November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Welcome ladies of the UK!!! :wave: Hi Gnomer, Tizy and Cherry!! :hi:
MS SUCKS!!! Just come back from throwing up AGAIN!! I went to A&E today, shoulder has been really bad and they wanted to eliminate any problems, after 4 hours was told all is well and don't need to be scanned because i'm going on Tuesday. Cervix is tightly shut and everything! Wish they could have figured that out earlier!! My bbs are sooo sore too and i'm ultra emotional! Good times! As for moving over to second tri, i reckon 14 weeks is about right?

Sarah i'm glad going back to work was ok, .......contagious!? HA! That would be a nightmare can u imagine if pg was contagious! We'd be popping them out non stop!

Glad you got the all clear, Sparkle. Did they say what was causing your shoulder pain?

Sorry about the throwing up, just when you think it should be getting better.

Yes, LOL @ our contagious pregnancies. ;) She'll have a laugh when she finds out the real reason!

Thanks Allie,

Yep, thought the MS was getting better but NO!!!

They think it's a trapped nerve but i just can't wait until Tuesday, for some reason i'm getting more anxious rather than more excited..:shrug:

My OH has been amazing, he refuses to let me see the bills, cleans, washes the clothes and does the hoovering???!!! I wish I was permanently pregnant! LOL!

I'm feeling kind of weird and worried tonight. My boobs aren't as sore as usual and I got a few disconcerting cramps. I also had some brown discharge, which I seem to notice every once in awhile and put down to my progesterone suppositories (which usually give me a weird discharge anyways), but tonight just wasn't a good night to see it. :(

I also feel really emotional. Even though I get cramps often, tonight they just freaked me out and I started crying, not from the pain but from worry.

Maybe it's all of the reading on the first tri forums that has gotten me down. And I know a lot of us on here have had cramps and spotting recently, it just sucks!

I know what you mean about being more nervous the closer you get to your scan on Tuesday Sparkle. Mine is Tuesday too and whilst im counting down the days Im so scared as I feel its make or break.. espcially with my bleeds and freaky headache / migrane.

But Allie- I really dont think you have anything to worry about. I am absolutley positive everything is fine especially as you saw your little baby a few days ago. The chances of something going wrong 1t 11 weeks is very slim. I ws told by the nurse that most m/c occur much earlier on but are not discovered until 11-12 weeks. So if you have seen baby at 11 weeks you really should be fine. Was your scan on Monday internal or external? If internal maybe this has causes the little bit of brown d/c? In regards to your boobs being less sore this is very normal and everything I have read says they do ease off as you get closer to the end of the first trimester. In 6 months 1 day you are going to give birth to a beautiful thumb sucking baby! I know it!

You probably know all that but it is so hard not worry. When you wnat something so much its so frightening. Espcially when you've m/c before. Im convinced something is going to go wrong. Either at my scan on Tuesday or NT results. Never thought being pregnant would be so stressful!!

Hi lovely ladies, so sorry I haven't been on regularly.

I'm also still suffering from really bad MS....but without the throwing up, which I think makes it worse. And the fatigue.....gosh, it's not even funny. Add that to the fact that I work in a very competitive office, and you can imagine how hellish its been.

The great thing is I had my nuchal scan this week. Everything is great and the twinnies are measuring well. One of them was just chilling and sucking his/her thumb, while the other was jumping all over the place. It was so surreal.

Good luck with your scans Allie and Sarah.....and so sorry about the MS, Sparklebunny. That's great you told the parents, desiwannab!!!!

:hi: to everyone else!

Allie,
Don't worry. Think +ve. I know easier said than done. I have had some 'weird' cramping last night too, I discounted it because of the heartbeat we heard the previous day and went to bed by 9:00 p.m.

In other notes, has anyone watched the movie "The Secret"? It is an 'out there' sort of a movie and it is all about power of positive thinking and intention. I watched that a few years ago and I strictly followed some of the techniques they talk about and have gotten good results in the past. Since I became pregnant I 'forgot' that movie and I watched it again after my scare last week and I have been again using those techniques. It really feels good. I highly recommend it! Like I said the movie might not be for everyone but you won't know until you watch it :)!

Allie,

Could the cramping have been because our Uterus is finally a little bit too big to fit behind the pelvic bone and it is trying to come up and that is causing the cramping? Have you been able to feel your Uterus? Just start in line with your belly button, keep feeling and going down you will feel it right at the hair line?! That is the only part that should feel "hard"!

I have been a nervous wreck too all week. I can't seem to shake it. :(

I thought my lower back pain was pretty much gone, but nope, it's back in full force. Between that and the butt pain, the mild cramping, not sleeping, getting MS at random times, and now having some random abdominal pain on my right side (a few inches below my chest), I just can't take it! :wacko: Plus, I really need to stay away from googling things and reading about miscarriages. I think it's driving me mad. Hopefully I can maintain some form of sanity until next Monday.

Sarah - how is your peeing situation? Do you by any chance have a tilted uterus?

I have a tilted uterus Bumphope....how does that affect things?

Thanks girls. :hugs: So, so much. Your words are so comforting! I'm so glad we have this to go through together.

I just got back from spending a few hours at the OB office, and it turns out I'm sick! Not sure with what, though, and baby is fine, heard the heartbeat with the doppler. Thank goodness!! :)

I kept getting a really sharp pain on my right side last night, down where I thought my uterus might be. It would come and go for a second at a time, but I noticed it ALL NIGHT. Then I woke up in chills with a racing heart and just felt awful, so I called the OB nurse line and they asked me to come in. Midwife checked me over listened to baby and thought it might be my bladder. Did a urine sample which came back normal, but I have a fever and my blood pressure was kind of high (probably from worry). They took some blood to check for infections and will call me if there's anything that shows up...but for now, it looks like I've caught some sort of bug. I'm just so relieved baby is good!

Allie,

Could the cramping have been because our Uterus is finally a little bit too big to fit behind the pelvic bone and it is trying to come up and that is causing the cramping? Have you been able to feel your Uterus? Just start in line with your belly button, keep feeling and going down you will feel it right at the hair line?! That is the only part that should feel "hard"!

Oh yeah, she thinks the cramping is either my right ovary or yes, my uterus going over my pelvic bone. She felt my uterus and it is now above the pelvic bone, and the place she put the doppler is higher than it was two weeks ago. Good call! I don't know if I'm actually feeling the right place when I do it myself, but it's good to know my little 'bump' is not all in my head haha.

She thinks it's where my ovary is, so who knows. I gave in and took two Tylenol to help with the fever and it's helped with the cramps too. :thumbup:

Hi Isi! :wave:

Sarah and Bumphope, I feel you with the nerves, I really do. Yes, definitely stop googling and reading about miscarriages. I was doing that last night and don't think it helped at all! I wonder if it's because we're reaching the end of first tri and entering the 'safe' zone if it's a mental thing...."if something is going to wrong, it's going to go wrong now" kind of thing. We just have to remember that the stats are truly on our side at this point...and stop reading worrying stuff, wich I know is hard!

Sarah, in answer to your question, my scan was internal, so maybe she did bump things around. She did move the wand around a lot.

Hope everyone's doing okay today!

Allie,

I am glad you got to see the midwife and hear the heart beat. I hope whatever it is will go away soon for ya and you start feeling better.

As for me, I have some SHARP pains right now in my lower abdomen on all sides, left, right, middle. They are the sharpest ever and giving me a jerk every time they come. I think if they keep coming tonight, I will call the drs office.

I still have some weird sharp cramping but not as bad as last night. Wondering if I should call the doctor!

Hi Desi.
No harm in calling and it will put your mind at ease.... . But I think Round Ligament Pain is felt as sudden short cramps. I dont think its anything you should worry about. Its the very painful heavy constant period cramps that are the baduns. But no harm in checking....

They are the sharpest ever and giving me a jerk every time they come.

They sound just like mine, only mine were in one spot! Midwife didn't seem too concerned at all, just thought maybe it was what I mentioned above. It was greatly reassuring to hear the heartbeat, though.

Mine went away yesterday so hopefully yours do, too! :hugs:

I haven't watched or read "The Secret" but I remember when it was big a few years ago. Didn't Oprah love it? I'll have to look into it!.

Happy 12 weeks Sarah! :happydance: (I'm actually 11 weeks 6 days going by my scan but shhhh ;) )

I cant believe Im 12 weeks today! After my little pep talk to Allie yesterday I've had a huge freak out. I was lying in bed last night and couldnt sleep. I'm just so convinced something is going to go wrong. Either the baby wont be there at Tuesdays appointment or my NT results will be really bad. I feel so upset. Ive had such a hard time with this pregnancies with my bleeds. Im still having to work from home, cant exercise and am too scared to venture far from home so not really going out. I so want to enjoy being pregnant but im too scared.

Tried talking to my DH but its tough as hes super stressed too. I fell pregnant 6 weeks after my m/c and its been an emotional time for both of us. He said last night that he doesnt feel strong enough to cope if something goes wrong again.... although he knows its out of our control. But I feel awful. I feel like I really need his strength but I know he is drained also. The day I had my bleeds he was a mess.

I just feel like its all going to collapse around me.....

Sarah, :hugs: What makes you think baby won't be there? Didn't you see baby on the scan after your bleeds? And his/her little heart was beating away. :) You've been checked out and the doctor says it's fine, so I'm sure it will be but I know how hard it is not to worry. It took me nearly a year after my MC to fall pregnant again and I can't imagine how raw it must feel after 6 weeks...but just remember, just because you've had one mc doesn't mean you'll have another, in fact the chances are just as good as someone who hasn't had a MC at all. Have you talked to DH about how you need him to be there for you? Maybe he doesn't realize that right now he needs to be the strong one for you, that you really need that right now. And lastly, as Tuesday might feel like a long way off, can you go into your GP or an EPU and see if they'll listen to baby's heartbeat? I swear I was so emotional and worried but after I heard baby's heartbeat yesterday I felt a huge weight lifted. Maybe it's worth getting peace of mind before Tuesday. :hugs:

I did call the nurse. She asked me the usual question - are you drinking enough water? are you bleeding? I answered yes and no. She then said, well keep an eye on it, if it becomes unbearable or if you start bleeding give us a call. I knew that is the answer I would get but I tried. I haven't cramped in the last hour so may be it has gone away?! I am thinking only positive thoughts!

Will we constantly worry the same way even in the second trimester? I sure hope not!!! I am jealous of your girls who are already at week 12 :p! I have to wait a couple days :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->