Ntnp club !

Hi all I'm 29th DH is 37 we have been NTNP for 3 months. DH does shift work so I'm now tracking O as it's likely we could go for months without BDing during my fertile period.

Hi all I'm 29th DH is 37 we have been NTNP for 3 months. DH does shift work so I'm now tracking O as it's likely we could go for months without BDing during my fertile period.
welcome :flower:
I'm also just starting to track, 1st cycle after being on bcp for a while so just getting used to symptoms again. i'm not temping or charting, just tracking symptoms and cm. The very best of luck to you, ttc while OH is away a lot for work must be tricky, you must need to be very organized!! Xxx

Thanks I haven't paid any attention until this month we'll see how I do! I'm on holiday this week during my most fertile time and DH gets home early enough to BD so I'm ok this month. I have to say it's starting to feel a little more like TTC already I need to stop at checking my O date I can feel the obsession starting already. I haven't told DH I'm doing that and I won't tell him that I know when my best days are. I'm supposed to be the more relaxed one about all this he is the one who says every month "you could be pregnant right now! You don't know until you have proof otherwise"

It'll be good to see how we both do this month I'm so new to all this its like another world!

Good luck to you too!

Hehehe it's so easy to get carried away with out all isn't it? Before I'd even got my first AF after coming off bcp I was beginning to get a bit obsessed. It's just too exciting and all that waiting in the meantime just makes me carried away lol It happened to OH too in the first month, he came home one day and had bought pregnancy tests& OPK a blessed him!

Nicole, hope everything goes ok at doctors today, let us know how you get on xxx

That's so sweet I think it's great when the men are as excited as us. DH loves 'I didn't know I was pregnant' so as far as he's concerned no symptoms doesn't mean no baby!

How can you tell when your O'ing except by doing the test? I always heard you'd have a cramp and that's about it. I spotted for 5 days starting the 17th when I was supposed to start my AF. Then AF showed up completely. Now I keep having sharp pains here and there throughout the day. Tonight I just started having heartburn and I never get it! Only time I ever had it was twice when I was pregnant with my son. I thought the sharp pain might be me O'ing but my OH doesn't think it would be right. He thinks it would be too early because I just got off AF on the 29th. But if it was on my normal cycle it would be around this time. I'm so confused and the tests show negative. Any clues or thoughts?

During O time you will see an increase in cervical mucus and your cervix will be high/soft if you check it. Some women experience light cramping on one side during O time and some will experience mid-cycle spotting. A lot of women will temp to determine O time as well. If you track your symptoms each month then you will learn your body and get a good indication of when you are ovulating. One does not absolutly need an ovulation test to determine when she is ovulating. www.fertilityfriend.com is a good resource for tracking your symptoms and periods.

Teach2, shift work can be hard to get BD in, you just have to get creative. I do shift work also, my DH and I have been known to wake the other up for some :sex: , especially when I am working a midnight shift. :haha:

Well, another weekend went by when DH didn't want to BD so I am probably out for this month. I am not sure what is going on with him but it's been 6 freaking weeks since we have had sex. I am starting to go through withdrawals, self pleasure only goes so far. I know for him it's mostly due to his weight and not being happy with the way he looks but I am starting to feel as though he is unattracted to me. I am pretty sure this isn't the case but I can't help but feel that way. Sorry for the moan ladies, just feeling a bit hurt right now. :(

Sorry to hear that, have you told him how you feel? It probably hasn't occurred to him that it's making you feel that way.

DH is always telling me to wake him up but i have issues initiating I really need to sort it out because only I know the best time to BD!
:dohh:

I have told him in the past when he shoots me down. Ever since my youngest was born we have been so sporadic on having sex. Once a month is not unusual for us and I want to get back to more often but our work schedules don't jive right now. Friday and Satuday nights are the only time we are both home and awake at the same time that the kids are asleep. I know I need to tell him again and I know what he will say, it's because of how he see's his own attractiveness that he doesn't want it.

As far as you wanting to initiate, just kissing can lead to it so I would start with that. As far as waking him up for it, just start kissing on his neck and working your way down his chest. He should be up (in both aspects) by the time you reach his waist. ;)

Maybe you could talk about doing things that would improve his self esteem. If weight is an issue could you nicely encourage him to exercise or do something together? (easier said than done I know)

DH and I have been long perods without too because of work and AF who always seems to come during his days off! He doesn't initiate as much as exs have but then he wants me to initiate sometimes too so I'm at fault too. I'll give it a go tonight eeek!:eek:

He just started a diet last week and has already dropped 12 pounds so hopefully he will stick to it and see good improvements. I have tried encouraging him in the past and he gets huffy with me. Men, they have to want to do and it has to be thier idea. :haha:

Good luck tonight, I have my fingers crossed for you. :dust:

During O time you will see an increase in cervical mucus and your cervix will be high/soft if you check it. Some women experience light cramping on one side during O time and some will experience mid-cycle spotting. A lot of women will temp to determine O time as well. If you track your symptoms each month then you will learn your body and get a good indication of when you are ovulating. One does not absolutly need an ovulation test to determine when she is ovulating. www.fertilityfriend.com is a good resource for tracking your symptoms and periods.

Teach2, shift work can be hard to get BD in, you just have to get creative. I do shift work also, my DH and I have been known to wake the other up for some :sex: , especially when I am working a midnight shift. :haha:

Well, another weekend went by when DH didn't want to BD so I am probably out for this month. I am not sure what is going on with him but it's been 6 freaking weeks since we have had sex. I am starting to go through withdrawals, self pleasure only goes so far. I know for him it's mostly due to his weight and not being happy with the way he looks but I am starting to feel as though he is unattracted to me. I am pretty sure this isn't the case but I can't help but feel that way. Sorry for the moan ladies, just feeling a bit hurt right now. :(

Thanks for the info!!!! I had OH pick up some prenatal vitamins so I can start making sure my body is healthy enough when I finally do get that BFP. I don't really want to chart and what not because I will become obsessed and it will go from not trying not preventing to full on trying! LOL!

So sorry to hear about you and DH. Have you spoke with him about how you feel? I know that my OH and I work 2 dif shifts as well and when he gets home it's almost 11 when I have to be up at 6 to go to work. I was talking with him one day about how I feel he doesn't find me attractive and he said quite the opposite. I felt I always had to be the one who would initiate BD, so he said sorry and that he would try to be better but he knows I'm tired and doesn't want to disrupt my sleep...disrupt away! :) So maybe you can sit down and discuss how you feel and how he feels. If he feels he doesn't like how he looks, let him know how you feel about him. It'll boost his esteem!!

Hi ladies!

Sorry I've been missing for a bit. I've been stuck in limbo for a few weeks and now I finally got my period. I would be upset normally but I'm actually relieved to finally get my period since I finally know what's going on now.

And welcome to the new ladies! :wave:

He just started a diet last week and has already dropped 12 pounds so hopefully he will stick to it and see good improvements. I have tried encouraging him in the past and he gets huffy with me. Men, they have to want to do and it has to be thier idea. :haha:

Good luck tonight, I have my fingers crossed for you. :dust:

I know what you mean about men my dad always said the secret to my grandparents marriage was that my nan was in charge whilst making Grandadfeel like he was!
:haha:

Well I did it! :happydance: it was fine and he clearly loved feeling irresistible LOL. I don't know what my problem is I've never felt as comfortable with any man as I do with DH but it's still a struggle.

The diet is good at least he's doing something about how he feels. You could also try compliments, I'm rubbish at lovey dovey stuff so I try and tell DH when he looks good in something or is wearing aftershave I like.

Hiya ladies ! great to see new members welcome everyone :p im now about 9 days past ovulation :) i know this because i went tottally crazy buying ovulation kits (clearblue), pregnacare conception and preeseed ! i know this is ttc but wanted to do everything i could to try and catch the eggy ! i found out i O'd on day 12-13 of my cycle allot earlier than i thought . Me and oh bd every other day before positive opk then every day for three days ... Sorry for spoiling the ntnp thingy but im sure you can understand :) hope everyone else is okay, fx for some more bfp soon x

Hiya Beth, not seen you around for a while. Hey no one's gonna tell you off here for ttc! NTNP/TTC is all the same to me just not as much effort goes into it lol. At the end of the day you want that lil baby and we all want that for you xxx you in the 2ww then? I think I am too. I only used my period tracker app and BD every other day this cycle. Will be testing Fri 22/6 if I can hold out that long. If I don't get it this time I'll be cracking open the OPKs next month xxx

I don't know when I am supposed to O because of my last cycle. Not sure if my body was trying to take it then reject it with 5 days very light spotting then real heavy bleeding for 7 days. So we've been having fun BD ever other day enjoying each other. Hoping for that BFP!!! Good luck Beth and Joo!! fx for you!!

Thank you hun! I have never had spotting before, I'm either on or I'm not so I'm not sure what it could mean. I hope it all settles itself for you soon though, things get so much more frustrating when you don't know where you are! I have heard sometimes when you stop 'trying' and just have fun you can catch it easily, so I've got my fx for you too xxxx

Yeah tww for me now ! abit longer tho since i have 30 day cycles im going to try and hold out till the 18th so i dont waste money lol ... opks are amazing especially the clear blue ones i got 30 of the cheapy ones to and when i got two lines i used the clearblue so i didnt waste any deffo recomend them and thanks joo :) fx for you and everyone else too !

I'm excited because I just bought my first IC's. LOL! it's the little things that make me happy. HAHA! Hopefully I can get a good result with them soon as I used up all my First Response because I couldn't stop POAS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->