NOVEMBER Testers! A Thread for being Thankful, Support, and POAS! (64 Testers;4 BFPs)

Question for this who do BBT. I'm having trouble with mine. I know it says you have to do it when you've been asleep at least 3 hours and at the same time every night (give or take a half hour). My problem is that I'm a very restless sleeper. I never consistently sleep 3 hours at a time. The first morning I took my temp (cd2) at 7am I got 97.45. The second night (cd3) it spiked up to 98.21. The third day (today/cd4) I didn't even bother because my son woke me up an hour too early. I've been doing it orally at 7:00am. How do you ladies keep up? I'm on day 3 and already feel like a failed.

well, seeing as you are only at CD2, 3 and 4, you are totally fine!

also, i am a horrible sleeper too, so there were a lot of nights i didn't get 3 solid hours of sleep. but my theory is you want to eliminate as many variables as you can. so if sleep is going to be hit or miss, then try to make the time the same, that way at least one thing is constant. so, if you always temp at 7am, but get up to go to the bathroom at 5am, i would go back to sleep and then temp at 7am. in FF, just check the "sleep deprived" box and FF will know you may not have gotten a solid 3 hours and will take that into account. if you get up with your son and are up for the day, i guess i would just temp early and not read too much into a high or low temp on that day.

my charts were major rocky mountains, with lots of open circles. people always used to tell me to take it at the same time, and it was so frustrating because i DID!:dohh: but you get open circles if the time is more the 30 minutes from your normal time, or if you check "sleep deprived" and that was my chart. but, even with ups and downs all cycle long, FF can usually detect a temp shift and confirm O.

the first month i temped, i would over analyze EACH temp and wonder what it meant. honestly they don't mean ANYTHING.:wacko: they mean something only when they are all together, but try not to read too much into just one temp. look for the overall pattern. sometimes you can't tell what's happening until the end of your cycle. by the 3rd month i was temping, it got really easy to read and understand where i was in my cycle and predict when i would ovulate. so, i would say temping isn't necessarily the fastest way to "get" pregnant, but it's the only way to confirm you are ovulating and, especially after a couple months, it really helps to know when to start OPKs and then calculate how many DPO you are and when AF is actually late because you'll know how long your luteal phase is.

everyone has their own pattern though, so don't worry *too* much about comparing to other people (it's still fun and i totally did it, but just because i love graphs:haha:) because their pattern and temps may be totally different, so compare more to your own previous months and see what's the same or different. (ex. my temps were all over the place post-O but it ALWAYS dropped drastically the day before i got my period, so 3-9DPO temps didn't matter. i don't believe in "implantation dips" as such, either. i was only concerned with what my temp did on 10, 11 and 12DPO, because that was a day before AF could arrive.)

while obviously too late for anyone on this site:dohh:, my advice to anyone who thinks they might want to start trying to have kids is to start temping about 3 or 4 months BEFORE they even think they want to start. i feel like the first 3 months is just gathering data.:roll:

i got pregnant in cycle 5, for what it's worth.:shrug: and sorry for the novel!! good luck and hang in there! temping nearly drove me crazy, but in the end it was totally worth it!!:winkwink:

Any update Canadabear? Did :witch: come? :af:

Yay :yipee: Maybbaby, beautiful tests. H&H 9 mos to you!

Man, this thread is bumpin, I cant keep track of everyone! So :hugs: to those who got AF and :dust: for December. And congrats to any :bfp: I missed!

I get to go in for my labs tomorrow. One of the tests is HCG, but I'll only be 6dpo so I'm sure it will be too early. They're testing my Thyroid, progesterone, prolactin and glucose otherwise. Nothing like fasting on a Saturday night, but the tests have to be done on CD21.

Thanks May! That's the stuff that keeps me going! Love seeing those lines!!!

Jumpingo, thanks for all the info! I can't stress how helpful it is! If I may ask, do you take your temp orally too? I thought about taking it vaginally next month but I wasn't sure what most women did. I was thinking that might give me less variables because with orally I've read that you can't talk prior to taking it, you can't sleep with your mouth open, yawn, etc. I would think vaginally wouldn't be so touchy and anything that would alter it would take longer to do so. Maybe I'm over analyzing here.

Good luck on your tests Lanfear!

Macy- nothing to report .. Still on the waiting game for AF or not :coffee: going to give it another day or two. FF said AF tomorrow though I would have said today.... Just hate to waste tests...and get bfn of course.. :dust: ..starting to feel a bit :wacko: :haha:

Jumpingo, thanks for all the info! I can't stress how helpful it is! If I may ask, do you take your temp orally too? I thought about taking it vaginally next month but I wasn't sure what most women did. I was thinking that might give me less variables because with orally I've read that you can't talk prior to taking it, you can't sleep with your mouth open, yawn, etc. I would think vaginally wouldn't be so touchy and anything that would alter it would take longer to do so. Maybe I'm over analyzing here.

i temped orally and it was recommended to me to temp vaginally, but we still used that thermometer when my husband got sick and wanted to check his temperature, so that wasn't really practical at the time!:haha: :sick: but people *do* say it helps with really up and down charts, so if you want to, it definitely can't hurt!:thumbup:

Well ladies - I'm definitely out before the TWW officially begins.

No BD for a week (DH is quite ill :( )and I got my solid smiley yesterday. Thought I'd have a temp rise this morning, but it was elusive.

At least I can drink at my work's Christmas do next weekend without stressing.

Good luck to everyone else.

Aww bluefish, I'm so sorry! We didn't BD much last cycle because my husband "wasn't in the mood". It's partially my fault though because I hate telling him that I'm O'ing because it makes our BD feel so mechanical and routine. We tried for almost a year for my son and it got do stale. Anyway, I always try to leave hints that I am and last month I even " forgot " my +OPK test on his sink in our bathroom. He didn't get the hint.

Jumpingo, that makes sense. Thanks.

:hugs: bluefish..how frustrating! :dust:

AFM: no AF this morning.. But some more cramping.. Lots of nausea this morning too :shrug: just going to wait this out for a few days as I really feel that AF is coming. If so it would be the first time in 8 months being late! :dust:

DH was good because he knew I was ovulating so he 'tried' a couple of times. But it just wasn't happening.

I was gutted but feel better now. We have our first fertility appointment in 1st December so go that to look forward to.

I am out:( af came last night. good luck to the rest of you!

Catching back up on the thread, haven't been on since I think Friday.

No symptoms whatsoever here, am planning to test tomorrow, Tues and Wed, which is when I think AF will show. I think I may have OV'd a day late (maybe...) so that may delay the :witch:.

Hey Queen! I'll test with you tomorrow! :dust: AF is 2 days late today.. But wanted to wait until I got to 14dpo before testing! So nervous :wacko:

Hey Queen! I'll test with you tomorrow! :dust: AF is 2 days late today.. But wanted to wait until I got to 14dpo before testing! So nervous :wacko:

Oh my goodness! Have you ever been this late? I've got butterflies for you! I really hope this is it, you better keep us posted! COME ON :bfp: ! :dust: Also, I admire your willpower! I'm just hoping to hold out until the day or two before AF is due.

Jean~ I'm so sorry :witch: got you. :hugs: Here's to hoping for a holiday :bfp: !

Bluefish~ So sorry to hear you're out before you even got a chance :nope: That is real rotten luck but at least you have your appt to distract you. And DH can take time for some r&r so that by the time O rolls around again his swimmers should be all rested up and ready to go! :thumbup:

Good luck Queen! Don't forget to update us tomorrow after your test. And dont stress too much over the results (I know I always do) since even if O varied by a day or two it could influence the results! :dust:

Is it ok to join in! I am pretty sure I O'ed this weekend, so will be testing and hoping for my BFP on November 28! :)

Macy.. Thanks for the well wishes.. And no I haven't been late even one day since I started TTC and tracking .. I have an exactly 11 day LT phase regardless of O date... Seriously freaking out. And worried 14dpo might still be a bit early to test. It took quite a while to get a strong bfp with DS. But I have a frer so hopefully that will do it! Eeek! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->