November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Awww Sarah! Don't worry those pains are probably just your body getting ready for the main event!

I am using Tommee Tippee bottles and using a 0 month teat. She seems to be able to go between the two when encouraged. Patience is a huge factor! I'm bottling in the night and breasting as much as poss through the day. I pump after I feed and then bottle what I get then I sometimes save it for later or just give it to her in a bottle for next feed. desi, be careful of double pump, apparently it is very painful and ineffectual unless ur having twins... The single works very fast if yr worried about time :)

Sarah,
My sister exclusively breastfed for 18 months so she is giving me lots of advice. She also went back to work when my nephew was 4 weeks so she pumped and breast fed both. She said that she pretty much ONLY gave breast until about week 4 and then started giving bottle(pumped milk) at late nights and early mornings OR when my nephew was still sort of in a sleep slumber and was not awake all the way. Then she started changing that to when he was more awake etc and apparently that avoided the nipple confusion and he took both bottle and breast easily. She said that she fed him right when he woke up. Pumped right before she left for work around 8:30 a.m. Then pumped again at work at 10:30/12:30/2:30. Then came home fed him at evenings and nights. She said the key is to keep baby at breast as much as you can so your mind tells your body to produce milk. That is what I learnt at my breastfeeding class too. She said if you exclusviely want to breastfeed you will have to get past the initial 2-3 weeks when you think its not working and you will get through the hard part. So keeping focus and determination when you are the most vulnerable to give up is the key I think!!

Yeah, I get those stabbing pains too but they don't usually have a pattern. I just relax and they go away after a while. I am working till the day of labor so its getting slightly uncomfortable at work!!!

Sparkle,
Thanks for the note on the double. My sister and a couple of friends are currently using the double and its working for them. I am hoping it will for me too. I guess we will see how it goes....will only in a few weeks huh?!

Sarah, it sounds like practice labor to me! Your bod is getting ready.

Desi and Sparkle, thanks for the breastfeeding advice!

Have any of you lost your mucous plug yet? I'm pretty sure I lost all of mine last night and it counted as a bloody show. TMI but there was a A LOT of it and it was comepletely brown. I can't find a consensus online about what this means though? I'm not getting any contractions.

Thanks girls! Think I'm going to be on a steep learning curve.
Desi I can't believe you're working to the end! Hardcore.

Allie- I read that losing your mucus plug can mean labour very close but also some girls can be weeks after they list plug. Helpful eh?!

That's what I read too, haha. :dohh: Oh well. I did read that it may be more likely if it's bloody and not just clear and mucousy but I guess that could be wishful thinking.

I'm just soooooooo scared of being induced tomorrow. I'm really afraid of it being super painful, lasting FOREVER, or leading to the baby being in distress or a c-section. :cry: I want to go on my own so badly!

I have half a mind to call up and say I don't want to be induced, and want to just stay on bedrset and wait. But then I think that could be bad for baby with my blood pressure so maybe I'll just do it....blah. I'm very emotional. :cry:

Hi Allie. It's tough for you. Can u talk to them and see what they say... Say you've lost your mucus plus and see if you could wait til Monday for induction? If it helps my friend was induced and all went smoothly. Maybe see what your blood pressure doing tomorrow- that said it's bound to be high as you'll be feeling on edge about everything.

Past few days I've literally felt like I'm going to go into labour anyway. But today I've felt like im weeks and weeks away! I really don't want to go over!

Allie,
A lot of my friends were induced in the past. Everything went well. You just have to outweigh the risks at this point - bedrest vs. induction! How about some squats? I heard they work for some people but I am not sure if that will affect your BP.

Keep us all posted as soon as you can!

I was gonna suggest dancing like all those youtube videos but then I am pretty sure that will make your BP go crazyyy!!

Just realized that we haven't heard from a lot of the other girls on this thread! I wonder if they had their babies and are too busy to post :p! Aren't we the only ones left? I wonder.....

Sarah - I am also going to try to wait until around week 4 of breastfeeding before introducing the bottle as they say it takes about that long for breastfeeding to get established. But I know people who weren't able to get breastfeeding/latching going for several weeks after the baby was born and did have to supplement with formula...I think the key is to just not give up. Personally, if I didn't know of these stories, I probably would give up thinking it's not going to work...but I guess it can still work out several weeks after birth. :thumbup: I get the intensely painful stabbing pains too. For me, it is super low on my bump and happens when baby moves down there so that is how I know they are not contractions. It is horrendous! Feels like the baby is trying to claw his way out of there, especially when the pain is shooting down my vagina! And sometimes I have so much pressure down there I'm sure the baby is coming any second too, but then here I am...waiting... :coffee:

I know people who love the double breast pumps....hopefully they work for me b/c that's what I have. :haha: I'm not going back to work right away so I have some flexibility with not having to pump, but I'd like to start pumping after 4 weeks so that DH can feed the baby as well and have that bonding time too (not to mention, I'm sure I will appreciate the break especially at night).

Allie - I've also heard that losing your mucus plus doesn't necessarily mean anything as it regenerates!! :wacko: I have a friend who was induced for both her labors since she went past her due dates and she had successful inductions. So hopefully you will have a smooth go at it. :hugs: I know at one point you were hoping to deliver without pain meds; what are your thoughts on that now...do you plan on an epidural? Do you have an exercise/birthing ball? Rolling around on that might help get things going too. Or try walking around. Though, don't do those things if you think they'll make your BP go up. :dohh:

Yeah, I can't do much because I'm on bedrest. :(

I called and asked if I could push my induction a day or two because I may go into labor myself as I'm getting signs...

They basically acted like I was being a huge pain in the ass and said they can't just schedule me in whenever I feel like it. They gave me the choice to go in tomorrow or wait until my normal OB appt on Tuesday to set up a new induction date.

I'm so frustrated!! I don't like that I'm being made to make this decision...they are acting like either way it's not a big deal. I wish they would give me their medical opinion. One day it's all serious that I've pre-e and the next it's like whatever.

I just don't know what to do....

Yes it really would be nice if they could give you an opinion. Did you speak to the labor and delivery department? Perhaps you could ask to consult with a doctor on call?? What does DH think you should do?

It was a clinic nurse, but she is the one 'in charge' or something, the OB coordinator. She was really, really rude. She had consulted with my doctor and apparently those are the choices my doctor gave.

It's frustrating that it's now being presented as a 'choice'. I mean how am I meant to make that call? I don't know which is best for the baby...I'm not a doctor.

I want to avoid induction if I can but I don't want to keep the baby in there if it's best for him to be out, just because I'm freaking out. And if I don't go into labor naturally I will be induced next week anyways...how much difference is a few days? I have no idea.

Allie,
It sucks that they are giving you that choice. I wish you could speak to a dr. yourself. Can you do that now? I think if they are giving you a choice, then I would think that they don't feel one way or another either way which makes your decision even tough! I would say try and speak to a doc. yourself..instead of having the nurse do it?

Allie - I can understand why you would be torn. Personally, I would call back and explain that you would like to know what the medical recommendation is. They really have no right to be so rude!! Some people should not be allowed to work in jobs that require them to have good bedside manner!

Poor you Allie :friends:

If it's any help, my induction was brilliant and went very smoothly. If they're going to insure you next week maybe wait? I know these professionals are rude at times. I had a massive go at one of my midwives. They may do this every day but this is our child! I do know that were they seriously worried they probably wouldn't hesitate to get ur baby out and safe. Bur I agree you should ring back if you want more answers whether they like it or not!

I'm going in....I have a headache and I've just been so upset, so there's no point just putting off the inevitable! It's not the birth I envisioned but I am going to keep my eyes on the end result. Keep me in your thoughts it goes smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->