*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

32 weeks today and my mom is being discharged. What a great day. :happydance:

Anyone know a good way to prevent Charlie horses? Stretching?

We are getting close ladies..... Eeck!

Calcium/magnesium supplements... They have been a godsend for my
cramping muscles just don't take them at the same time as your other vitamins.

I know I got lucky with the photo shoots. I did when my daughter was born too. I won a family photo shoot and I had entered another contest to win a photo shoot and didn't win but the person who was organizing the contest said our story was touching and bought us a newborn shoot.

I'm hoping this weekend to pick up the stuff I need to pack my hospital bag and I can get it done this weekend. We are also going to a huge mom to mom sale that I won tickets to (I win contests quite often, but I also enter quite a few). I am hoping to find a change pad and a swing at the sale.

Sounds like we are all into the really uncomfortable stuff now. I'm definitely wanting to fast forward a bit and get to the end. Once I'm done working I think I'll be doing better though.

My biggest issue currently include:

- I keep getting awful dry mouth in the early morning hours when I wake up. So nasty and annoying.

- my lower abdomen is getting some major stretch marks and feels like it's bruised all over. I think baby girl is running out of room to grow and she can't go up because baby boy is in the way so she's just going straight out. Hurts a lot. Thankfully their movements don't hurt. Still love every kick and squirm! Maybe their lack of room to move is a good thing in that respect.

- seriously swollen feet and ankles

- getting up and down, out of bed etc is soooooo hard and hurts! Ugh

Good stuff though is I'm still surviving even working. Also I haven't heard anything about my 2 hr diabetes test so I'm hoping no news is good news :)

Love all the bump pics ladies! Here's my 29 week photo. 30 weeks this Thursday! Can't believe it!

image.jpg

Last night when I couldn't sleep I starting ordering things from Amazon for my hospital bag. I found some helpful links on Pinterest. I also plan on starting to stock up on household items so I don't have to worry about them when baby gets here…paper towels, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper etc.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479212/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479205/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479122/

Cute stuff GeralynB! The pic of the nursing table looked great but I plan on adding a few items that I used alot when I had my son. A small note pad so I could keep track of nursing, baby nail clippers, it was the perfect time to cut his nails because he was still and content, a nose sucker to get those boogies, and a bag of jelly beans! I would eat 1 jelly bean at a time to keep myself awake for middle of the night feedings!

Why not take them at the same time? Is it bad for you? I do it all the time and now I'm worried!

Love the bump pics!

I just had to order a new car seat :( Found out the one we had from our son expired 2 years ago! Did anyone know they have expiration dates?

Kel- yes, car seats expire every 4 years. Usually they have the expiration date on a sticker affixed to the back or bottom of the seat. If for some reason it doesn't you can look it up online. Also if you ever get into an accident, even if no one is sitting in the seat, you should purchase a new seat. All seats are made of plastic and they wear and tear from the expanding and shrinking due to weather changes. And yes, I am a nerd for knowing this. LOL

rbourre - Heck yeah that is awesome! I know a photographer who is doing mini sessions in september for $150, includes 20 minutes of time and you get a good amount of pictures to download, but that's still pricey! A regular session is like $300 :-\

So this is my latest bump pic.. Feeling absolutely massive now for 34 weeks!

Second pic is currently my stretchmark situation. :nope: The ones above my bellybutton are from keeping my belly ring in for too long. I don't actually mind those too much. :haha: It's the ones developing under that are making me sad! Is anyone else getting stretchmarks this early?

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 9
  • stretchies.jpg
    stretchies.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
So I had my regular OB appointment today, I had a growth ultrasound last week and she reviewed the results today. She said the baby is in the 15th percentile... and at my previous growth scan (which was at 18 and 22 weeks) he was in the 25th percentile, so his growth seems to be slowing. She said based on the ultrasound my placenta looks totally normal though so she's not really concerned and he may just be a small baby. He was estimated to be 3lbs 8oz, that was at 31 weeks 3 days. But I noticed his other measurements were coming up a week behind. But when she measured my belly I believe she said that it's is on track for where it should be.

I did have pre-eclampsia with my daughter and no signs of it this time yet, but she mentioned that it's possible that my placenta just isn't as good later in the pregnancy? She said I'll have another growth scan around 36 weeks and we'll recheck his growth but that she's not worried right now.

It's a little hard not to worry though... But I was reading someone that said that anything below the 10 percentile is where they start to be a little more concerned about the baby actually being labeled as SGA so maybe I'm just being a worry wart.

I also got my whopping cough vaccine today. It stung a bit but it doesn't hurt anymore.

It's official. I went from all bump to starting to get fat this week. My arms and legs feel and look fatter to me and I do not like it! Also, someone asked me if I was ready to pop yet. A complete stranger. This passed weekend people were just saying I looked great for 7 months. Now I'm ready to pop. Ugh. I have my 32 1/2 week appointment tomorrow, lets see how much I've gained since 30 weeks. Not looking forward to the scale!!!! I've been gaining very reasonably, but I feel like LO had a major growth spurt and my body compensated by putting on fat at the same time.

Sorry for the vent session, lol.

Last night when I couldn't sleep I starting ordering things from Amazon for my hospital bag. I found some helpful links on Pinterest. I also plan on starting to stock up on household items so I don't have to worry about them when baby gets here…paper towels, toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper etc.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479212/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479205/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/208713763956479122/

Cute stuff GeralynB! The pic of the nursing table looked great but I plan on adding a few items that I used alot when I had my son. A small note pad so I could keep track of nursing, baby nail clippers, it was the perfect time to cut his nails because he was still and content, a nose sucker to get those boogies, and a bag of jelly beans! I would eat 1 jelly bean at a time to keep myself awake for middle of the night feedings!

Why not take them at the same time? Is it bad for you? I do it all the time and now I'm worried!

Love the bump pics!

I just had to order a new car seat :( Found out the one we had from our son expired 2 years ago! Did anyone know they have expiration dates?

Something about it causing your prenatals not to absorb or vice versa... I don't remember, lol

It's official. I went from all bump to starting to get fat this week. My arms and legs feel and look fatter to me and I do not like it! Also, someone asked me if I was ready to pop yet. A complete stranger. This passed weekend people were just saying I looked great for 7 months. Now I'm ready to pop. Ugh. I have my 32 1/2 week appointment tomorrow, lets see how much I've gained since 30 weeks. Not looking forward to the scale!!!! I've been gaining very reasonably, but I feel like LO had a major growth spurt and my body compensated by putting on fat at the same time.

could any of it be swelling? I WISH someone would notice I am pregnant but still look fat with a beer belly.

Whigfield - I don't have stretch marks on my belly yet but I was really sad to see some on my boobs :(

My back pain won't go whatever I try and do, it's so frustrating as other than that I feel fine. Work is getting crazy busy for me now as well which is making me feel stressed. I only have a month to go but it's not winding down - if anything people are expecting me to cram in as much as possible before I leave. Sigh.

Love the bump pics!

could any of it be swelling? I WISH someone would notice I am pregnant but still look fat with a beer belly.

Nope, not swollen at all, just having a fat week.

So this is my latest bump pic.. Feeling absolutely massive now for 34 weeks!

Second pic is currently my stretchmark situation. :nope: The ones above my bellybutton are from keeping my belly ring in for too long. I don't actually mind those too much. :haha: It's the ones developing under that are making me sad! Is anyone else getting stretchmarks this early?

I have the same issue with the belly ring and I do have a few stretch marks the same as yours underneath.

I found that out when I was researching them recently. I guess it's just like bike helmets. If they're in an accident, or get old you can't use them anymore. The foam/shock absorbing material in them must become brittle or stale or something.

Here is my nearly 30 week bump pic! 9 weeks left till my scheduled c section and I am feeling large and in charge!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 10
Kel21 we had to do the same. Car seat we used with our other two has expired so had to get a new one for this little man.

Elsa I haven't been weighed since my booking appointment and she's weighing me at my next one :-/ although I don't think I've put on too much extra apart from bump/baby etc I'm quite nervous lol

I'm getting bored of the 'you're so small for 'x' weeks' comments now. I get then literally a few times a day. I feel huge and fundal height was exactly 32 at my 32 week appointment and all his measurements were exact to the day at our scan so he's growing perfectly. Which is a relief after having to have so many growth scans to keep an eye on dd last time. People should think before they speak, I worry enough without people adding to it.

Man I sound grumpy!! Lol

Kel21 we had to do the same. Car seat we used with our other two has expired so had to get a new one for this little man.

Elsa I haven't been weighed since my booking appointment and she's weighing me at my next one :-/ although I don't think I've put on too much extra apart from bump/baby etc I'm quite nervous lol

I'm getting bored of the 'you're so small for 'x' weeks' comments now. I get then literally a few times a day. I feel huge and fundal height was exactly 32 at my 32 week appointment and all his measurements were exact to the day at our scan so he's growing perfectly. Which is a relief after having to have so many growth scans to keep an eye on dd last time. People should think before they speak, I worry enough without people adding to it.

Man I sound grumpy!! Lol

They do things differently everywhere huh? They have done my weight at every single appointment. I've always measured exactly on as well (1 cm per week I guess it's supposed to be).

I was getting the same comments about "You're going to end up skinnier than before you were pregnant, you're going to be one of those bitches" or "You don't even look pregnant" Then I started getting the "You're all belly"... I feel like it puts a lot of body image pressure on you no matter if you're big/small/ just right. It's like, what happens if I change some weeks? Is that bad? What if some weeks I look skinny and then all of a sudden I swell, I'll feel so much more self conscious.

Even if people are being complimentary I don't know why they feel like they have to comment on other people's bodies just because they are changing. Unless I say to a friend of mine "I look/ feel like I look like/ do you think I look..." then I don't really need a body comment. Especially from strangers.

A family friend at my husband's family reunion said to me "Turn around I want to look at your butt". I was like.. lady, you're lucky you're old because I might push you down. Who would ever say that kind of stuff to a non-pregnant person. It's enough you're being inspected at a million Drs appointments.. lol, I don't need the average joe inspecting me as well.

I have three 1 inch stretch marks on one hip, Lol what is that about? DH's comment this morning was "You don't look pregnant from the back, then you turn and it's holy beach ball belly" I had to laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->