*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I got my sneak peak from my maternity/family photos we did on the weekend. I feel like I barely look pregnant in the pictures. My bump is much smaller sitting down than it is standing up. There should be a few more pictures of me or me and hubby together when I get the email with all the pictures.

Attachments

• 1425744_758625944196848_4686909933171729027_n.jpg
    1425744_758625944196848_4686909933171729027_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 10606090_758627054196737_1793830982625825816_n.jpg
    10606090_758627054196737_1793830982625825816_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 10599143_758625324196910_4933280336986617102_n.jpg
    10599143_758625324196910_4933280336986617102_n.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
Fides, I am so with you!!! I have scoliosis quite bad and so my physical mobility is really limited these days and I have that urge to start nesting and I just cannot do anything. I get so frustrated and upset sometimes that there are so many things left to do and there's not one I can do for myself.

:hugs:
Frustrating, isn't it? DH doesn't understand how much I need to get these things taken care of - I'm like - it's hormonal - it MUST get done! :haha:

I got my sneak peak from my maternity/family photos we did on the weekend. I feel like I barely look pregnant in the pictures. My bump is much smaller sitting down than it is standing up. There should be a few more pictures of me or me and hubby together when I get the email with all the pictures.

aww - those photos are cute!

welcome, smurfette!

Fides, I am so with you!!! I have scoliosis quite bad and so my physical mobility is really limited these days and I have that urge to start nesting and I just cannot do anything. I get so frustrated and upset sometimes that there are so many things left to do and there's not one I can do for myself.

:hugs:
Frustrating, isn't it? DH doesn't understand how much I need to get these things taken care of - I'm like - it's hormonal - it MUST get done! :haha:

Yes so much!!!! People just don't get it. They keep telling me to sit and relax. I just can't rest THAT much! I get sore from sitting so much during the day and night because I'm not allowed to do anything. Sigh. Oh well 5 weeks to go and it will be all over and we will have a sweet little baby here. :)

AFM for today things are going well. We decided to stay at my parents house for an additional week so we are here until September 13th now. I called and rescheduled some appointments this morning, went for a walk, made breakfast, and got a bit of baby shower prep done. Our baby shower is on Sunday. I cannot wait!!! Most of my family have not seen me while pregnant yet.

Today I have been researching the different types and brands of baby formula. What a pain. From what I gather it's a coin toss what to use. There really doesn't seem to be one that is better than another and most of the people I know use a specific brand due to price alone. I am thinking of going with the Similac Advance Omega 3 & Omega 6 Ready To Feed. Have any of you used it?

I've never posted a pic of myself before but what the heck. Here is my progression - I only started taking bump pics at 20 weeks and did them every 5 weeks, and then did one when I turned 32 weeks because I felt like I grew a ton overnight.

Attachments

• 20-32weeks.jpg
    20-32weeks.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 13
Hi ladies!

Welcome to smurfette and congratulations!

rbourre- adorable pictures!

I'm 32 weeks today! Only 8 more weeks to go! Already got boy and girl clothes washed and ready to go, got my diapers out of storage and now just trying to work on getting the house in order before baby comes, which I feel might be a little sooner than just 8 weeks! But as long as it waits until I reach "full term" or anytime after, I will be happy!! Doing my prenatal check later today... I'm starting to feel huge, lol.

-Rbourre they are lovely pictures :)
-RcdM you look fab!

Had my 34 week midwife appointment today and my fundal height is 38 weeks so I have to go back to the hospital again, I've also been getting painful cramps and my back/legs/hips are in agony :(
Baby is apparently 1/5 engaged to which I started freaking out about:haha:

My sad attempt at comparison pics. I love to see the comparison pics so I tried to do mine real quick. I think I gre the most between 30-33 weeks as well. At some point I'd like to make this nicer and put in her baby book but for now ...here it is.

I wish I would have take. The pics from the same distance and in the same sunlight each time I had to zoom in on some and out on others to try to get them on the same scale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
-RcdM you look fab!

Had my 34 week midwife appointment today and my fundal height is 38 weeks so I have to go back to the hospital again, I've also been getting painful cramps and my back/legs/hips are in agony :(

Hope all turns out ok Vicky, are they going to just do a growth scan and monitor you?

I've got to learn about all the engaged and effaced stuff because I have no clue.

Haven't been on for a while, and so much to catch up on! I just got home from a weeklong trip visiting family and friends in southern California when I went down for my baby shower. As fun as that was, I'm so happy to be home! And, so are my dogs.

The baby shower was great though, I got a lot of awesome stuff that is really useful as well. I got my stroller/car seat combo, pack n' play, diaper genie, bathtub, lots of clothes, and an ergobaby baby carrier. That was the least expected (as it wasn't on my registry) and I was looking into carriers just days before and decided on that brand. In the end I made out like a bandit!

My husband and I also found out that he is being sent back down to Southern California for work December 1 which is super awesome! We have wanted to go back for so long. With that we aren't going to get any other furniture until we move.

Everyone's bumps look fantastic! I'll upload a new picture sometime this week, if I remember to take a picture.

Rbourre I love those pictures you uploaded! I'm sure the rest will be just as beautiful!

I still haven't started nesting! I really feel like I'm at the exact opposite of that. I feel less motivated than I did a couple months ago. I can honestly say I have literally done nothing productive today! And it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As for pains, I've got them! My hips are killing me, especially my left hip. And my back is starting to hurt super badly. I have a terrible time sleeping, every time I switch positions I wake up. And then I have to pee! On the bright side I have less than 8 weeks to go (hopefully) and then I'll get my adorable baby!

Haven't been on for a while, and so much to catch up on! I just got home from a weeklong trip visiting family and friends in southern California when I went down for my baby shower. As fun as that was, I'm so happy to be home! And, so are my dogs.

The baby shower was great though, I got a lot of awesome stuff that is really useful as well. I got my stroller/car seat combo, pack n' play, diaper genie, bathtub, lots of clothes, and an ergobaby baby carrier. That was the least expected (as it wasn't on my registry) and I was looking into carriers just days before and decided on that brand. In the end I made out like a bandit!

My husband and I also found out that he is being sent back down to Southern California for work December 1 which is super awesome! We have wanted to go back for so long. With that we aren't going to get any other furniture until we move.

Everyone's bumps look fantastic! I'll upload a new picture sometime this week, if I remember to take a picture.

Rbourre I love those pictures you uploaded! I'm sure the rest will be just as beautiful!

I still haven't started nesting! I really feel like I'm at the exact opposite of that. I feel less motivated than I did a couple months ago. I can honestly say I have literally done nothing productive today! And it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

As for pains, I've got them! My hips are killing me, especially my left hip. And my back is starting to hurt super badly. I have a terrible time sleeping, every time I switch positions I wake up. And then I have to pee! On the bright side I have less than 8 weeks to go (hopefully) and then I'll get my adorable baby!

Congrats on all the new goodies and for the pending move! Its so much fun looking over all the stuff and it makes everything seem so much more real! I scored an ergo carrier a few weeks ago...people love them so I hope I will too! The thing comes with a book for a manual so I have a feeling it might be a little tricky initially to use. I have tried everything with my first (except an ergo) and nothing worked great for me.

Rbourre - LOVE the pics!!!

Love all the bumps ladies!

Swelling and stretch marks?? Oh yeah! The last couple weeks I've started getting the stretch marks and my feet and ankles are massive! Blah.

I've never posted a pic of myself before but what the heck. Here is my progression - I only started taking bump pics at 20 weeks and did them every 5 weeks, and then did one when I turned 32 weeks because I felt like I grew a ton overnight.

You look great! You're right, baby did have a growth spurt from 30 to 32. : )

I'm starting to wonder when we will have our first 'October' baby! As every other group I've been a part of has had a few earlier babies around a month before.

Can't believe we're almost in September!!! :happydance:

I have my whooping cough jab this morning, surprisingly I'm not too worried about it!

-RcdM you look fab!

Hope all turns out ok Vicky, are they going to just do a growth scan and monitor you?

I've got to learn about all the engaged and effaced stuff because I have no clue.

They're sending me for a scan to check cord flow and fluid and if that comes back normal I'll have to go for a growth scan and tests apparently, my midwife didn't explain it very well:shrug:

I don't either but she wrote 1/5 engaged in my notes and I just googled it when I got in:haha:

I have my whooping cough jab this morning, surprisingly I'm not too worried about it!

You'll be fine :flower: I got mine done asap when I was 28+5 but also had one last August in my previous pregnancy too, so I have had two in a year! :thumbup:

I'm starting to wonder when we will have our first 'October' baby! As every other group I've been a part of has had a few earlier babies around a month before.

Can't believe we're almost in September!!! :happydance:

I was wondering this too, I'm also part of the September group and there's 10 babies been born already!
I wonder who will be the first to go..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->