O/T but I really dunno what to do!

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
Well i made a post last week about my mother.. https://www.babyandbump.com/home-li...e-f-king-nough-long-probably-boring-rant.html .. You dont need to read it, its a real rant, anyway..

My mum had been out drinking so when she txt at 2am i though id better ignore it. She sounded ok so i replied, everything was fine for about 10 txts then she aske if she could have my son for a week from 2nd dec. id say no anyway because she had him when i went to miami to get married and he was like a different child when he got back, obviously didnt hear the word no very often thats for sure.anyway i said nope not long got him back be a while before i let him go again, and she jus did a 180! Sayin stuff like wtf have i ever done to u, we not good enough now then etc etc. i was like wtf!! Anyway after lots more abuse, which i ignored she said id ripped her heart out. WTF shes actin no older than Kyle! Throwing her toys out the pram cos i wont let her have my son! Then i get up today and shes got her status on fb as "all us motheers get kicked in the teeth eh". Shes depressin the shit outta me, i dunno if am over reactin but way i see it shes kickin off cos she cant get her own way!! :(

Oops. Pressed enter too often.. I dunno what to do cos despite this I love my mum!

I'd be putting up "Isn't it a shame when your parent acts the same age as your son, still wondering why your not having him now?!"

This might sound inappropriate/too personal, but has your mother gone through menopause yet? Your original post sounds similar to my mom when she was going through it.

Anyway, this is exactly the way my OH's stepmother acts, except that's all the time and with everything I say "no" to. It's scary - there's no way to react to it except hoping it will blow over, and with her it never does. Hopefully your mom will get over it. Do you live close to her? Maybe you guys should start up a weekly dinner or something so she gets to spend time with your son and you can be there to supervise. It might help her to just feel more included.

Nah my mum has been like this for years. Nah we live 200 miles away, i left home at 18 to get away from her drunken emotional and physical abuse.. I would of ended up killing her otherwise. We been ok for the last 4 years, it got better when i moved away but now its satrtin to all come back and im starting to hate her all over again

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but I would have just said that I wasn't leaving my son with anyone who drank while taking care of him. End of.

I've had experience with alcoholism (not me, I might add!!) and while the person can care very much for the child, the bottom line is that it does impair their ability to care for themselves, let alone an infant.

It might be the shock she needs to make her reassess things.....

I hope this works out for you. xxx

Errr he is your child and what you say goes. She needs to grow up and stop heaping stress on you especially at the moment.

She sounds like a nightmare and you have every right to say no to her.

Easier said than done but be strong and stand your ground and dont let her walk all over you. xx

I just found out today that my parents WERE SMOKING IN THE SAME ROOM AS MY SON!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely FUMING!! - I was a smoker before I got pg again but I have NEVER and would NEVER smoke anywhere NEAR him!! AND they KNOW how I feel about this, and they still do it ? well, that's it then, they will look after my son again over my DEAD BODY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->