October IUI Buddies

Is anyone else on progesterone suppositories? If so do you find it hard to distinguish between side effects and real symptoms? I am so crampy and having major mood swings tonight! Look out DH! LOL

I am only 3-4dpiui and I am already going crazy!!! This is torture. I don't know how I am going to make it. LOL

I am so bloated, crampy and moody. I suspect it's just side effects from the Endometrin though.

And I can't help but feel so worried that I can't be lucky enough to have two IUIs in a row work. Ahhh so many emotions.

Wow I can imagine. Just hang in there I'm sure all will work out well. As for me am kinda second guessing having an IUI....I was thinking that maybe I should try natural of course with the meeds and trigger shot. What do you think? Do you think iui is a better route?

Wannabe - my re will do back to back iui's to make sure we catch the egg. It does cost more but I figure we should instead our chances anyway we can

Mrs t.- I am on prog supps. And yes they make you feel pregnant. I am 13 dpo and for the last few days I have been soooo hungry and I feel like I have been hit by a train. I test bfn today so I am preparing for iui this next cycle.

Wow I can imagine. Just hang in there I'm sure all will work out well. As for me am kinda second guessing having an IUI....I was thinking that maybe I should try natural of course with the meeds and trigger shot. What do you think? Do you think iui is a better route?

Well the thing is the IUI makes sure the sperm gets to where they need to be without much effort for them. In my case it's necessary because my DH doesn't have strong swimmers. Try it and at least you will feel you gave it your best shot.

It is possible to work on the first try. It did for me, but unfortunately that one ended in miscarriage. But it did give me hope that it works and to try again.

Welcome to all the new ladies! :dust: to you all!

MrsT- THinking of you! The 2ww is the worst!

Is anyone else on progesterone suppositories? If so do you find it hard to distinguish between side effects and real symptoms? I am so crampy and having major mood swings tonight! Look out DH! LOL

Yes. That's why I'm not going to try to symptom spot. I just attribute all the hot flashes, cramping, twinges, lightheadedness, etc to the progesterone.
:shrug:

Uh huh! Ive just given up on trying to decipher the symptoms, it feels like my whole body is out of wack! :wacko:

I am only 3-4dpiui and I am already going crazy!!! This is torture. I don't know how I am going to make it. LOL

I am so bloated, crampy and moody. I suspect it's just side effects from the Endometrin though.

And I can't help but feel so worried that I can't be lucky enough to have two IUIs in a row work. Ahhh so many emotions.

Mrs.T, I am also at 4 dpiui. It feels like it's 14 dpiui because I am so impatient. It's weird, because I've been having some pain in my ovaries the last few days which I've never experienced past ovulation. I don't know if it is just because of the Gonal F I was on. Anyone else experience this?

It's really up to you. Have you taken the meds before? The IUI definitely helps, but timed BDing is always an option. You can always try natural this cycle and if it doesn't work, doing an IUI next time. Totally up to you!

Thought Id share my IUI cucle story!

We were going to do our first IUI cycle this month but after taking Clomid I had 3 follies and crap estriadol levels so the clinic cancelled the IUI and they gave me an injection to trigger O and just told us to have sex and still take the pessaries...

I dont know why they are bothering with the pessaries since they cancelled the IUI cos obviously they think the egg quality is bad? :(

Its annoying cos I was tracked for a few cycles prior to this and I was O'ing fine and then I took the clomid and now it seems worse! Hopefully this is just a freak cycle...i was really looking forward to doing the IUI

Thanks for reading xx

Oh, wow, Becka, that is really frustrating! I, too, felt that the Clomid did more harm than good when I generated ovarian cysts as a result and had to cancel my IUI last month.

This month I'm trying Femara (though they assure me if I develped cysts with Clomid, I am just as likely to with Femara as well), trigger shot, and IUI. I go in for a follie check a week from today.

Good luck to you for next month!!

Oh, wow, Becka, that is really frustrating! I, too, felt that the Clomid did more harm than good when I generated ovarian cysts as a result and had to cancel my IUI last month.

This month I'm trying Femara (though they assure me if I develped cysts with Clomid, I am just as likely to with Femara as well), trigger shot, and IUI. I go in for a follie check a week from today.

Oh no, that's no good, are the cysts painful? I hope u go better with the Femara and let us know how your follie check goes next week :)

Oh no, that's no good, are the cysts painful? I hope u go better with the Femara and let us know how your follie check goes next week :)

They told me to stop any exercise and not lift anything over 20 pounds until the cysts reduced enough in size, or they might burst and send me to the hospital. Greaaaaaaat! I felt bloated from having huge cysts, but that's about all. The nurse was surprised I didn't "know" I had them. Dude, I thought it was gas! I had no idea I could get cysts so it never even entered my head.

Anyway, fingers crossed that the same thing doesn't happen with Femara, but that it just does its job and gives me juicy follies!

Sweet Lullaby: AF came on cd29 which is early for me, I average around 35, though I usually have to use progesterone to bring it on as this was my first time ovulating so my numbers can’t really be trusted. We are going to try again. The doc is having us do the same thing: 7.5 mg of Femara cd3-7 with mid cycle u/s on the 22nd, trigger that night and IUI on the 24th as long as follicle(s) look good at the U/s. Your pains could definitely mean ovulation. Did you take an opk?

Damie: I had my beta Monday and it was negative, then AF showed up yesterday. It is without a doubt AF. Cramps, back pain, flow. I start my Femara tomorrow.

EsperandoBebe: Welcome! We are cycle buddies. CD1 on the same day! I will be here for you! I hope this forum gives you the support you need, and good luck with the injectables. I will most likely be moving to them next cycle if this one doesn’t work.

KBrain3377: That is wonderful! Congratz on your BFP and I hope that bean keeps growing!

Mrsjennyg: I am so sorry you are going through that with your friends. It is not easy or fair. We are here for you.

Maksmama: That is wonderful about your big follicles! I hope with 5 you get your BFP! Welcome!

MrsT: Sorry you are having mood swings. They aren’t fun for you either, forget about DH. That is all they have to deal with for the most part.

Ttcbaby117: Sorry you got a BFN. We will be here for you through the next cycle if needed.

Becka79: I have been doing much better on Femara then I was on Clomid as well. It may be something to look into. Good luck.

Hi All!

So I had my Ultra sound and bloodwork today and I have 4 follies. My DR wants me to wait until tomorrow to do my trigger since 2 are 14 1 is 16 and 1 is 18 so they will be at 20. So I am looking at an IUI date of Saturday! I am so excited! Fingers crossed that it goes well! Is 4 good ? I have no idea! My first round my DR didn't give me any of this information.

Sweet Lullaby, I have no idea about the EWCM and follicles. All I know is if you have it, it is an indicator of ovulation. Try using opk's to make sure you don't ovulate sooner than your trigger so this way you can let your doc know if you get a pos opk, they might have you come in to do the iui and skip out on the trigger.
I have been doing OPK, and have no detected any surges... This is my first time using Gonal F, previously i used Puregon injectibles. I didnt notice any of this last time (maybe last time was my first IUI and i had no idea what to expect)

Sweet Lullaby - what cycle day are you on? I'm very surprised that you have not had any ultrasounds, they really should be doing them to measure your follicles to best determine when to do the IUI. EWCM generally means that you will ovulate in the next 24 to 48 hours, but I supposed that there are exceptions to this. I can't stress enough that they need to be monitoring you w/ultrasounds, especially since you're on injectibles. IUIs are all about timing, and the success rates depend on careful monitoring! In fact, both of my IUIs were a bust partially for bad timing. I would call your doc asap and demand an ultrasound! As far as I know, most ladies on this board get ultrasounds from CD3, especially with injecticbles. I don't mean to harp on this, good luck to you!

Hi, today i am on Cycle day 17 (14th Day of Injectibles). My Fertilty Center does not do ultrasound monitoring unless they see my estrogen (sp?) level rise to an amount that indicates mature follicles. They are also testng the LH surge every day.

Once my levels have reached a desirable amount, the call me in for an Ultrasound.

my last IUI (which resulted in my DD) i had this exact protocol. That was my first IUI attempt.

I dont know why i am doubting their process this time round, i guess i am more clued on.. and its been 3 years since my last lol!

I guess i am being monitored very closely, just via blood tests which tells them if i have enough estrogen levels to indicate a mature follicle or not.

I was comparing my last IUI cycle to this one. I had my first U/sound on CD18, which confirmed 1 follicle at 21.5mm. They triggered me that day, and followed by insemination the next day.

But i still wonder why they are so very different to other FS.

You must be so anxious. The TWW is the worst. Unfortunately for me, i have had way tooo many TWW in my journey trying to conceive..

When are you planning on testing? i tested on 8dpiui to test out the trigger...

Yes you can have to IUIs in row to work! Postive thinking :)

Hi All!

So I had my Ultra sound and bloodwork today and I have 4 follies. My DR wants me to wait until tomorrow to do my trigger since 2 are 14 1 is 16 and 1 is 18 so they will be at 20. So I am looking at an IUI date of Saturday! I am so excited! Fingers crossed that it goes well! Is 4 good ? I have no idea! My first round my DR didn't give me any of this information.

How exciting!!! Yes 4 is definately good!!! my IUI worked with just 1 lonesome folli..which is now me 3yr old DD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->