Glad DSD is really getting involved and that all the worries from a few weeks back are a thing of the past. Put some pics up - I love the idea of a safari theme.

Sazzle, sorry your appointment didn't go as well as you hoped. Did you get to ask the doctor your questions?

Well my first day here was certainly not dull - my Mums friend fell over and broke her wrist so we spent the day taking her to hospital and then going back to her house to get her dog. It was her right wrist so she won't be able to do much when she gets home, so we decided to tidy up her house too. Then had three of my sisters over for supper. It was really cool coz they are all really excited about Sprout. Today was much more chilled. I have been a very naughty girl though eating koeksusters that my sister brought me... it's basically a batter / pastry kind of thing that is deep fried and then soaked in sugar syryp. Probably the most unhealthy thing on earth but SOOOOOOOO good :D

Will try and get a bump pic this week... possibly on the beach if I'm feeling extra-brave. Hope everyone has a good weekend
xm

I'm viable too!!

Will sort out bump pic soon. Safari theme not sorted yet but will post pics as soon as it's all ready :)

DSD will be 7 and a half when Ruby's born. She fell asleep cuddling up to my bump last night after telling Ruby a night time story lol

Aww Lullaby that is so sweet.

glad you are having a nice time in SA.

i'm really tired tonight as usual so think i'm just going to go to bed.

Well the weather down here at the coast is miserable :cry: but went for a really good walk along the beach today. Dragged my sister around the shops looking at all the baby stuff and got some bits and pieces so not a total loss... although my nephew wasn't exactly thrilled, poor little dude. Hope everyone else is well xm

hi ladies.

hope you all had a really nice weekend. i've been on a cleaning spree again. sometimes i really can't be bothered and other times i go really crazy. i even cleaned out the kettle, toaster, micowave, fridge, oven etc.

i'm going to be helping my mum out a lot with cleaning and stuff for the next few months too. she has fallen over and badly broken her knee. she has to have a cast for at least three months and the doctor said it could take as long as 12 months for her to recoverer properly. she is the main carer for my disabled brother too so she is stressed about who will be looking after him. i've told her i will do what i can and my nana will help too.

back to pregnancy - i'm picking up my iron tablets tomorrow so hopefully i won't feel so exausted 24 hours a day. i've been comparing my bump to pics of my last pregnancy and my bump now looks the same as it did when i was about 30 weeks last time. scary!

how long are you staying in SA Margie?

Hi Everyone,

So sorry to hear about you Mum's fall flowertot :hugs: My mom fell over and broke her hip last year and it gave me such a fright because in my mind she was invincible. She has recovered really well though, and I'm sure your mom will too. She is lucky to have you around to help out.

Looking forward to your pics Lullaby.

xm

I'm in SA for another week and the weather is still freakishly cold, but it is still lovely and relaxing. We have been eating the most amazing and exotic fruits, so I'm quite please with myself as I usually eat lots of junk food when I come... like chocolates and chips that I can't get in the UK. Although there is still one week to go ha ha.

hey ladies, just popping in to say i am still around, been offline for a while as had to move into a new house, bigger and safer etc

how are you all doing? seems we have a good mixture on the front page, 2 girls, 2 boys and 2 surprises!

Hey Emma :wave:

Nice to hear from you again :D That's so exciting that you have moved into a new house. How's the unpacking going?

Hope you and your bump are keeping well
xm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->