*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Kiki28 I didn't have that the first time round and I hope I don't get it this time. I don't like most HV. Only come across one that made sense.

I haven't had heartburn yet, I'm thinking he's going to come out totally bald:haha:

Kiki28 I had a HV come to mine, she was actually really nice and just asked some questions for the forms she had to fill in then went through some different leaflets :)

36 weeks today! So exciting.

I have been very tired lately too, by the afternoon it's like first tri tired! I remember going to my car during my lunch breaks and taking a nap. I hope it doesn't get that bad again.

The baby's room is pretty much done. We just need to hang the curtains over the closet but in all honesty that is just an aesthetic thing so if we don't get to it for a while it's nbd.

I haven't been having heartburn/acid reflux too bad, it only seems to come really bad when I eat oatmeal or donuts or something like that. They brought bagels in today at work and I'm about to go have one but I'm worried it's going to give me heartburn. But I need to eat something, I was running late this morning and haven't eaten at all yet.

I think I'm starting to waddle a little... And at my work I have to park in the parking garage on the 5th floor, walk down to the elevator, walk across the street to the building and then take the elevator up to my floor, then walk a ways to the back of the building where my desk is... by the time I get to my desk I'm exhausted! Haha. I'm starting to feel a little more uncomfortable down there, I've felt a few jabbing sharp pains and tingling.

Also, my groin muscles have been cramping up!! Has anyone else felt this? I wonder if it's from swimming the other day. I'll be walking and have to stop and like do a lunge to stretch it out, it's pretty embarrassing.

My groin muscles and sciatic nerve have been have been bothering me for the past few weeks! I nearly fall every time baby moves and there is pressure on my sciatic nerve.

I have heartburn so bad right now and none of the usual is helping. I want to cry :(

I am sorry the heartburn is so terrible. The only thing that works for me at all are papaya enzyme tablets. I used them during all of my pregnancies, midwife and mama recommended. Hope you are able to get some relief! :hugs:

Just found out one of the women on my Facebook group passed away 5 days after giving birth to her baby girl. She died of sepsis. That is so terrifying and heart breaking. I am going to be checking my temperature constantly!

Oh, StarBrites! That is so sad and terrifying! :hugs: so sad for her family.

Happy 38 weeks, Yo_Yo!! I'm still about 3 weeks behind you, but am getting so impatient! A friend of mine who was due Oct. 6th, just had her baby yesterday! Golly, does that make me anxious to meet my LO!

So, I am thinking that maybe I might use two middle names for this little one when we name them. These are my for sure names that I like but DH still wants to wait until baby is born before picking a for sure name, lol. Anyway for a girl first name would be Paige and one of the middle names would be Elayne. For a boy the first name would be Wyatt and one of the middle names would be Gydion.. I have a few other names that I've paired with them... but trying to find something that flows with both names and our last name is proving to be a little difficult for me. So the other middle name choices for Paige in addition to Elayne are: Mckynzie, Ariadne and Ophelia. For Wyatt in addition to Gydion are: Alric, Elric and Alistair. I'm open to opinions on those three or any suggestions... Thanks in advance girls :) xxx

35 weeks today. I am so glad to still be pregnant as much as I just want this baby out. I hope he stays in at least 2 more weeks. I've had bad heartburn and I'm so exhausted because I can't sleep very well. I will be glad when I can sleep and not have to get up to pee so often.

Found out we close on our house on my due date yikes

I had my hospital tour today, and it was awesome! The delivery rooms are all private, which is the same room that I'll recover in. The rooms are super nice! They have refrigerators, TV's with DVD players, futons for your husband or OH so he can sleep there as well, and a rocking chair. The baby is born and evaluated in the room you're in and wont leave your side unless medically necessary. The rooms are almost nicer than most hotels I've stayed in.

I also got my strep b results back, and I tested positive :(

La mere I found saying the whole name out loud helped us decided what sounded best.

I had my hospital tour today, and it was awesome! The delivery rooms are all private, which is the same room that I'll recover in. The rooms are super nice! They have refrigerators, TV's with DVD players, futons for your husband or OH so he can sleep there as well, and a rocking chair. The baby is born and evaluated in the room you're in and wont leave your side unless medically necessary. The rooms are almost nicer than most hotels I've stayed in.

I also got my strep b results back, and I tested positive :(

I'm also positive for strep b. I'm hoping my water doesn't break so I can stay at home as long as possible before I have to go in for the iv antibiotics

I didn't even know you had to go in right away if your waters broke. I haven't even had the chance to fully talk about it with my doctor yet, so I don't even know what procedures they follow because of it. I'm kind of upset that I tested positive, everything else was going so perfectly!

a few of my favorite of our maternity pictures.

Baby shower was so fun! Why do people never go off registries though? We are super strapped for money and I got so many clothes and don't need them, I have other things we really need that we have to find money for now. :dohh:

Attachments

• 10547069_10152266709826924_4536368335632571037_o.jpg
    10547069_10152266709826924_4536368335632571037_o.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 10619894_10152266710941924_3864894017434223204_o.jpg
    10619894_10152266710941924_3864894017434223204_o.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 10669253_10152266715236924_4174682345007933673_o.jpg
    10669253_10152266715236924_4174682345007933673_o.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 10704376_10152266708716924_4874615999234102378_o.jpg
    10704376_10152266708716924_4874615999234102378_o.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 10469305_10152266709286924_7131750210047416606_o.jpg
    10469305_10152266709286924_7131750210047416606_o.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
I didn't even know you had to go in right away if your waters broke. I haven't even had the chance to fully talk about it with my doctor yet, so I don't even know what procedures they follow because of it. I'm kind of upset that I tested positive, everything else was going so perfectly!

I had to go on 10 days of antibiotics and then when my water breaks I have to go right to the hospital to get IV antibiotics. My midwife said I don't have to be hooked up to the IV the whole time...just to receive the dose of antibiotics. With treatment it's not really a big deal...if this is the worst thing that happens I'll take it

Baby shower was so fun! Why do people never go off registries though? We are super strapped for money and I got so many clothes and don't need them, I have other things we really need that we have to find money for now. :dohh:

Cute photos. I agree...so many people went off our registry and we got lots of clothes. I'm going to return some stuff and get the other things we need off the registry

I only had 1 person buy off my registry when I had my daughter. Almost everyone bought clothes. Everyone thinks baby clothes are so cute (and they are) but we really only need so many. Since then, I won't buy anyone clothes unless that's specifically what they ask for. I went to a "sprinkle" earlier this year and all they asked for was clothes.

I only had 1 person buy off my registry when I had my daughter. Almost everyone bought clothes. Everyone thinks baby clothes are so cute (and they are) but we really only need so many. Since then, I won't buy anyone clothes unless that's specifically what they ask for. I went to a "sprinkle" earlier this year and all they asked for was clothes.

Lol, what in the world is a "sprinkle"!? It sounds really cute whatever it is.. like fairies, and ice cream or something :)

I had to go on 10 days of antibiotics and then when my water breaks I have to go right to the hospital to get IV antibiotics. My midwife said I don't have to be hooked up to the IV the whole time...just to receive the dose of antibiotics. With treatment it's not really a big deal...if this is the worst thing that happens I'll take it

That's good to know! I was worried that it was worse than it was. My doctor didn't explain it that much when I got tested. I asked, but she didn't give much information outside of basics. Which to be honest, I've mostly forgotten.

And as for people shopping off of registries, it is slightly annoying. It's the most annoying when someone asks where you're registered and then still shops somewhere else. It's not like I registered for a lot of expensive things, I made sure it was varied enough that everyone and anyone could afford to go off it.

In the end, it didn't really matter. I am super grateful for everything I was given! And I'll have a really well dressed baby!

Forgot to mention, newlywed those shots are beautiful! You look fantastic, I love your bump!

Lol, what in the world is a "sprinkle"!? It sounds really cute whatever it is.. like fairies, and ice cream or something :)
A sprinkle is like a shower but it's when you already have a child. A lot of people do it if they have opposite sex or if kids are far apart in age

That's good to know! I was worried that it was worse than it was. My doctor didn't explain it that much when I got tested. I asked, but she didn't give much information outside of basics. Which to be honest, I've mostly forgotten.

And as for people shopping off of registries, it is slightly annoying. It's the most annoying when someone asks where you're registered and then still shops somewhere else. It's not like I registered for a lot of expensive things, I made sure it was varied enough that everyone and anyone could afford to go off it.

In the end, it didn't really matter. I am super grateful for everything I was given! And I'll have a really well dressed baby!
Yea the biggest risk is you can pass it to baby and while it doesn't really affect you you can pass it to baby during delivery and they can get sick since they don't have a strong immune system. But with antibiotics everything should be fine

Don't get me wrong, I am super appreciative of the fact that people even came to the shower, let alone the abundance of gifts we got! I have such a hard time returning things because I understand the time and effort people put into choosing them!

Return and buy what you need. My shower with dd we got most of everything off registry and even some doubles. We returned doubles and half of the clothes and bought diapers it was great

Finn arrived on Fri 12th September at 8.05 am at 37+4 weeks weighing 6lbs 5oz after an emergency section. :flower:

Waters went on Friday at 00.00 after I got up to go for a wee and luckily was still sitting on the toilet when the first gush happened. More came after that and didn't stop for hours in the end so we went in. Contractions started immediately at the hospital but I was advised to go home and wait it out there. Something told me not to though and I refused. Had a bath which dI'd absolutely nothing :haha: and had more and more contractions which got longer and closer together. Got to try out some gas and air (which I clung to for the rest of the labour) and had my first examination. Immediately she told my husband to pull the emergency cord and I stared panicking. She said she could feel the cord first above the baby's head. Crash team flooded in and I was examined by a doctor who confirmed it wasn't the cord - it was his foot and he was breech!! Was taken down to theatre and after 45 minutes of attempts to get the spinal in they went to town, and 15 mins into the op they pulled out our little boy. :cloud9:

10653670_10154689057985122_6293377348776923867_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->