*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I'm starting to wonder when we will have our first 'October' baby! As every other group I've been a part of has had a few earlier babies around a month before.

Can't believe we're almost in September!!! :happydance:

I was wondering this too, I'm also part of the September group and there's 10 babies been born already!
I wonder who will be the first to go..

Vicky, I've been thinking about this a lot too!

Yo-yo, on the august groups front page they would put baby name , d.o.b. and weight as the babies were born. ... not to give you extra to do lol, but it was a cute idea (next to peoples little stork/due dates. It was cool to see who had hsd their LOs already etc.

No pressure obviously, i just thought it was cute and wanted to share the idea :).

I have an appt for a prenatal massage in a couple hours. Hopefully it helps my lower back

Welcome smurfette!

Great bump pics!

Hope everything comes back good vickyandchick!

I had my 33wk appt yesterday. He is finally head down and engaged! :happydance: I am so happy about that. I was worried I would end up with a c section. Now to survive the last weeks peeing pretty much every 15 minutes. :wacko: At my 35wk appt they will do the strep b test and because I live over an hour away from my hospital and went on the early side with my ds they are going to check me. I am excited about that, can't wait to know what is going on!

I'm starting to wonder when we will have our first 'October' baby! As every other group I've been a part of has had a few earlier babies around a month before.

I was wondering this too, I'm also part of the September group and there's 10 babies been born already!

I was wondering this too!

Rbourre - LOVE the pics!!!

Love all the bumps ladies!

Swelling and stretch marks?? Oh yeah! The last couple weeks I've started getting the stretch marks and my feet and ankles are massive! Blah.

Wear those compression socks mama, they really help I've had two times where my feet looked like sausages and I couldn't even bend my toes and I put those socks on and drank more water and now I'm fine ...until the next time of course. Make sure you get the lightest compression and not the surgical strength ones otherwise they'll be so tight you won't want to wear them. The ones I have are I think 10-15 pressure. And they're just one step above a regular knee high stocking but it compresses the whole lower leg to keep the liquid from pooling in your feet and calves. If that's the only piece of advice I could give anyone this is what it would be.....life saver I swear. My feet hurt so bad it felt like the bottom of my foot was breaking and at the moment they're good.

I was wondering this too!

Ahh this is so exciting, it felt so weird to tell someone yesterday that on Friday I'll have only 6 weeks left and it feels so incredibly weird to say that. And 6 weeks would actually be awesome for me bc we were expecting to have her early so realistically it could be only 3 weeks ...eek... Lol

I'm doing laundry as we type this. I had to go out last night and buy the special baby detergent, I went with tide free and gentle bc it was on sale. Those detergents are expensive.

I went to target last night to exchange so things that I bought/ was given in the wrong sizes. And reality is really hitting me, next project is to take all the bottles and drying racks and stuff into the kitchen. Clean them and find a spot to keep them that's not going to look messy...which should be a project all on its own because everything has a place in my kitchen and I've got a crapload of bottles and accessories ...so this should be interesting.

30 Weeks Today! :happydance:

Can't believe it! I did a little poll of my local twin group mamas and the majority had their babies between 34-37 weeks. But quite a few had them between 29-34! Yikes! That is like...now! Lol And quite a few made it all the way to 39 or 40 so really from here on out we're on high alert! Crazy!

Wonder who will be our first group baby born! So exciting!

Btw I wanted to give a shout out to JM! So excited for you and love the bump! (Think I forgot to include this in my last post but if I already said it then chalk it up I pregnant brain hahahahha)

I have an appt for a prenatal massage in a couple hours. Hopefully it helps my lower back

That sounds wonderful. I haven't had major back pain but it's been feeling sore lately and I just cannot find a comfortable sitting position anymore, which is hard because I work at a desk all day long. I wonder if a massage would help.

I do wonder who will go first of our group, but I sure hope it's not me lol. I'm scheduled to have my c-section on 10/3 and I would love to make it to that date and have everything go smoothly and as planned. But I'm also very excited and grateful because I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow, had dd at 30 weeks so each week is such an amazing milestone! :happydance:

What do you guys think? Has she dropped? I feel more uncomfortable today so I had hubby take a pic (left) right was sat.

Should I be worried? Should I make sure my bags are packed?

https://i57.tinypic.com/34g1315.jpg

Hey girls!!! I've had no internet in ages but now were back up and running i can keep up with you all more often.. Hope everyone is ok! :)

I had my pre-admission appointment, an ultrasound and an OB appointment this morning. I found out my hospital gives you one pair of mesh panties, one pad and 6 newborn diapers...that's it. When my daughter was born (different hospital), all her diapers were supplied for the whole 62 days she was in there and I got all the pads I needed, plus wipes and breast pads. I wasn't planning on having to pack so much of that stuff.

The ultrasound went great, baby boy was measuring 4 pounds 5 ounces which was a huge shock to me. I know it's not always accurate, but that's more than twice what my daughter weighed when she was born (she was 2lbs 2oz). He's head down, body to the left of my belly button and legs and arms out to the right of my belly button. It seems like a weird position for him to be in. I attached the picture they gave me. The glare is just from the crappy hospital lights since I took the picture there to send to my husband.

My OB appointment went really well too. My blood pressure was a little elevated when they first took it, but the doctor took it once he came in the room and it was perfect. He said I have a healthy, happy, perfect little boy growing. Fluid levels are good and the placenta is still working perfectly. :thumbup: The placenta started detaching at 29 weeks with my daughter so that was great news. I am measuring at 32 weeks and I'm 31+5 so pretty close. I start bi-weekly appointments now and my next one is on my daughters second birthday.

After all of that, my mom and sister being here for the day, taking my daughter to the splash pad for an hour and then the park, making dinner and having to go to the store...I am exhausted. I've settled into my chair to relax for the night now and hopefully I sleep good tonight.

Attachments

• 10609688_10152196091686548_352266988807464316_n.jpg
    10609688_10152196091686548_352266988807464316_n.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
What do you guys think? Has she dropped? I feel more uncomfortable today so I had hubby take a pic (left) right was sat.

Should I be worried? Should I make sure my bags are packed?

https://i57.tinypic.com/34g1315.jpg

It wouldnt hurt to pack a bag just in case but I wouldnt worry too much unless you are having any pre term labour signs.

I think I dropped yesterday.
today ive got so much pressure down below if I stand for too long and I am peeing heaps along with being able to eat more and breathe easier.

part of me is worried cos I never dropped with my singles this early but I did drop at 28 weeks with my twins and had to be induced at 38 weeks so the other part of me thinks if I can go 10 weeks with two babies sitting low with no cervical changes then one baby should be fine!

No signs of labor as of now that I know of, it is my first so I'm completely new to this. I know I've lost some of my plug, but not all of it as far as I'm aware. I just packed babies bag and my toiletries.

Oookay, now I'm freaking. As I typed that I had a little gush of cm, and then what I thought was a bh, but now I'm having another bh.... Babies punching and it hurts a little when she does. Urgh...

ETA: not another one since. So maybe it was a coincidence. Phew~

Newlywed I have dropped with this one and dropped about this same time with my ds. I didn't go into labor until 37 1/2 wks with my son. I wouldn't worry too much, just enjoy the increase in urination! Lol

Get this baby out! I've hit that wall! 5 more weeks

Aww newlywed I hope she stays in alittle longer for you.

And jcliff 5 weeks will be here before you know it. So exciting.

Dh and I got online and did searches for the best place to buy diapers and formula. We've decided were going with formula and disposables. So we busted out our calculator and I think were going with target brand diapers, wipes, and formula and target also has the best price of luvs (which we got a lot of at our shower) so if all goes well with them we might stay with luvs.

Well that stinks, Rbourre about the supplies. Our hospital tells us not to bring any of that stuff they have all the supplies you'll need but I want to get her used to the formula well be buying and the bottles we have a lot of so I told dh I'm bringing my own formula and bottles and I'll let them give me the diapers to try. They have listed underwear and pads on my list of things for me to bring for myself so I'm thinking they might not supply that to me either. But We have so many hospitals in this area tho and they are in major competition with each other that I can't image if you forget your pads they that would say oh sorry go buy them from the gift shop or something, they prob just have way too many people taking advantage of supplies that they are trying to scare you alittle. My bil and sil said I should open everything they give me but I'd feel alittle weird about that. I know the other hospital gives a freakin diaper bag filled with, diapers, bottles, insulated coolers, etc.

Glad everything else went ok for you today tho that's exciting 4 lbs 5 oz is awesome.

Hopefully it's nothing major for you newlywed and she stays in there longer! I have heard though that dropping doesn't mean you are about to go into labor.

Rbourre glad everything is going well for you and baby!

Sprite I've been told by several mom's that they love the target brand diapers. I'll see though, I was gifted practically every major brand there is and some off brands as well. No complaints here! I just hope he doesn't outgrow them too soon.

Today I have been unable to eat enough! I can eat and then 10 minutes later feel just as hungry as I was before I started eating. I think he's definitely growing in there. I'm very positive I'm going to have a big baby, I was going through baby pictures of my husband with my MIL and he was quite the chunker. His brothers baby was 9.5 pounds, and his wife is pretty average height. My husband is 6'3" and I'm 6' so there's some pretty tall genes going into the mix.

Whooping cough jab was fine all in and done within a couple of minutes. However today I have a sore arm and feel like I'm coming down with something :( I know it's normal though because the nurse told me I might feel like this for a couple of days so I'm going to have a lazy day today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->