*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I seem to be the odd one out here. My MIL is coming pretty much when we call her to come up to two weeks before the birth and staying until we kick her out and I couldn't be more okay with this! We live 5 to 8 hours away from anyone we know and love and any help won't come as easy as a short phone call and a quick drive away. I am definitely going to need help with my dogs as one needs to be walked and I'm not sure if I'll be able to right away.

Plus I really love my MIL, she is definitely like a second mother to me.

My in laws live less than 10 minutes from me, but my mother in law has already said she will take our 2 year old every weekend for a little while if we want so we have time alone with baby. My daughter absolutely loves her grandma and loves staying there so we will let her go sometimes, but not every weekend.

I don't mind visitors, especially after my husband goes back to work. I have a friend with a 2 week old and our first kids are only 2 weeks apart, and another friend who is due in January and our first kids love to play together even though they are 2 years apart (her son is 4). We will get together and have play dates.

Just ordered my breast pump just in case I decide to give it a go. I probably will but I'm still on the fence about it. I guess my hospital really pushes it so if I have the right support and it's not crazy hard then I just might exclusively pump. I'm taking my own bottles with me to the hospital tho...is that weird? My bil keeps telling me they give everything at the hospital but wouldn't you want the baby to get used to the items you intend to use rather then giving them one brand for 1-3 days and then possibly switching when you get home?

Those allowing visitors I wish you luck lol I'm sure it will all work out I think it makes a huge difference if you actually want the person there or not but like I said set those boundaries now. Tell them exactly what you need from them and follow thru with it. I say now that I don't want visitors but I'm sure my sister will be here every chance she gets but I'll be sure to send her away too lol

I had a great day of shopping today bought a baby book for footprints which I was debating on even buying but when I saw this one I just had to have it. I bought pacifier clips, a pacifier case, a formula dispenser, closet organizer things, and those 1-12 month belly stickers for pictures, I bought some car seat toys that clip on..for some reason the bouncer seat I bought didn't have any attached. I bought a tub of formula just out of excitement. And I got the cutest photo albums for $1 it's a mini one only holds 100 photos but that's good enough for me I'm bad with getting pictures developed anyway....and now the top thing on my list is a new camera....ahh that's gonna drive me crazy.

Any suggestions on a good nursing bra....just in case I might need that too. And of course I know nothing about them or brands or anything.

With my first we didn't even tell anyone we had the baby! I didn't want anyone up at the hospital. The day after I had her, I called my parents and my husband's parents to come up and cisit, but instructed them to not share the word she had arrived. Alot of you ladies sound alot like how I was/am. I just wanted the experience to be serene and calm.

Now....I Know of people who have an audience for their birth and hospital stays...kids, friends, cousins, parents, everyone is at the hospital! This just wasn't for me!

I will have my mom here when I have the baby. I have two little girls and my mom will be staying at home with them while I am in the hospital. I'm having a c-section so I know that I'll need someone to be with the kids and dh stays with me in the hospital because it can be hard the first night when I can barely move to get baby in and out of the bassinet. I love having my mom around because she will help with cooking and cleaning. Dh and I haven't talked to his dad and stepmom since June due to some issues we had with them. Dh decided that we didn't need the stress especially while I'm pregnant. I'm not sure whether he will call them after the baby is born or not. He told me he doesn't want to, but I feel like we should make a quick obligatory call and then its up to them what they want to do. I don't believe they will come and visit because we've been living here for 4 years and they haven't come once, even when we offered to pay for their flight.

sprite: I agree with you. I'll be taking a bottle and I have bought some formula to take to the hospital just in case breastfeeding doesn't go well (I've had problems in the past). I know they use a certain brand in the hospital and I would prefer to take the one that I'll be using at home. They say you shouldn't switch brands of formula because baby's tummy can't handle the change or it takes a while for baby to get used to the new one.

Can't see where you are sprite but in uk hospitals they have all main branded formula in the small newborn pre-made bottles. When breastfeeding go so bad my son refused to even try and feed from me I was able to choose what formula we gave him. (Aptimil being our choice) we then used another 2 different bottles and teats at home without any problem with confusion, we finally settled with avent natural so closer to breastfeeding as I managed to establish combi feeding.

^ not all hospitals. I've heard from some people some hospitals ask you to provide your own and I think you can buy them starter sets where there individually bottled like the ones they provide in hospitals. I don't know if ours provide as I was bf both mine and this time I won't be going to hospital, but I've def heard some don't provide anymore, although few and far between. X

Feeling better today :)

I'm another one with an issue with my mother. It's her first grandchild and I know she is excited but everything has got to be about her and our baby. I've told her repeatedly that I only want my OH with me when I give birth but she is adamant that she is going to turn up there.

My OH already has two older children and I really want them to be the first to meet their little brother as they are with us full time but trying to get my mum to understand this has been a nightmare. I get that she is excited but I want some time for me and OH to bond with little one and get him settled into our family before we have visitors.

I am seriously considering not telling anyone when I go into labour to give us some time with little one!

Stacey she sounds like a complete nightmare, I would have snapped by now.

My plan is that once he's here then my mum and OH can ring people and tell them but I don't want people visiting the hospital because I want some alone time for us as a family, then once I've been home 2 or 3 days then family can come and visit because I know I can order them to make me lots of cups of tea or to piss off when I've had enough and they'll understand:haha:

Also here is my 34+3 bump:cloud9: My tattoo did use to face to the side and not down but oh well:dohh::haha:

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20140822_203535_resized.jpg
    20140822_203535_resized.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 15
She is Vicky, I don't know what has made me more mad the fact she tried naming him, she wants him for all his firsts like xmaa day, walking , holidays etc or he racist comment about his name been shortened... I've had enough of her I feel like a ticking time bomb about to go off! How are you doing x

^ not all hospitals. I've heard from some people some hospitals ask you to provide your own and I think you can buy them starter sets where there individually bottled like the ones they provide in hospitals. I don't know if ours provide as I was bf both mine and this time I won't be going to hospital, but I've def heard some don't provide anymore, although few and far between. X

We must have been lucky. He was on neonatal when he had his first though & I guess they really need to have that option. But the ward also gave us one for a night feed back on the ward. I assumed that it was pretty standard.

Yeh I'd presume it'd be on nicu as standard but post natal it's not everywhere as some trusts don't provide. But think most do though. X

I seem to be the odd one out here. My MIL is coming pretty much when we call her to come up to two weeks before the birth and staying until we kick her out and I couldn't be more okay with this! We live 5 to 8 hours away from anyone we know and love and any help won't come as easy as a short phone call and a quick drive away. I am definitely going to need help with my dogs as one needs to be walked and I'm not sure if I'll be able to right away.

Plus I really love my MIL, she is definitely like a second mother to me.

Your not alone! I love my mil-she's great! She's coming to stay at 38 weeks so we can go off to hospital and have someone watch the girls. She's lovely and it's a real help.

:)

Is it beginning to sink on with everyone that you'll have a new baby soon? I saw a really cute newborn today, made me realise how small and cute they are :)

It hasn't sunk in yet that I am going to have a baby soon. It feels like I am just buying all this stuff just to stick it in a room and close the door.

I went to a mom to mom sale today looking for the last few things I need for baby. I got a few more sleepers and 4 bibs for him, but it was so busy that it was hard to really look. I was hoping to find a changing pad for the dresser and a diaper bag but no luck.

Yep its sinking in for me the closer it gets the more emotional i become, i've got last major bits for hospital bag today and i could of cried i'm that excited, scared, nervous and over whelmed all in one lol! x

It's sinking in for me. Especially when I look at the bassinet in our bedroom! Soon it won't be occupied by a teddy bear!

Anyone else find time to all of a sudden be draaaaaaagging?

Omg is it sinking in, especially bc I feel like baby really could come any day. My bils gf just had her baby at 36 weeks so realistically if I have her in 2 weeks it'll be nerve wracking, I've still got to buy a camera lol

We had a very uneventful day today I actually had a chance to sit down and enjoy some time of not doing anything. And then I just started to think about all the things I still need to do, which isn't much but it seems like I just keep adding stuff to the list as I'm crossing off things. We tried to do a bit of shopping today but I couldn't make my mind up on anything. I'm starting to hate shopping anymore, I think I'll just buy everything online from now on lol

Lauraemily, I am in the us and to the best of my knowledge they do have all the major brands in single serve bottles with disposable nipples but we know we'd like to try avent brand bottles first and we know we'd like to try a generic brand of formula, which I know they won't have at the hospital. To simplify things I'm sure I could just show up at the hospital and take what they give me but I'm way to organized and a planner to do that LOL.

Anyone else taking a breastfeeding class? The offer them here at babiesrus for $25 and with the hospital for $30 so I'm debating it. I also get 6 free consults once baby is born and the hospital offers a Mondays bfing mothers group for free that I just might go to. Guess it depends if I have time or not.

Omg is it sinking in, especially bc I feel like baby really could come any day. My bils gf just had her baby at 36 weeks so realistically if I have her in 2 weeks it'll be nerve wracking, I've still got to buy a camera lol

We had a very uneventful day today I actually had a chance to sit down and enjoy some time of not doing anything. And then I just started to think about all the things I still need to do, which isn't much but it seems like I just keep adding stuff to the list as I'm crossing off things. We tried to do a bit of shopping today but I couldn't make my mind up on anything. I'm starting to hate shopping anymore, I think I'll just buy everything online from now on lol

Lauraemily, I am in the us and to the best of my knowledge they do have all the major brands in single serve bottles with disposable nipples but we know we'd like to try avent brand bottles first and we know we'd like to try a generic brand of formula, which I know they won't have at the hospital. To simplify things I'm sure I could just show up at the hospital and take what they give me but I'm way to organized and a planner to do that LOL.

Anyone else taking a breastfeeding class? The offer them here at babiesrus for $25 and with the hospital for $30 so I'm debating it. I also get 6 free consults once baby is born and the hospital offers a Mondays bfing mothers group for free that I just might go to. Guess it depends if I have time or not.

I had never taken one, but as an experienced breast feeder, I now know it would have been beneficial. I learned as I went along, but these classes will help you to understand things ahead of time. Kinda putting you ahead of the game. There's lots of little tricks and tips people pick up along the way and it's always nice when they share that info. You could also talk to friends who opted to breastfeed. Great source of info!

Time is flying for me, I do wish it would slow down.
ive been very busy though and most days come to an end pretty quickly then before I know it im at the end of the week.

this weekend my daughter had her highland dance production on with the local pipe band at the theater so we had been busy leading up to that. Yesterday alone I was gone from 9am in the morning till almost 11pm!
next weekend theres a dance comp on, im unsure if we are going or not but it will be my last weekend with plans.
hopefully I can rest and time will drag after then!

my midwife is coming tomorrow and at my last appointment she said we will do a birth plan so im excited for tomorrows appointment.

I'm going to a breast feeding class on 11th Sep. it's part of my antenatal classes - I have 3 antenatal evening classes, an all day one, a breast feeding class and a postnatal one about 6 weeks afterwards. I've had 2 so far and I'm finding them really useful as well as meeting local people due at the same time. We've organised a couple of nights out in the next 2 weeks which should be fun!

I feel like time is dragging and I can't wait to meet her but on the other hand I'm enjoying being pregnant and my hospital bag isn't packed and I don't have everything for baby yet so I need her to stay in there for a few more weeks! I'm going to try and sort the remaining things this weekend. My DH is busy digging the foundations for our extension so I don't feel I can nest yet while everything is in chaos!

When is the right time to buy nursing bras? I know they continue growing so I want to make sure I get measured as late as possible to avoid having to buy more at different sizes but conscious it's getting close now! I also don't have any nursing tops yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->