O/T - regifting- tacky?

SnowGal

Reaction score
I was given $150 gift card for a spa at Christmas time. I do not enjoy any spa services, and will not be using the certificate.

Is it tacky to re-gift it to my mother in law for mothers day? normally we would only get her a 20$ gift, and she loves the spa....

Would she know? Even if she did, would she care? She'd be getting use out of something you don't want and she loves. I wouldn't care, I think you should maybe re-gift it to me :D

^^^ same here, haha!

personally, I wouldn't be offended if I were her :shrug:

I think its a bit tacky to regift thing like ugly clothing or useless trinkets that the other person wont use any more than you did, but a $150 spa certificate sounds like a great regift. If it bothers you, you could always give her the spa certificate and something extra that you did buy specifically for her.

I regift stuff all the time. What they dont know wont hurt em ;)

I think it depends on the gift. If it's something you didn't like/wouldn't use, and you don't know that the next person would like it/use it, I don't think it's a good idea to regift it. If you know the next person would like it and use it, then I think it's perfectly fine :flower:

Could you have it broken up into more than one gift card? Like, buy 3 50 dollar cards with yours?

I wish you were my daughter-in-law lol. Sounds a fab idea and you know she will love it so cannot see a problem. I would probably say i was going to get your x but then i had a wonderful idea and explain you have this spa voucher you know you won't use and know she would love.

Would she expect the same amount next year would be my only qualm if you don't tell her.

I saw my ex's granmda get some perfume one year the next year i got given it from her sans plastic wrapper. I knew what she had done and i didn't like it to i ebayed it and got over a tenner for it lol. my ex told me i was imagining it men huh!.

depends on the person i think. my mum couldn't care less where a present comes from, and would totally love something like that. but MIL is different and would find it weird. if you think your mum would like it then do it. what a lovely gift.

:rofl: if I knew that she wouldn't know then I would

i re-gift, usually if my daughters have parties and are given double birthday presents or something they already have or soemthing they do not like, i re-gift them. If its something thats not going to be used and is brand new i dont see the problem with it. x

I don't see a problem if the other person will really like it and it hasnt been opened/used. xxx

Aslong as what your regifting is new then I think it's a great idea! Wouldn't ever regift used clothing or household items.

I dont see a problem with it but would she then expect a present of the same value next year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->