November Autumn Babies

Congrats randapanda :)

Are you guys getting these betas all from the US? I havent had anything like that here in the UK. I have to sit and wait for the midwife to call for my booking appointment then be scheduled a scan for around 12 weeks! Getting impatient :haha:

I'm in the UK and same as you, it's booking in with midwife around 7ish weeks then waiting for 12 week scan but I'm asking for an early scan for reassurance. I have had betas before but had to push for them as they don't usually do them unless there's cause for concern.
It is a long wait!

Ended up getting a call from my OB today and she wanted to see me since she heard I was spotting. She did an ultrasound and I’m measuring 1 week less than I should which she does not like. They did labs today to check my hcg and progesterone and I have to have my hcg checked again Sunday. She thinks I may be starting to miscarry this baby unfortunately. I should be 5 weeks 5 days and I show only 4 weeks 5 days she said. I’ve never been in this position and I feel so lost right now. Sucks being in this waiting game to see what exactly is going on

I'm so sorry, I hope this doesn't result in a mc. If it's any help in all my early scans with all three of my children the dates always changed. With my mc I had a scan at 7 weeks but was measuring 5 weeks, so a whole two weeks behind, they also said the hb was really slow.
Early scans are really inaccurate though, most of the time. Like I said, I always found my dates changed. They're so tiny that it's easy to make a mistake at this point. Keeping everything crossed for you :hugs:

W8ting I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out okay. Do you think you’re 5+5 based on your last menstrual period or when you ovulated? Going by LMP will be most accurate if you ovulated around day 14. Is it possible you ovulated later? That could explain measuring small. Keep us posted on your blood results. Big hugs.

Mrsmummy - I’m in Canada, and I was able to get my beta tested (only once) because I’m being followed by my fertility clinic. If I wasn’t I would have to wait until 7-8 weeks to see a midwife or 11 weeks to see a doctor for my first prenatal visit.

Joining! As of right now I am due November 18. Had my first beta yesterday and HCG was 113 and progesterone was 41 (taking 200 mg suppositories every day). I am freaking out until my next draw on Tuesday!!

Welcome RandaPanda and LadyBrum.

I'm in the UK too. I had betas last time but only because I was still receiving follow up hormone checks following my molar pregnancy. I'm eligible for an early scans around 7 week to check viability because of the molar too. Because I went into labour so prematurely last time (he'd have been born by c-section on 26th March) I will have a customised care plan coordinated by my bereavement midwife this time. I finally plucked up the courage to ring on Wednesday after having a couple of days sticking my head in the sand. Although it turns out she's on leave, so I'm waiting for her to call back and i'll find out more then. I've also filled in the form with my GP surgery to notify the community midwife, I should hear from her on Tuesday.

LadyBrum those levels are fabulous! Progesterone should be at least 20 in the first tri so your level is really good. Your hCG levels is also really good :)

Loves_cookies, I'm so sorry for everything you have been through :hugs: I hope this time everything goes as smoothly as possible

Congrats randapanda :)

Are you guys getting these betas all from the US? I havent had anything like that here in the UK. I have to sit and wait for the midwife to call for my booking appointment then be scheduled a scan for around 12 weeks! Getting impatient :haha:

I'm in Canada :) I never had betas done for my other pregnancies, but my doctors feel that my HCG is a bit on the low side, so they keep checking me every week. My first midwife appointment isn't until March 29th, and it's driving me crazy. Knowing my betas hasn't given me any reassurance, unfortunately :nope:

Ended up getting a call from my OB today and she wanted to see me since she heard I was spotting. She did an ultrasound and I’m measuring 1 week less than I should which she does not like. They did labs today to check my hcg and progesterone and I have to have my hcg checked again Sunday. She thinks I may be starting to miscarry this baby unfortunately. I should be 5 weeks 5 days and I show only 4 weeks 5 days she said. I’ve never been in this position and I feel so lost right now. Sucks being in this waiting game to see what exactly is going on

I'll be thinking of you. My doctor was not hopeful for my pregnancy, and it's my first time being in this situation too - it's awful, and the waiting is so hard. Maybe you ovulated a little late? Or maybe the early scan is a bit inaccurate? :flower:

Wish- they said I was 5 weeks 5 days based off last period

So my level is 426 right now I guess, now we see what Sunday brings but I guess it should be higher

w8 - how far along are you? NEVERMIND sorry pregnancy brain. You just sadi in the above post.

w8 - according to everything I'm seeing that is a normal level for 5 weeks.

https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

Yeah I’ve been online looking myself now, I’m trying to stay positive here but when your OB says things don’t look good it’s hard, I’m worried tomorrow’s numbers will be lower

Welcome and congrats Randa and Lady!!!

W8ting, I’m sorry. I hope it’s just too early to determine a true size. I too have been spotting and having mild cramping so I went in for progesterone and another beta testing. Know that you’re not alone. We can be in this waiting game together.

Happycupcake - so different to my other pregnancies! Im 6w3d now... havent heard anything from the midwide :shrug: i called on monday to put my name on her list.

Welcome and congrats Randa and Lady!!!

W8ting, I’m sorry. I hope it’s just too early to determine a true size. I too have been spotting and having mild cramping so I went in for progesterone and another beta testing. Know that you’re not alone. We can be in this waiting game together.

That’s why I love this group, others being in the same boat or have been there, makes it supportive and helpful, you guys have been amazing through this. Monday I should have an answer

W8 - I’m hoping for the best for you! I know the process can be tough but hang in there.

Happycupcake - so different to my other pregnancies! Im 6w3d now... havent heard anything from the midwide :shrug: i called on monday to put my name on her list.

When does a midwife see you for your first appointment? You’re over 6 weeks now, you would think they’d have you booked by now.

No idea. I called my gp and the receptionist said she'd put me on the midwifes list and that she only comes in on a wednesday and she would call me to arrange to come to my house and do my booking forms etc. I'm starting to get anxious!

That’s why I love this group, others being in the same boat or have been there, makes it supportive and helpful, you guys have been amazing through this. Monday I should have an answer

I agree. It’s nice to ‘talk’ to others who share similar experiences. I should have answers Monday too. I’m crampy today, mild but noticeable, but no spotting since I woke up this morning. I really don’t think I can handle a third loss, so I’m trying to stay positive and take it easy.

Mrsmummy, that’s so interesting. I hope she calls to arrange your appointment soon. Was it that way with your other pregnancies?

Mrsmummy, that’s so interesting. I hope she calls to arrange your appointment soon. Was it that way with your other pregnancies?

Nope! I has to go to the drs, fill in all my forms and from what i remember they booked my scan there and then (i may be wrong.. they may have called/sent a letter, but i knew by this point I'm sure!)
My midwife with DS was dreadful.... so i reeeeeally hope this one will be better.

Mrsmummy, I’m sorry. I really hope your new one won’t be dreadful. Why is it so hard to find a good midwife or doctor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->