November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Allie - Yes, baby can sleep in the napper up until about 3 months as long as he cannot roll over yet. He can then move on to using the bassinet feature until he is 15lbs. The napper is not necessary though...you could just get one with a bassinet feature and use that from the start. I agree, it is all very confusing and overwhelming!

Ohh, I see (I think). So you buy one pack n play, and it either comes with a bassinet or a napper?

The brand I'm looking at is Graco. They have a pack n play that comes with both a napper and bassinet (and changer, which I don't care for but it comes with a lot of their models). Or, you can go for a less expensive Graco model that comes with only a bassinet (but then there are a few just bassinet options too...like with or without a canopy...the canopy one can get pricey). Does that make sense? Hehe, so many options, it's really confusing to know what you'll really need until after the baby comes!

Hiya Ladies! How is everyone? I'm completely knackered and getting kicked all day and into the night. Bump is definitely growing, i felt awful today and could barely move :( But it is all totally worth it :) Only 3 months left!! Now i'm starting to freak out, because we've bought nothing!! I have to say we always opt for a moses basket (bassinet). It means that we can keep the baby right next to the bed. They are just so tiny when they are born!

Hi Sparkle!! :wave: How cute you're getting kicked so much...when you say you feel awful, do you mean the kicks hurt? I've had a few where he must be kicking some organs....

I went to Target today and saw the Graco Pack 'n Play with the bassinet only and it was $60. I found some regular bassinets for $50 (fisher price brand). So it seems like it would be best to get to the Pack N Play....but the Fisher Price bassinet was good up to 20 lbs or something.

I bought a few baby things there tonight but nothing big....some receiving blankets (to go with our planned baby zoo animal nursery theme), a swaddle blanket (recommended by doctors apparently to prevent SIDS), some bibs....ahh, it was so fun! I can't wait for some big purchase shopping. There was a massively pregnant woman there buying things like baby thermometers so you know when you start buying little things like that you're about ready to pop!

I love Target's baby stuff! I was there this weekend and really had to use some self control so I wouldn't buy any more stuff. I still need so much, but I think I'll wait until after the baby shower to see what people gift us.

No way!!! What does it look like and on what part of your bump? :happydance:

I guess I've never looked while he is kicking but I don't think they are strong enough to see from the outside yet.

So has DH seen or felt baby kicking yet? :)

Sorry to hear about the spotting/bleed Allie and BumpHope. I seem to get that too from 'overdoing it' - makes me feel like a bit of a wimp when I hear about all these people doing loads of things while preg but better to be safe.

Wish my poor hubby could feel the babies kick - he's been trying but always seems to miss it! We have a scan in a few days though, so we should be able to see them again. Are any of you playing music etc to your bumps?

I try to listen to classical music in the car or at least something soothing...I read that babies in the womb don't like rock music, so I'm trying to avoid listening to anything too loudly except with headphones. What about you?

DH and I also read to eachother and the baby every night in bed together. I think baby really likes it as he usually kicks a few times while we're reading. :) So cute. Of course DH usually misses it by the time he puts his hand on my bump.

You girls are so good! I have not started reading to or playing music specifically for baby yet. :dohh: I have ordered a few baby books so once they arrive, I'll at least start on the reading bit. Lately I am feeling so overwhelmed with everything!! There is still so much to do and it feels like time is winding down, especially since I'm not counting on being able to do much of anything in the last month or so.

Allie - I thought the kicking was too light still to be able to see it on my belly too. But I checked it out yesterday when I knew baby is most active, which is in the afternoon. And low and behold, there was my stomach moving around!! And then I sat there for an hour just staring at my stomach! :haha: I saw her kick 7 times (but there were times too when she would kick that I couldn't see it). The movement area varied, but you'll know exactly where to look since you can feel it too. It just looks like a targeted area of your stomach going up and then down....like a massive twitch?? I don't know how else to describe it, hehe.

Poor DH has STILL not seen or felt baby move. Our timing is always so off!

The book we are currently reading to baby at night is Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy...it's pretty funny. :) I've been bad at reading my pregnancy books....hopefully I'm not missing anything too important.

Although today I came across an article on Gestational Diabetes. When are you all getting tested for it? They are having me do the glucose challenge test at 28 weeks but I'm wondering if I should have it sooner as I have a lot of the risk factors for GD.... :shrug:

Thanks for the tips on looking for baby's kicks! I should try that tonight. The problem is my baby is most active when I'm ready for bed or in the middle of the night when I wake up. :haha: Usually when I'm relaxing in the evening he is quiet, so probably relaxing too.

I think my GD check is sometime between 26-28 weeks also. I had them check me out though when they did my initial prenatal blood work around week 10 because I have a history of diabetes in my family so I was paranoid and wanted to rule that out. The lab receptionist looked at me like I was crazy because I was taking the GD test so early on in the pregnancy. :haha: I just hope I pass again this time around so I don't have to do the 3 hr test!!

Hi guys,

I've got my glucose test on 5th August so i'll be 25/26 weeks....my bbs have got huge again!! :blush: and there is liquid when i squeeze them :wacko:....it's all becoming so real!

@Allie, soon you won't even have to look out for kicks they'll be so frequent. :friends: I can't wait til we're around 28 weeks and they're more constant.

I had a real worry for the last dew days as LO went so quiet i felt about 4 kicks a day at most. I was freaking out! Then today LO was back to wriggling and squirming all day! I have to say my OH and I did have an argument a couple of days ago and baba was obviously quiet the next day. I think that it did affect LO more than i thought it would. I told OH and we both felt so guilty and i don't think we'll be arguing again not while i'm pg anyway!

Sparkle, what kind of liquid is coming out? And is it when you squeeze your breasts or your nipple? I haven't had that yet! Though I have noticed a few bits of dried stuff on them...that may be liquid that has dried?

Aww, I don't think baby was quiet because you argued so I wouldn't feel bad. I've been reading a lot about movement as I'm wondering what I should be feeling right about now and it seems really normal for baby to have quiet days. If anything he was probably tired because you were tired or something, not that he noticed you argued....

That being said, I got out the doppler Friday night because I had been out at a family party and it was sooooo loud and I ate loads but I still didn't feel him kicking like he usually does in the evening. Not even a tiny flutter. So when I got home I listened with the doppler. I was thinking the commotion, the noise, the sugar, the food, etc, would have made him active but it seemed to make him less active. :shrug:

I hope everyone had a good weekend! We were at a wedding yesterday and it was sooooo loud at the dance and everyone was drunk! But I got a lot of belly rubs haha. We ended up back at the hotel by 11 as I'm not a party animal these days....and DH and I had actual sex for the first time since I got pregnant. It wasn't the greatest, to be honest! Not him, I was just too nervous to do it for very long.

@ Allie, Congrats on being able to :sex:!!! :rofl: I can't even imagine doing the deed! And OH is freaked out by the bump! It is massive though!

6 Months tomorrow!! :yippee: The liquid coming out of my bbs is clear and there when i squeeze them! Sometimes there is dry stuff there too :blush:
Baba is seriously having a party in my stomach today, but i have to say i am getting to the point already where i can't wait for him/her to make an appearance. I've been so uncomfortable for ages :( And it takes forever to walk anywhere!

I've really got to start doing the whole classical music thing (in the car is definitely a good idea) - at the moment the babies seem to be super-active when we're watching grey's anatomy dvds - oops!

Not sure when I'm having the glucose test - no-one's mentioned it but I have to go back to the dr again in 3 weeks so maybe they'll tell me then.

I hope everyone's doing well!

I've started feeling baby boy a lot more which is really exciting. I feel him really low down still, is that normal? Like near my pubic area! Sometime I also get a random kick really high up.

AFM after being constipated most of the pregnancy I have had an upset stomach the past few days. :( I can't figure out what is causing it as I usually have a stomach of steel....not even the antibiotics I was on messed up my tummy. Of course I hate it, other than being uncomfortable I worry about it being a symptom of pre-term labor.

Don't worry Allie, i've had quite the opposite of constipation for most of my pg!

Allie - It doesn't sound weird to me that you feel baby low down. Personally, I feel baby all over the place but I think everyone is different. This week I have started feeling baby kick towards my back and bum. Boy, what a strange feeling to having something kicking your bum!! :wacko:

DH finally saw my stomach move when baby kicked! I signed up for all my prenatal classes...going to get everything done in September. I'm also finally going to start my prenatal yoga classes later this week. Other than that, it's business as usual. :flower:

How is everyone doing with nursery decorating?? I'm still having a hard time finding a white changing table or dresser that doesn't break the bank but still isn't flimsy and gets good reviews online. :shrug: But we did get our crib ordered at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->