November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Hi guys! :wave:

Good Luck today Desi!

How is everyone?

I haven't had any cramping but i have had a shoulder tip pain which in the early days can signify an ectopic pg but i have had the early scan which showed bean in the right place so now i'm just worried. It's not even on the side i sleep on...anyone else??

Ladies,
I am back from the appointment having heard the most beautiful sound I have ever heard in my entire life. It took the dr only a few seconds to find the heartbeat and it was beating away at 153. The Dr. added and said that after she finds the heartbeat the risk of miscarriage goes down to 1-2% which was really reassuring! Now I cannot wait for my scan next Thursday. It cannot come sooner. Such a sigh of relief it was and it made everything "real" all of a sudden!

I asked the dr. about the right butt pain and also pain I have been having in my wrists - she said the butt pain could be Sciatic and there is nothing anyone can do about that and that it progressively worsens as the pregnancy goes along (yippe!!). She said the wrist pain could be carpal tunnel and it will sometimes trigger during pregnancy because you are retaining more water. She said that is common too and nothing can be done about that as well except I could buy some wrist bands and stuff to help relieve some of that.

awesome Desi! So happy you heard the wonderful heartbeat :)
I got carpel tunnel baaaaaad with my first... Dont mean to scare you, but it was the only thing that was really awful for me. I did work at a coffee shop and also ran our home office (typed a LOT) - so both of those things could have made it worse.. but it got so bad my hands would ache and keep me up at night. I wore wrist braces just to keep my wrists from being bent but it was still bad.. to even touch my wrists where the veins are was excruciating. By the end my fingers were completely numb... I really hope yours doesnt get worse.. and for that matter I hope I dont get it again..eeeek.

Ive had the butt cheek pain a couple of times too the past few weeks.. and lower back pain off an on.

Desi- fabulous news about your appointment. Really thrilled for you!

Girls I know that to treat sciatica you need to very very carefully stretch the sciatic nerve. But not too quickly or it aggravates. I'll try find a website that tells you how.

X

That's wonderful Desi!!!! Yay! :happydance: Does it make you want to buy a doppler? :haha:

About pain in various areas...butt, wrists, shoulders...it just seems to be what happens as it's happening to us all. I know there's a scientific explanation for the random pains (other than the sciatic nerve pain), something to do with everything softening and increased blood flow I think. I slept wrong last night and my shoulder kind of hurts today. It will all be worth it!

Oh, and I got up too fast from my desk earlier and got the sharpest cramp ever! It must have had something to do with getting up quickly.

lucky, how have you been?

So I had a scan yesterday and Desi heard the hb today....when does everyone else have upcoming appointments?

Btw, how has everyone's morning sickness been?

The past few days have been sooooooo rough for me. Last night I had to get up in the middle of the night and eat an orange.

Actually all of my symptoms have been rough the past few days...I'm getting cramping after a week of not really having any, feeling really nauseas after it started to go away, and I'm more tired than even my normal pregnancy tired.

Congrats, Desi!! That is so awesome. I haven't heard the heartbeat yet, just seen it. But now I want to buy a doppler! Perhaps it would help ease my nerves, but if I can't find the heartbeat it would only makes things worse. Tough choice. Is anyone else getting one?

My next appt. is Monday, having the NT scan.

My morning sickness is getting much better but I do still fill nauseous if I start getting hungry. I am, however, having a bit of insomnia. Part of it probably has to do with getting up to pee several times a night, but even when I have a good night and only get up once, I'm still having trouble sleeping. :wacko:

Ohh boy. So much to look forward to. I am at a computer all day and all evening too (as you can see). I might have to switch the mouse to the left to see if that makes a difference.

awesome Desi! So happy you heard the wonderful heartbeat :)
I got carpel tunnel baaaaaad with my first... Dont mean to scare you, but it was the only thing that was really awful for me. I did work at a coffee shop and also ran our home office (typed a LOT) - so both of those things could have made it worse.. but it got so bad my hands would ache and keep me up at night. I wore wrist braces just to keep my wrists from being bent but it was still bad.. to even touch my wrists where the veins are was excruciating. By the end my fingers were completely numb... I really hope yours doesnt get worse.. and for that matter I hope I dont get it again..eeeek.

Ive had the butt cheek pain a couple of times too the past few weeks.. and lower back pain off an on.

It was fabulous to hear the heartbeat. DH recorded it and I have played it quite a few times already :)! I don't know what kind of Doppler my dr. had but it took her just a few seconds to locate the heartbeat (it helps that she is trained and she does this all day long). It was definitely down low almost at the hair line. I also asked her how to feel the uterus and she pointed the exact same spot that I found after talking to he nurse last time. Now I can may be feel it once a week to see if it is moving up. I can tell that it has moved up slightly from last week to this week.

I am tempted to buy a Doppler too but after 14 weeks I can go to my County health to talk to the nurse and to hear the heartbeat, so I think that I will just use that service. I have timed the appointments so that I will see either the County Nurse/my doctor every couple of weeks.

Congrats, Desi!! That is so awesome. I haven't heard the heartbeat yet, just seen it. But now I want to buy a doppler! Perhaps it would help ease my nerves, but if I can't find the heartbeat it would only makes things worse. Tough choice. Is anyone else getting one?

My next appt. is Monday, having the NT scan.

My morning sickness is getting much better but I do still fill nauseous if I start getting hungry. I am, however, having a bit of insomnia. Part of it probably has to do with getting up to pee several times a night, but even when I have a good night and only get up once, I'm still having trouble sleeping. :wacko:

Congrats Desi!! That's brilliant! So glad u got to hear the heart beat, makes such a difference :)

My shoulder still hurts, gonna ring midwife this morning see what she says... Nausea isn't terrible but I did throw up again last night so comes and goes in waves... I do think I'm getting a cold which is a pain or of may just be hayfever..??!! Hope everyone has a great day! Go elevenses! :)

Oh Sparkle - you've had MS so so bad. Does vomitting help relief the nausea or just make the whole expereince worse? I had bad nausea at the weekend but its improved since Monday. I used to get it about 6pm onwards but now I seem to get more mid morning but not as bad. Ive got it slightly now.

Ive not really had any other symptoms aside from the headache last weekend. B00bies are still sore but thats it.

My NT scan is next Tuesday 17th.

Im thinking of getting a Doppler to help relief my anxiety. But im going to wait and see how next weeks scan goes first.

sxx

Hello Girls,
Oh I am so ready to move over to the second trimester! Its really hard to read all the sad stories in the first trimester, I'm kinda avoiding the threads and that makes me feel guilty! - I should be more supportive but I'm finding it really gets me down.

On a brighter note its my 12 week scan on friday!!! Yipeee, yes I know its the 13th BUT I'm not superstitious so I'm sure all will be great!

When are you girls going to move to second trimester, I might move over next week! I know officially on BnB it should be 14 weeks but developmentally end of 12 weeks is second trimester! Xxxx

Just spotted this thread linked in a buddy thread! Mind if I come hide in here? I'm due the 26th November, and have my first scan on the 16th may!

I'm finding it harder and harder to visit the 1st tri forum. So much worry and things that make me nervous! And then this morning when I logged in, there was three good bye threads. THREE! Its making me a nervous wreck seeing so many people MC!

Hello Ladies,

I have been lurking on this thread for a while and feel I know you all already. Did not want to post until I knew the pregnancy was ok.

I am due Nov 26th with my 4th child. My last pregnancy was 5 years ago, I think whether its baby 1 or baby 4 you never stop the excitement or worry.

I heard the babies heartbeat today at my booking appointment, took her while but she said at 11 weeks it was a 50/50 chance and not to get upset if she couldn't. I remember from my first pregnancy they struggled to find the heartbeat at a 16weeks appt and that really worried me.

We have told most people straight away, my oldest son who is 8 blabbed to his football teams mates and the word just spread around our small village.

Cherry x

Welcome Tizy, Cherry & Gnomer! We definitely have more UK representation now :)! Yes, it is very depressing to read some of the threads so for the last few days I have just been coming here straight as opposed to going to the main first tri threads. Just so you ladies know we are officially calling ourselves "The Elevenses" :)!

BumpHope - I am your insomniac friend. I woke up last night at 12:15 and for the life of me couldn't go back to sleep! I was wide awake. It never happens to me! I drank some water, lied in bed and tried to go back to sleep and eventually did at around 1:45 and then woke up again a couple of times but went back to sleep after about 10 min each time. I hope this doesn't continue, if it does I don't know how I am going to be able to function at work all day!

Tizy - We have not discussed the - when are we moving over to second tri question yet. I am thinking that I will move over after 13w6d i.e. 14w0d! What is everyone else thinking? I think we should created the title of the thread to be "The Elevenses" in that one!

Oh..in other news - We called up both our parents today and told them the news! My MIL didn't seem to have realized how far along I am and just said that she thought MS would start after 12 weeks. Dear God, I hope not! :D!

My mother just said that something was up when she saw me in a couple of pictures (and she had already hinted at something but I just ignored the hint) and said she suspected something was up!

Other than that, everyone is really happy for us!

Hi Tizy, Gnomer and Cherry! :wave: Yay, come in, come in! November 26th is also my official due date now. :) Oh I know, the 1st tri threads have been really sad the past few days and quite scary. :(

Oh, we don't have to move this thread when we reach second tri. The thread has been automatically moved to pregnancy groups so we can just stay here until November. But in order to change the title of the group on the thread we'd need BabyShaw to come back. BabyShaw, where are you???

Yipee for hearing baby's heartbeat today Cherry!

Bumphope and Desi, I'm also struggling with insomnia. Last night wasn't so bad but the night before I was tossing and turning so much I got out of bed, went to the loung and ate food and read through the pregnancy binder the hospital had given me from about 3-5 am. By the time I got back to sleep the sun was coming up!

Desi, how exciting you told your parents! What hint had your mom given you? I've been seeing my parents about once a week since getting pregnant using all kinds of excuses for my tiredness and lack of appetite....I wonder if they have guessed? My mom told me I was losing weight, though, and that's just not true :haha:!

Oh yay! More UK girls! Welcome!
I think I will start following 2nd tri forum from next week. Realise we dont move. I was thinking about babyshaw other day too. Hope all is ok.

I went into work today- first day since my bleed last Wed. It was fine- travelled out of rush hour. But tough as so many people in office asked me if I was better - clearly my boas told them I was off sick. So I was caught out when people asked what was up! Although did giggle when one girl asked if it was contagious!

Oh and peeing not as bad today! TMI??!

Allie -
My mom was just wondering out loud one day and was talking about my nephew who is 14 months old and I knew she was hinting at whether or not we were ready to have ours :D! I tried hard to not burst out and tell her the news then :D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->