October IUI Buddies

So I had my second beta today -I went in yesterday but the lab had a huge line so I had to leave to go to work. It's was 229!!! :thumbup: (from 50 3 days ago). The nurse said that was good and the doc doesn't want to see me for another two weeks when he will do an ultrasound and probably hear the heartbeat. Two weeks? That's SO long....

Wow! Congrats.. that is such good news. Yes 2 weeks is long when ur waiting for something :)

Ok, another question - all afternoon I've had a feeling like I really need to pee, even when I don't. Anyone?

That is called urgency and it's a sign of a urinary tract infection. It can also be a sign of pregnancy, i've read. I've gotten UTI's 5 of the past 7 months from bd'ing so much. If it continues a few more days or you get other symptoms (pain when urinating, fever, etc), you should see a doctor and get antibiotics. If you don't continue to have symptoms, then it might be nothing.

You can also drink lots of water and cranberry juice to try to ease the discomfort.

Good luck!

So I had my second beta today -I went in yesterday but the lab had a huge line so I had to leave to go to work. It's was 229!!! :thumbup: (from 50 3 days ago). The nurse said that was good and the doc doesn't want to see me for another two weeks when he will do an ultrasound and probably hear the heartbeat. Two weeks? That's SO long....

Congratulations! That is awesome!

I am officially 1dpiui and 2 days past trigger...

Feeling bit down abt this cycle. I only had 1 follicle.. but as of the day of trigger it was 17mm. I dont know why they didnt wait a day or two more..

Do you think this is too small? Will the trigger shot also give one more boost to the follicle?

Not having very high hopes at all.

Ok, another question - all afternoon I've had a feeling like I really need to pee, even when I don't. Anyone?

That is called urgency and it's a sign of a urinary tract infection. It can also be a sign of pregnancy, i've read. I've gotten UTI's 5 of the past 7 months from bd'ing so much. If it continues a few more days or you get other symptoms (pain when urinating, fever, etc), you should see a doctor and get antibiotics. If you don't continue to have symptoms, then it might be nothing.

You can also drink lots of water and cranberry juice to try to ease the discomfort.

Good luck!

Thanks - I don't think it's a UTI though, as both DH and I are on antibiotics (pre-emptive) as protocol for our IUI this month. I'm going to up my intake of water in case it is a symptom of the medication and see what happens.

Feeling bit down abt this cycle. I only had 1 follicle.. but as of the day of trigger it was 17mm. I dont know why they didnt wait a day or two more..

Do you think this is too small? Will the trigger shot also give one more boost to the follicle?

I actually just asked my nurse about follicle size this morning at my appointment. She said that anything over 15mm is good, and thinks 17 - 18 mm is optimal. I think you have a great chance!

Well first off, I only had one follicle my first IUI and my husband has a bad count and motility and I got a BFP that time. It is possible.

Secondly, if you triggered the day before the IUI it was probably more like 19mm by the time you did your IUI.

I know how bad the TWW is! I am going through torture right now but you gotta hang in there. Don't count yourself out yet. :)

@MrsT, what was your DH's :spermy: count and motility? Your story gives me hope since my DH has a low sperm count after a vasectomy reversal!!! (details are in my signature)This will be my first IUI so I am feeling kind of skeptical about whether it will work or not. Success stories are wonderful to hear!! Good luck with your current, cycle, I hope you get a BFP!!! :dust::dust::dust:

I'm sorry. I can't remember his numbers. I think the most he ever had on a sperm analysis was 11 million and that was a lot for him. It was usually much lower. But he had started taking care of himself and taking vitamins and eating better. That was when we decided to try the IUI. I don't know what it was the day of the IUI post wash though.

I was so shocked it worked the first try. We did B2B IUIs and the 2nd day he could barely produce a sample. It was just a drop but they still used it. I think IUI is good in male factor cases because it puts the sperm where they need to be. They don't have to swim far.

I always felt the problem was they just weren't strong enough to make the journey.

I'm sorry. I can't remember his numbers. I think the most he ever had on a sperm analysis was 11 million and that was a lot for him. It was usually much lower. But he had started taking care of himself and taking vitamins and eating better. That was when we decided to try the IUI. I don't know what it was the day of the IUI post wash though.

I was so shocked it worked the first try. We did B2B IUIs and the 2nd day he could barely produce a sample. It was just a drop but they still used it. I think IUI is good in male factor cases because it puts the sperm where they need to be. They don't have to swim far.

I always felt the problem was they just weren't strong enough to make the journey.

Thanks for the info!!! :flower: Fingers crossed that both of our IUI's work and we both get our BFP's!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Thanks Mrs T. My first IUI worked too.. only had 1 follicle..but it measured 21.5mm on day of trigger. But i guess i am comparing this time to last time..
I am hoping the trigger shot will give it one more boost

Wow! Congrats.. that is such good news. Yes 2 weeks is long when ur waiting for something :)

It really is Sweet Lullaby - it's like the tww all over again!:wacko:

Not at all - that's a good size. When the follicle size gets too big, there is a chance that it can release the egg before your IUI. Ideally you always want the sperm there waiting, before the egg is released - remember, the sperm can also hang out for a while and wait, while the egg doesn't have any time to wait. Also, the trigger shot acts to mature the follicle a bit also, so the size was likely bigger on the day of your IUI. GL!!!

What happens if follicles don't grow? I'm starting to get paranoid...lol

So I just had my iui! I think it went really well DH gave 74 million with 54% motility with an overall grade a. My dr said I had a ton of discharge (tmi) but that was a really good sign. Hoping that with my 4 follicles and his 74 million we will get our bfp this month! Here's to the longest 2 weeks

So I just had my iui! I think it went really well DH gave 74 million with 54% motility with an overall grade a. My dr said I had a ton of discharge (tmi) but that was a really good sign. Hoping that with my 4 follicles and his 74 million we will get our bfp this month! Here's to the longest 2 weeks

That sounds fantastic! Well, you've done ALL you can and so now it's up to nature. Good luck!! :thumbup:

Well I just fell down the stairs (don't worry - only left with a sore left cheek). This is just friggin great. If I wasn't worried about my chances before, I am now! :(

Good luck hun!!! I hope you get your BFP!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/GoodLuck_zps4473c47c.png

Well I just fell down the stairs (don't worry - only left with a sore left cheek). This is just friggin great. If I wasn't worried about my chances before, I am now! :(

Big Hugs to you!!!! :hugs::hugs: I am sure you will be just fine hun since you just hurt your bottom, and there is plenty of cushion!! I hope you aren't to soar!!! :hugs::hugs:

Good luck!

Thanks - I don't think it's a UTI though, as both DH and I are on antibiotics (pre-emptive) as protocol for our IUI this month. I'm going to up my intake of water in case it is a symptom of the medication and see what happens.

In that case, you're right, it's likely not a UTI. Feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->