October IUI Buddies

kbrain - thank you so much for the explanation...hmm estrogen priming...I will have to look into that. I guess it is to late for this cycle but I might say something to her about it should I need to! Thank you again and way to be proactive.

mrsjenny - what kind of follicles did they see on your ultrasound?

Hi TTC :) I was only cd6 so I only had blood work. I go back for just blood work on Sunday and then I imagine start the u/s next week. Does that sound like what everyone else is doing?

Hey ladies! So I am getting a cold. I have tried to deny it but its happening- lol. What kind of remedies or cold meds have your docs said were ok? I have a call into my nurse but I don't know when I'll hear back.

Also, anyone on injectibles have spotting? TMI- it's the old brown/dark red. I've never had this before so I was just wondering if it might be associated with the meds.

Thanks girls and good luck to those of you with IUI's this week!

Ttcbaby117: I only had one follicle on Femara last cycle. If the same thing happens this cycle and we don’t get our BFP then we are going to talk to the RE about switching to the injectables. We don’t feel there is any point in this if we only get one follicle. Waste of time and money.

Maksmama: DHs numbers look great! Good luck!

KBrain337: I am so sorry you weren’t able to have your beta, I would be so frustrated. Good luck today!

EJT22: I am sorry for your BFN. It is hard, especially when you are so excited because for once you actually have a chance. I hope round two works for you. What protocol are you doing?

Pambolina21: 8 pills! Like 20 MG?!? My RE won’t let my go above 3 pills which is 7.5mg. I hope this works for you! You have your scan three days before mine. Good luck!

Sweet Lullaby: How did the IUI go?

AFM: First night of Femara down, four more to go.

Ttcbaby117: I only had one follicle on Femara last cycle. If the same thing happens this cycle and we don’t get our BFP then we are going to talk to the RE about switching to the injectables. We don’t feel there is any point in this if we only get one follicle. Waste of time and money.

Maksmama: DHs numbers look great! Good luck!

KBrain337: I am so sorry you weren’t able to have your beta, I would be so frustrated. Good luck today!

EJT22: I am sorry for your BFN. It is hard, especially when you are so excited because for once you actually have a chance. I hope round two works for you. What protocol are you doing?

Pambolina21: 8 pills! Like 20 MG?!? My RE won’t let my go above 3 pills which is 7.5mg. I hope this works for you! You have your scan three days before mine. Good luck!

Sweet Lullaby: How did the IUI go?

AFM: First night of Femara down, four more to go.

TTC & Karen- I only had one follie with Femera too and it was on my non tube side so... I'm now on injectibles. It did help my lining though, where clomid ha totally thinned it out.

Lindsayb721: I would be ecstatic with four follicles! I only had one. I hope they all grow well for you, good luck Saturday!

BabyD225: I am sorry your first IUI didn’t work. I just got the same news. My next one should be on the 24th as well! Good luck these next two weeks growing that egg. I hope it works for you and you don’t have to pay for IVF. It is really expensive here in Oregon too.

Pambolina: We are cycle buddies, I am taking letrozol cd 3-7 starting tonight. Best of luck to you!

That's awesome! I start tonight as well since my baseline was this morning! I go in for my next U/S and bloodwork on the 19th! My bloodwork today showed that my estrogen level was slightly elevated so my Letrozol has been increased from 6 pills a day to 8 pills a day! Good luck sweetie!! So glad to have a cycle buddy! It's my first and I have NO clue what to expect really...lol

Wow Pambolina - 8 pills of Femara? Not that I am questioning your doctor if you feel comfortable with him/her, but I've never heard of that kind of dosage. Which doesn't mean anything so take that with a grain of salt, but according to my RE he won't prescribe anything over 7.5.mg. His reasoning is that since the way that the pills work (Femara and Chlomid) is by tricking you body into producing more hormones, if your body does not respond to a high dosage like 7.5 than he would go to injections, which are just straight hormones. (He had me try a combo of Femara plus injectibles which kept the cost down). Just letting you know some other options, but I'm sure that your doc is on top of it. GL to you!!!

kbrain - thank you so much for the explanation...hmm estrogen priming...I will have to look into that. I guess it is to late for this cycle but I might say something to her about it should I need to! Thank you again and way to be proactive.

mrsjenny - what kind of follicles did they see on your ultrasound?

Hi TTC :) I was only cd6 so I only had blood work. I go back for just blood work on Sunday and then I imagine start the u/s next week. Does that sound like what everyone else is doing?

Hi mrsjenny - My office actually did an U/S with every blood draw as standard protocol, but I did think that was overkill esp. at the beginning of the cycle. I think what your doc doing sounds just fine.

Lindsayb721: I would be ecstatic with four follicles! I only had one. I hope they all grow well for you, good luck Saturday!

BabyD225: I am sorry your first IUI didn’t work. I just got the same news. My next one should be on the 24th as well! Good luck these next two weeks growing that egg. I hope it works for you and you don’t have to pay for IVF. It is really expensive here in Oregon too.

Pambolina: We are cycle buddies, I am taking letrozol cd 3-7 starting tonight. Best of luck to you!

That's awesome! I start tonight as well since my baseline was this morning! I go in for my next U/S and bloodwork on the 19th! My bloodwork today showed that my estrogen level was slightly elevated so my Letrozol has been increased from 6 pills a day to 8 pills a day! Good luck sweetie!! So glad to have a cycle buddy! It's my first and I have NO clue what to expect really...lol

Wow Pambolina - 8 pills of Femara? Not that I am questioning your doctor if you feel comfortable with him/her, but I've never heard of that kind of dosage. Which doesn't mean anything so take that with a grain of salt, but according to my RE he won't prescribe anything over 7.5.mg. His reasoning is that since the way that the pills work (Femara and Chlomid) is by tricking you body into producing more hormones, if your body does not respond to a high dosage like 7.5 than he would go to injections, which are just straight hormones. (He had me try a combo of Femara plus injectibles which kept the cost down). Just letting you know some other options, but I'm sure that your doc is on top of it. GL to you!!!

Yea...I'm suppose to take 4 in the morning and 4 at night. I've never been on Femara before, only Clomid, so this is all new to me! Hell, the whole IUI process is new to me!!!! I never had a problem getting pregnant with my other 2 girls, even though they are 8 years apart...lol...

What do you mean by injectables? Because I also have to have HCG injections (is that the same thing?) and I also have to take Estradol after the ovulation period. On top of that I am taking 1500mg of Glucophage and of course my prenatal.

Kbrain - wow....I interviewed a few docs before i chose the one I have now and I did speak to one who was like that. I left feeling the same way. I swear you know there is a way to deliver this kind of information without making you so upset I dont understand sometimes how inconsiderate drs can be when they deal with such a sensitive subject.....I am going to ask my dr about the estrogen priming and see what she says about it.

Pam - GL hun

Sweetlullaby - Please let us know how you are feeling...thinking positive sperm meets egg thoughts ;)

mrsjenny - what was your lining at last cycle on femara? I think mine is on the low side. I am not sure about the spotting thing but please let me know if you find out.

afm - well I was doing some medication research on pricing cuz I am self pay.....My dr wanted me to use follistim but I found out gonal f is 1/2 the price so I emailed her and asked if I could use gonal f instead and she said follistim is more user friendly but if I am comfy with the injections then I could use the gonal...well my sister is a nurse so she can inject me...woohoo for saving almost $400!!!!

Hello! Ladies,

I am new to this thread but have been stalking the board for a while. Hence, couldn't resist joining and share my details. You ladies are just awesome and so supportive. Hope I can join you gals.
Well, about me we got married Nov'09 and TTC for past2yrs with no success. I did my first IUI last thur 10/04 followed next day 10/05. Today I am 8dpiui w/o any symptoms at all not even lil cramps breast tenderness is too far to even talk about. I have already given up.
Our history no major fertility problem. DH sperms are perfect, I wasn't ovulating all my cycles so this time we did Letrozole, Gonal-f 75u, Ovidrel. I was told to take the Progestrone suppos. vaginally twice a day which I am currently on. The day we did IUI though I had 2 dominant follicles measuring 24mm and 22mm which I believe are lil much but my problem is the lining, I have a really low lining of 0.7 which my RE says is acceptable but from what I have read it is too low may be thats why I believe I am out for this cycle.
Anyone else is in same boat like me? I am so depressed really don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Love u all & Baby dust to u

Welcome Pray4me! Keep hope - don't give up, it's not over til it's over. No symptoms certainly does not mean BFN. Keep us updated :)

I just had my 2nd scan today, and the clinic just called to tell me to go ahead with 3 more nights of injections followed by another scan Monday morning. For those of you who are in the know, can you tell me if the findings are good or bad so far? I am currently CD6, and the scan showed a lining of 1.3, 5 follicles on the right, though the nurse measured only 3 of them, the biggest was 10, and 6 follicles on the right, the biggest was 11.....?

Hey ladies! So I am getting a cold. I have tried to deny it but its happening- lol. What kind of remedies or cold meds have your docs said were ok? I have a call into my nurse but I don't know when I'll hear back.

Also, anyone on injectibles have spotting? TMI- it's the old brown/dark red. I've never had this before so I was just wondering if it might be associated with the meds.

Thanks girls and good luck to those of you with IUI's this week!

Hey mrsjenny! I also came down with a horrible cold yesterday I have my iui tomorrow and my nurse said to use saline wash or a neti pot, cough drops Tylenol. She said if I had to I could do a dose of robitusson but I didn't want to risk it. Feel better!!

Yea...I'm suppose to take 4 in the morning and 4 at night. I've never been on Femara before, only Clomid, so this is all new to me! Hell, the whole IUI process is new to me!!!! I never had a problem getting pregnant with my other 2 girls, even though they are 8 years apart...lol...

What do you mean by injectables? Because I also have to have HCG injections (is that the same thing?) and I also have to take Estradol after the ovulation period. On top of that I am taking 1500mg of Glucophage and of course my prenatal.

Injectibles are the hormones that you inject - technically the HCG shot is an injectible, but it just makes you ovulate, so most of the time when people talk about injectibles, they mean the ones that stimulate your eggs to grow (examples are Follitism, Menopur, etc.). Generally speaking, most of these contain either the LH or the FSH hormone, or a combination of both.

That is a lot of stuff. I will probably be more agressive next cycle.

Kbrain - wow....I interviewed a few docs before i chose the one I have now and I did speak to one who was like that. I left feeling the same way. I swear you know there is a way to deliver this kind of information without making you so upset I dont understand sometimes how inconsiderate drs can be when they deal with such a sensitive subject.....I am going to ask my dr about the estrogen priming and see what she says about it.

Pam - GL hun

Sweetlullaby - Please let us know how you are feeling...thinking positive sperm meets egg thoughts ;)

mrsjenny - what was your lining at last cycle on femara? I think mine is on the low side. I am not sure about the spotting thing but please let me know if you find out.

afm - well I was doing some medication research on pricing cuz I am self pay.....My dr wanted me to use follistim but I found out gonal f is 1/2 the price so I emailed her and asked if I could use gonal f instead and she said follistim is more user friendly but if I am comfy with the injections then I could use the gonal...well my sister is a nurse so she can inject me...woohoo for saving almost $400!!!!

Wow! Totally worth it! How nice that your sis is a nurse and can help you out!

Pam - GL hun

Great job on the savings! I believe that Gonal f you have to mix the medicine powder with the saline, and then inject it. I did this (or rather my husband did) very easily, after you get the hang of it. Some of the medications come pre-mixed, so maybe that's what your doc meant by user friendly. Also some of them come in a multi-use pen, so you just dial up the dosage and bam! its done. Never used them, but sounds cool.
Let me know what your doc says about EP, I'm, curious as to why very few of them try it with IUIs. Mine just told me that he was just not in the practice of adjusting too many variables for IUIs - if three of them don't work in a row then he moves right on to IVF. (Well sure, at $15K a pop, I guess I would too if I was him).

My lining on clomid was 3 and then on Femera it was 6.9- my doc said 7 was ideal but that the 3 with clomid was ok (didn't work anyway).
My nurse said I could take AlkaSeltzer Plus for my cold but probably because I have another week until my IUI. Hopefully it goes away soon because its starting to kick my butt!

So I had my second beta today -I went in yesterday but the lab had a huge line so I had to leave to go to work. It's was 229!!! :thumbup: (from 50 3 days ago). The nurse said that was good and the doc doesn't want to see me for another two weeks when he will do an ultrasound and probably hear the heartbeat. Two weeks? That's SO long....

Hello! Ladies,

I am new to this thread but have been stalking the board for a while. Hence, couldn't resist joining and share my details. You ladies are just awesome and so supportive. Hope I can join you gals.
Well, about me we got married Nov'09 and TTC for past2yrs with no success. I did my first IUI last thur 10/04 followed next day 10/05. Today I am 8dpiui w/o any symptoms at all not even lil cramps breast tenderness is too far to even talk about. I have already given up.
Our history no major fertility problem. DH sperms are perfect, I wasn't ovulating all my cycles so this time we did Letrozole, Gonal-f 75u, Ovidrel. I was told to take the Progestrone suppos. vaginally twice a day which I am currently on. The day we did IUI though I had 2 dominant follicles measuring 24mm and 22mm which I believe are lil much but my problem is the lining, I have a really low lining of 0.7 which my RE says is acceptable but from what I have read it is too low may be thats why I believe I am out for this cycle.
Anyone else is in same boat like me? I am so depressed really don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance.

Love u all & Baby dust to u
Hello pray4 me and welcome......

We are just two days apart cause I did my IUI on 06/10. I was on. Lomid for D2-D6 and took menopur injections D3,5,7,9. The trigger shot was 2 days before the IUI and I had pregnyl 2000 4 days after the IUI.
I have been on progesterone too morning and night.

Well about the feeling some times I feel bloated, crampy but I have learned to trust in God.

These are the same feeling associated with BFP and AF I don't want to think about it too much just trust in God nd keep praying.
:dust: to you and all the very best

So I had my second beta today -I went in yesterday but the lab had a huge line so I had to leave to go to work. It's was 229!!! :thumbup: (from 50 3 days ago). The nurse said that was good and the doc doesn't want to see me for another two weeks when he will do an ultrasound and probably hear the heartbeat. Two weeks? That's SO long....

Congrats KBrain! That is great news! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Ok, another question - all afternoon I've had a feeling like I really need to pee, even when I don't. Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->