November Autumn Babies

I've been rather quiet here, but am now home after a beautiful 10 days in Croatia with oh! ...feeling so great after the break, and most definitely nesting, can't wait to get cleaning and organising!! ...holiday was great for so many reasons, but my favourite thing was that every time I went swimming, baby woke up and wriggled like mad inside me! It was the loveliest feeling!! My boobs grew hugely just before we went, and while we were away, I went from a 34C to a 36D in about 2 weeks! ...meant that half the stuff I took with me didn't fit by the second half of the holiday, but hey, things could be worse!! Hope you are a doing well, lovely to see some great anatomy scans

Hi all. Happy to hear scans are going well.

Zoboe, Croatia sounds like a beautiful holiday!

I’ve just got back from holiday too and hit the ground running. Had my anatomy scan and baby is healthy and active coming in around 12oz. I’m feeling great. No major changes to my body besides the shape of my stomach and even that is still pretty minimum at this stage even though I’ve gained a few pounds in the last 5 weeks, which is completely different from my first. I was a beach whale by 20 weeks haha.

How is everyone else?

Anyone else here on anxiety meds they ideally need to come off of soon?

wishn and ash-- congrats on the great news about your anatomy scans! I am happy for both of you.

my anatomy scan will be on July 10th at 20 weeks + 5 days. I am hoping for some good news too.

my belly is starting to actually look pregnant at certain angles and when I am wearing certain clothes. Here is a pic from today at 18 weeks + 3 days.

Attachments

• 20180624_171832.jpg
    20180624_171832.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 6
Ash congrats on a good scan! My babe gets active in the evening too, but not enough to keep me from sleeping yet. Maybe that’s the blessing of an anterior placenta?

Zoboe, I’m glad you had a nice holiday! Isn’t it fun to feel the baby move!?

Nogreater, glad your anatomy scan went well and you’re feeling great!

Happy, I don’t have any experience with anxiety meds...I hope you can figure things out. Happy halfway to you! :hugs:

What a cute bump you have there Lar!

We got back from our &#8220;baby moon&#8221; vacation to the Yukon late last night! We had a fantastic trip, saw lots of beautiful scenery and wildlife. I felt great and had plenty of energy, the only drawback was that I had to pee every hour or so, which is not convenient when you&#8217;re travelling! My bump is undeniable now, and I&#8217;m feeling baby move more and more, especially in the evenings. DH has been able to feel the baby move a couple of times, which is so incredible! I&#8217;m so happy to share this experience with him! <3

thanks happy and wishn.

wishn- glad you enjoyed your trip, and that's exciting about you and DH being able to feel baby move!

cupcake- I meant to respond to your question earlier and forgot. I have been on psychiatric medication for most of the last 20 years of my life. I was also on an antidepressant for about the first half of my first trimester but I came off it because of the pregnancy. I am very depressed and very anxious :( Like more so now than usual. I may go back on but I haven't decided yet.

Lar I&#8217;m sorry you&#8217;re struggling. If it&#8217;s any consolation you&#8217;re definitely not alone, I&#8217;m right there with you! I think depression during pregnancy is particularly hard because not only are you faced with all these decisions regarding medications, but you kind of feel like you should automatically be jumping for joy every minute of every day because you&#8217;re pregnant. And it isn&#8217;t that you&#8217;re not happy about that (though sometimes you unexpectedly end up feeling differently than you thought about pregnancy), but just generally finding everything harder.
I used to be on antidepressants years ago for a long time but came off them. I&#8217;m diagnosed with bipolar and it isn&#8217;t sensible to take antidepressants on their own in this instance. I found that my mood was its most unstable through those years. I&#8217;m currently using diazepam which does curb extreme moods, and it does to a degree help anxiety but it isn&#8217;t good for babies. Having said that, I have done a lot of research and it would appear rather similar with antipsychotics (what they want me on) and diazepam that you need to choose between coming off them completely, or using them regularly still if you&#8217;re planning on breastfeeding, to avoid withdrawal for the baby. So that poses quite a situation! Both have shown not to have any apparent lasting effects, it&#8217;s the being on them during pregnancy regularly then if you bottle feed, they&#8217;re going cold turkey and that can cause problems. I do wish medical professionals would be a little more transparent, though. I find they seem to hype up whichever medication seems best at that time, before they find another later on which seems the best, then the previous one is Satan. It&#8217;s far too confusing.
Anyway, if you want to talk at any time I&#8217;m only a PM away

happy - I don't have any experience with anxiety meds but I deal with anxiety about certain situations and it's always tough. Whatever you decide I hope you get some relief. I do know that the pregnancy hormones can make anxiety/depression worse so just talk to you doctor and try to make the best decision you can with the information you have.

Lar - your bump is adorable! I also have a bump and am loving it :D

wish - I love love love feeling the baby move! Hubby was able to feel him move about 2 weeks ago but nothing since. We also don't try every night because the movements aren't on any sort of schedule so it's hard to catch sometimes.

We had our 20 week scan today and I was aiming for a surprise but changed my mind. All appears fine, we were sent for a walk for almost an hour as they didn’t want it cooperate and they couldn’t get all the measurements but eventually they did.
So ...

Attachments

• C8755C9D-59A6-48AF-B00A-F4D0AC64E89F.jpg
    C8755C9D-59A6-48AF-B00A-F4D0AC64E89F.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6
Ash, yeah the movement is still pretty sporadic for me too, but the one night the baby seemed to be having a little party in there for a good 5 minutes so that&#8217;s when DH felt a few little pops and kicks in a row!

Aw congrats on your baby boy happy! Cute baby!

Who else is on team yellow in our group? I have to admit I get a little envious every time one of you finds out what you&#8217;re having!

I wasn&#8217;t going to find out, but changed my mind in the room

Happy congrats on the beautiful baby boy!

I’m glad to hear everyone is well. I’m team yellow too. This is our second time waiting. We don’t find it difficult at all but I know it drives some friends and family mad. I’m 21 weeks and besides fatigue doing well. Baby moves a lot and about the same times each day, which is odd but nice at the same time. I’ve really nothing to share, just enjoying every minute of summer gardening, hiking, and at the beach when I can make it.

Ash, yeah the movement is still pretty sporadic for me too, but the one night the baby seemed to be having a little party in there for a good 5 minutes so that’s when DH felt a few little pops and kicks in a row!

Aw congrats on your baby boy happy! Cute baby!

Who else is on team yellow in our group? I have to admit I get a little envious every time one of you finds out what you’re having!

Me! :hi: We have one of each and all of the clothes for both, so we're just going to wait until birth. I'm not even a little sad about it or anxious to know, but it's because I'm already ready for either outcome.

So today we found out we are expecting a little girlie!! Beyond excited, and immediately went shopping!! ...I've attached the last 2 bumpies, but I feel like the picture doesn't do it justice! I've actually grown quite a bit in the last week!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180704_194057.jpg
    IMG_20180704_194057.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20180627_225250.jpg
    IMG_20180627_225250.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm team yellow, 22 weeks tomorrow. We've been team yellow 3/4 pregnancies and I prefer it. Praying for a blue surprise though considering all of the other 3 have come out pink. :haha:

Cute bump Zoboe! Congrats on your baby girl!

Happy 22 weeks kitty! I hope your blue wish comes true!

I&#8217;m 23 weeks tomorrow! I feel like the tiredness I didn&#8217;t have in the first tri has found me in the 2nd! We&#8217;re in the middle of a heat wave and even though I&#8217;m in AC most of the time, the short times I&#8217;m outside the heat is sapping my energy. I went to bed at 8:30 last night! I think maybe I&#8217;m also feeling the effects of the 16 lbs I&#8217;ve gained so far...and I&#8217;m sure I&#8217;ll gain at least another 16 before the end the way things are going!

Zoboe, congrats on the girl! And you look great!

Kitty, I hope you get your blue surprise. I keep going back and forth. While it would be fun to have a boy I feel that I wouldn’t know what to do with him haha. Then I also think it would be fun to have another gir. Either way I’m just waiting patiently to see who I’m carrying.

Wishn, I’m tired all the time! I thought I was the only one. I don’t remember being this tired first trimester. And it’s been in the 100s this week. I’m so ready for it to cool down a bit.

I’m 22 weeks and people have been asking me if I’ve put on weight. I’ve barely gained weight but I believe I look noticeably pregnant...clearly I’m wrong and I just look like I’ve been stuffing my face haha

LAR, cupcake, I just dropped by to check in on you two and imagine my joy to see you both :happydance: posting in this thread!! congratulations :hugs: I am so happy for each of you!

Thanks Wrap! How have u been? I tried following ur blogs but I haven't been seeing any posts come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->