*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Rbourre-agree-at least we can lay how we want in bed when they are here! So looking forward to that!! :)

I couldn't lay on my boobs at all for the first few months or they would completely soak my side of the bed. :haha: I like to sleep on my stomach, but I couldn't even after my daughter was born.

I am on a roll with winning this week. I just won tickets to see The Wiggles on Sunday. My daughter is going to be so excited when she sees them. They don't come to Canada very often and I wanted to buy her tickets. This show was way out of my price range (the good seats were over $400 for 3 tickets). There's a show closer to my house and less than half the price, but it's not for a few weeks yet. I was afraid to get tickets to that one because I will be over 38 weeks and I didn't want to buy tickets and not be able to go.

OMG was I sooo tired when I woke up this morning, I had to hit snooze 3times. It was craziness. And dh was trying to talk to me and I haven't a clue what he said to me. When I finally did get up I hear the washing machine going so he must have been asking to me to switch his laundry lol

I have absolutely no motivation to work today. I don't know if it's a Friday thing or it's because I know were going away this week or what but I'm struggling big time and I've only been awake for 2 hours lol

On a positive note, when I used the potty this morning baby must have moved off my bladder because I went pee soooo much and it was actually a huge relief because I've been feeling this constant need to go pee and no matter how many times I go I still feel like not 30 mins later I have to go again and very little comes out but this morning was such a relief ...it was very close to normal so I'm looking forward to getting my bladder back.

I'm not sleeping well. I just can't stay comfortable. I spend the night switching sides.

Hearty Congratulations Mamamac!! You have beautiful beautiful babies there. They are absolutely adorable!

Guess it is time for the rest of us to get set too! :haha:

I went for my 36 week appointment and my final scan yesterday. LO is one week ahead in measurements and weighs 6.7lbs. Then I went to see my doctor with this report. She said she would do a clinical exam and found that my cervix is quite soft and 1cm dilated.

And suddenly she told me that this is the right time for a stretch and sweep!!! She then did it before I could realise what was going on. It hurt quite a bit and then when it was done she told me that I might go into labor in the next 48 hours!!! This was so frigging fast that I didn't even know what happened and later last night I started bleeding and losing my plug. This is nothing like the discharge I had earlier. (TMI) It was brownish red thick gooey stuff and it came all night. I had my contractions 2 hours apart from 8pm until 4am. I was told to come in if the water breaks or if the contractions get closer together.

Somehow after 4am this morning contractions stopped by themselves but I had heavy cramps all over my lower abdomen. I've been laying almost all day although doc told me to walk and be mobile to get into labor. I'm just not ready and I guess so is my baby 'coz he wouldn't come even after this stretch and sweep. My doctor strongly believes that my baby is ready and assured me that my cervix is too and that I wouldn't need any induction either. But I'd rather wait atleast for one more week till my baby is term.

Anyways, if I don't go into labor naturally until tomorrow evening then I'll have to go back in next week for another stretch and sweep. I'll probably be ready by then and it will actually sink in that baby is indeed coming out. Packed bags in a crazy hurry last night. Guess it is better to be safe by packing early on.

Oh my god!! So she did a sweep without consent (which is classed as abuse) and your not even full term!! Jeeeeez!! I'm in shock lol. It's probbably just cause you alot of irritation and stress more than anything else as you said baby isn't ready.

I can't believe she did that when you are not even term yet! Wow.

36 weeks today! So exciting.

I have been very tired lately too, by the afternoon it's like first tri tired! I remember going to my car during my lunch breaks and taking a nap. I hope it doesn't get that bad again.

The baby's room is pretty much done. We just need to hang the curtains over the closet but in all honesty that is just an aesthetic thing so if we don't get to it for a while it's nbd.

I haven't been having heartburn/acid reflux too bad, it only seems to come really bad when I eat oatmeal or donuts or something like that. They brought bagels in today at work and I'm about to go have one but I'm worried it's going to give me heartburn. But I need to eat something, I was running late this morning and haven't eaten at all yet.

I think I'm starting to waddle a little... And at my work I have to park in the parking garage on the 5th floor, walk down to the elevator, walk across the street to the building and then take the elevator up to my floor, then walk a ways to the back of the building where my desk is... by the time I get to my desk I'm exhausted! Haha. I'm starting to feel a little more uncomfortable down there, I've felt a few jabbing sharp pains and tingling.

Also, my groin muscles have been cramping up!! Has anyone else felt this? I wonder if it's from swimming the other day. I'll be walking and have to stop and like do a lunge to stretch it out, it's pretty embarrassing.

Rbourre-agree-at least we can lay how we want in bed when they are here! So looking forward to that!! :)

I couldn't lay on my boobs at all for the first few months or they would completely soak my side of the bed. :haha: I like to sleep on my stomach, but I couldn't even after my daughter was born.

I am on a roll with winning this week. I just won tickets to see The Wiggles on Sunday. My daughter is going to be so excited when she sees them. They don't come to Canada very often and I wanted to buy her tickets. This show was way out of my price range (the good seats were over $400 for 3 tickets). There's a show closer to my house and less than half the price, but it's not for a few weeks yet. I was afraid to get tickets to that one because I will be over 38 weeks and I didn't want to buy tickets and not be able to go.

Wiggles?! My dd1 loved them, we watched the show again and again and again! I can sing all the words to the songs (don't leave your head ever lol)

You'll have a great time-what a great thing to win! :)

Omg a stretch and sweep at 36 weeks?! Im shocked that any medical professional would do that. I was never offered one till after 41 weeks!!
I would definitely not be happy.
Scans are also not very accurate in late pregnancy and can be off by a pound or more either way so im really surprised your doc was okay doing that.
Will she be the one to deliver your baby?

I have heartburn so bad right now and none of the usual is helping. I want to cry :(

My heartburn has actually gotten worse after she dropped! I was really excited for some relief but looks like I won't be getting any =P

Just found out one of the women on my Facebook group passed away 5 days after giving birth to her baby girl. She died of sepsis. That is so terrifying and heart breaking. I am going to be checking my temperature constantly!

Whenever I have heartburn I can't get rid of I chew some gum. It works for me, as long as I keep the gum in my mouth. It is great for a nice break!

My husband and I went out for our 6th anniversary tonight. It's not our wedding anniversary, just since we've been together. I ate so much food that my maternity pants felt tight! And, I stopped eating so I wouldn't look like so much of a fatty compared to my husband, not because I was full!

Starbrites-how awful the lady on your Facebook group died of sepsis :-(

Mushymilk-happy 6 years together! :) last one just the two of you! I can eat and eat these days :haha: I get so hungry too. I remember eating a whole big cake last time in bed :blush:

I get so full late in pregnancy! I never think I eat all the calories they say you should cause I just fell full a lot of the time!!
So my eldest has her first school cold, she's passed it onto the youngest!!! :-/ hoping it bypasses me lol.
So those on #2 or 3, has it been any different with heart burn? With last two is have it really bad, daily. This time I've had it mild a few times but nothing major. I keep thinking any day now........... But nothing!

Anyone in the UK have a health visitor visit at home before the baby comes? I got a letter yesterday saying they want to come next Thursday and go through some things that were listed!

My only concern is we live in a static caravan on OH parents farm and I don't want to be judged for it :( lil one hasn't even got a bedroom yet until we move the office across to the house which we weren't going to do until he needs to go into his own room! Not too sure what they want to go through it just seems to me they want to have a nosy around!

Yeh I had an antenatal visit first time, they sent the red book through post for second and this time the HV just randomly showed up on Monday with it. But she's very friendly and basically just comes for a chat, tells me stuff I don't need to know (telling me about her periods and how she wished menopause would hurry up lol) and moaning about work/nhs (because I work for them too). If it was any other one I'd have complained about the random show up.
There not going to judge you for where you live, they won't look around (I've never had that anyway) they just full out some paperwork (they will ask probably about home, heating etc and you can just say then that your planning on moving into the house when baby is ready for it's own room (which they would expect baby to be in with you anyway at first, so doesn't need a designated room, I havnt done nursery this time as I'm wishing to find out if pink or blue, plus will be in with us for 6-12month), explain their role, what they will/can provide (clinics etc), and give you the red book and leaflets for groups/services etc.

A little late in the game, but CONGRATS MAMAMAC!

My heartburn has picked up too...three tums in tonight so far...

It's funny how much more relaxed about pregnancy /birth/ newborns I am this second time around(even though I am going to have two under two!). I just feel like, I did this once already, I got this. I'm not even so concerned about packing my hospital bag "just right"

With my first I read every book, tried to take in every good suggestion, and just tried to prepare myself for what felt like, a war, lol, but I know that is not the case! I know I will be tired, but I know that will pass :)

Good luck ladies :))

Running on only 5.5 hours of very interrupted sleep, buut, its baby shower day for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->