November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

I had an hour long meeting with the nurse last night and I totally forgot to ask that question. I am writing it down so I can ask my dr. at my Tuesday appointment. I found this really cute book that I am keeping in my purse so when I think of a question, I can write it down so when I go for my appointments I am not scrambling/forgetting!

I also got ALL of my appointments with the dr. until Dec 06. As I was putting them on my calendar, everything seemed very real all of a sudden!!

Oh wow, all appointments through Dec! That is great. They haven't scheduled me that far ahead. Just have my NT scan on May 16th (it's done at some clinic where they specialize in them, not with my regular MW/Dr.), follow-up on June 2nd (since I insisted they see me more regularly), and then my anatomy scan on July 12th. I wonder how advanced the NT scan equipment is and if they can give us a guess on the gender yet?? It will probably be too early but that doesn't mean I won't ask! :haha:

Hi guys! OK, who's felt a pulling behind their belly button recently?? And is anyone super tired? I feel like i did in the first few weeks. I slept for 11 hours last night! I was still knackered this morning! Ps I'm hooked on anything Kardashian!....and Jersylicious!

Desi, I have felt that pulling in my vagina. I feel like I have felt every senstation under the sun! I get all kinds of pulls and twinges and stretches.

Oh wait, I don't think I've felt the pulling behind the belly button like you, though, Sparkle. That will probably be next! :)

So, is everyone getting an NT scan? :shrug: My clinic doesn't offer them...I just looked it up online and I'd have to drive over 3 years to get one and they won't do it without a referral. My clinic just does the triple screen thing at around 16 weeks.

Yeah, I'm pretty tired Sparkle. I've been sleeping about 10 hours a night (I just started a new job from home so I'm lucky I get to make my own hours), but this morning I woke up at 5 am and felt really hot and uncomfortable so got up to watch TV and I've been up now since 5. :sleep: I'm wondering if I'll make it without a nap.

On another note - I really need a bumpbuddy - I am due Nov 20th/21st. Anyone interested? We could keep each other company (online ofcourse!) when our hubby's/OH's arent being so nice to us :) !! Any takers? I want to have a buddy to add to my signature like all the other ladies on here - Im so jealous sometimes! congrats to you guys on your LO's!!

Good idea!

Really none of my 'bump buddies' in my siggy are due around the same time as us but we were TTC together so they're still bump buddies, just with bigger bumps. :)

I think we should think of a name for our group on this thread so we can add our 'group name' to our siggy and then ALL be bump buddies!

If that sounds like a good idea to everyone...

Sparkle - I grew up in Jersey and for about 4 years in my early 20's, I used to go to the Gatsby Salon they feature in Jerseylicious. :haha: It was nothing like what they show on tv...they have completely redone the salon (though it was nice to begin with) and obviously hired drama-filled hairdressers just for the show. :winkwink:

Also, I haven't felt any pulling behind my belly button. Last week I felt super tired, like how I felt early on in the pregnancy. This week, I haven't been sleeping well at night, but then don't seem to want to nap during the day either. Go figure!

Allie - what is a triple screen? Is it just a blood test? My prenatal screening consists of a blood test between weeks 10 and 13+6, the NT scan, and then another blood test between weeks 15 and 20 I think. They refer to all three as "full integrated screening" but you have the option of doing one, two, or all of the parts of it (the more you do, obviously the more accurate the results). By the way, my health care has to give me a referral too for the NT scan since they don't do it.

Yes, the triple screen the bloodtest that they do after week 15, so it sounds like you will still be getting that done as well. It checks for Downs, Trisomy 18 and the other Trismony disorder.

I just spoke to a nurse who called actually (I'm visiting a new practice to try out on Monday and then I'm going to choose between my current one and this new one...they are the only two in town and I really want to get the best care) and she said that they don't normally do the NT scan and bloods unless you are high risk or have a family history of genetic disorders.

She said if I really wanted it I could talk to the Dr...but then she told me that on Monday, I'm getting a dating ultrasound anyways!!! :happydance: I'm so so excited! I didn't think I'd be seeing baby until 20 weeks (as that's when my current practice would do one). Now I get to be excited/nervous about an ultrasound on Monday. Eek!

My doctor has mentioned the NT and the other blood test. She said that less than 25% of people in my area have them done. She also said that 95% of people on the east coast get them. I don't think I will.

OMG Allie, very happy that you will get a scan this Monday.

Our office is doing an NT and blood work along with it. They said they do some other testing between 16-20 weeks for people who do not get an NT and since I am getting the NT, they will not do the 16-20 testing. Not sure what the name of it is.

I also like the idea of the group buddy thing :)!

Hiya Bump! Can't believe you went to the salon! LOL! That's so cool for me anyway I'm a Londoner! All my family are in the US but in Florida and New York.

Allie i so think we should have a sig name! What u thinking??

I would do the NT if it was routine up here but it's really not in my area, and as I'm getting a scan anyways I will just opt for the blood work...I think. I'll see what the doc says on Monday! Eek, cannot wait.

Hmmm, we'll have to think of a name. There's a general November thread already (the chrysanthemums I think) so we will have to be different somehow since we're just the end of November.....

For example the Disco Testers in my siggy is from a June/July TTAL testing thread I was on last summer and it's still going strong, random name from a convo that was going on in the thread.

Ack it's Friday afternoon and my creativeness is out the window! :dohh:

ETA The only think I can think of right now going on at that time is winter or Thanksgiving, and we have UK girls on here who don't have Thanksgiving. Hmmmm.

Wow, hello chatville!! LOL.. so excited for you Allie.. bump thats cool about your appt being scheduled! Sparkle I love the kardashians! Welcome Rossi and cantwait!!
I love the idea of a name for us all.. what about something to do with it being 11/11 ..So like - Eleven Eleven Mommies.. or something? for short we could me the eem's ...Or.. Sweet Novembers
Idk.. whatever you all decide on is cool with me :)

Love the idea of a group name.

Out of interest are any of you going to buy Dopplers? After my week Im thinking of it!

Best go - Ive got a house to move!!

xx

Probably not on the doppler....though I would LOVE one, I hear too many stories about people not being able to find the hb and I would probably have a heart attack! I dunno, though, so tempting.

Good luck with the move this weekend!

Lucky, I love the idea of something with eleven eleven...it's a lucky combination after all!!!! :)

What about Elevenses? ( pronounced eleven-sees!) In London that's what we call brunch at 11am and that's when people like to have a good old chat!...? Throwing it out there!

I love elevenses!!!! It makes me think of Lord of the Rings! :)

LOL ! Cool! Let's see what other people think too! Elevenses anyone ??

Ohhhhwwwa! I'm feeling so sorry for myself at the moment. Moved house yesterday but really didn't do much - just sat on a chair and told people where to put things. Then last night started to get a headache which got worse and worse. I was in bed at 9pm and felt like my head was going to explode. Ive never had a migrane before but can only assume it was that as the pain was incredible and at 4am I was sick. Was horrible.

Headache eased this morning but concerned as never had migrants before. And the little research I've done said most migraine sufferers find they go in pregnancy due to hormone balance. I can cope with it all so long as baby on but so worried things going wrong. It's been a he'll of a week! I'm not sure if should go to GP or just toughen up!

Been invited io friends for lunch today and too scared to go incase I push myself and bleeding/ headache comes back.

I like Elevensees too ;)! It is creative. Hopefully all of us will give birth in the eleventh month. My dr. office scheduled my for a Dec 06 appointment. REALLY hoping I won't need to go that one hehe..

Question for you all - for the last week-10 days or so my right butt cheek is hurting, esp. when I sit on the floor or move my leg weird or things like that. Its not unbearable but only hurts when I move a certain way. I just thought it was a ligament pain/muscle pain and it would go away soon and didn't associate that with the pregnancy. Now when I google it says it might be the sciatic nerve? Anyone have any experience with that? I forgot to mention to the nurse last week, I will have to ask the dr. on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->