October IUI Buddies

First try: Sorry your scan wasn’t what you wanted to see. I hope everything will work out anyway.

Ttc: Ugh! I hate nurses! Mine had trouble too. Ended up getting a longer speculum. Also, she is not gentle at all. My ultrasound was painful and my IUI was painful. I am glad you dr was able to come in and take over, mine was out of town, like always.

Sweet Lullaby: 481 means preggers?!? I don’t know anything about numbers because my doc hadn’t ever told me what mine were.

Kaimaka: hang in there. We are here for you.

KBrain3377: How are you feeling?

AFM: I haven’t been able to sleep. Also my knee has been bothering me. DH and MIL think I should go to the doc and have it e-rayed. What am I supposed to do? I am in the TWW and don’t want to kill the possibility of me getting a BFP and my baby being normal.

Hi Ladies!

So I took a much needed break over the weekend. AF came 3 days early on Friday. So I had my mini breakdown and skipped out on my bloodowork on Saturday since it was pointless but they called and made me go in on Sunday just to make sure. Even though I knew I wasn't. THe blood work came back negative and I am feeling better about it now verses saturday.

My DH took it really hard this time. I have explained what the dr said about the odds and the fact that each roach your odds go up and its doesn't mean it won't work. We have 4 trys. But he just feels like we are throwing away money since we are having no results. So we will not be doing another IUI this month. Between him not wanting too and my cycle coming early we were not prepared with the clomid so we cannot do it this month.

So I purchased the clear blue fertility monitor and preseed online and will try to use these this month. Since I am unexplained and all of our tests are correct I am hoping its just timing and that maybe we will have luck this month on our own.

I also need to make an appointment at my normal drs office, I am wondering if I have undiaganosed Dysmenorrhea. I get super sick during AF and have such horrible cramps I throw up or just cannot do anything and get no relief. In August I actually passed out due to them and had to be put on vicodin. From what I have been reading this can effect fertility. So I want to discuss this with my dr. It would be nice to actually no the problem so we can fix it and have a baby soon.

Well I hope you all had a lovely weekend and that some of you have received your BFP! :)

Sick as a dog with a terrible cold, and I'm in the TWW so can't take anything but a little Tylenol. I'm dyin' here! Can't breathe and my nose is sore from blowing. Wahhhh! :cry:

I'm 6 dpiui and I have increased white CM, and have read that is a possible early pregnancy sign. Apparently, the cervix creates a "mucus plug" to protect the uterus. I hope that's what I'm seeing!

Hi girls so I'm sitting here stuck in the house because the hurricane is hitting us here in NY and I'm sobbing because AF has arrived I just don't understand the concept of all of this it was our first iui and everything is always "great" according to the doctors I'm so sick of hearing that! I need a freakin answer! I am supposed to call them when AF arrives but can't call today or tomorrow because everywhere is being evacuated so I doubt they are in. I want them to give me more medication or do something :( I'm so so so sad I'm so angry with my body and life

Sick as a dog with a terrible cold, and I'm in the TWW so can't take anything but a little Tylenol. I'm dyin' here! Can't breathe and my nose is sore from blowing. Wahhhh! :cry:

I'm 6 dpiui and I have increased white CM, and have read that is a possible early pregnancy sign. Apparently, the cervix creates a "mucus plug" to protect the uterus. I hope that's what I'm seeing!

Fingers crossed for you!

Hi girls so I'm sitting here stuck in the house because the hurricane is hitting us here in NY and I'm sobbing because AF has arrived I just don't understand the concept of all of this it was our first iui and everything is always "great" according to the doctors I'm so sick of hearing that! I need a freakin answer! I am supposed to call them when AF arrives but can't call today or tomorrow because everywhere is being evacuated so I doubt they are in. I want them to give me more medication or do something :( I'm so so so sad I'm so angry with my body and life

:hugs: I understand completely. I hope you stay safe during the hurricane. My 2nd IUI just failed and I was told everything looked great as well. I have unexplained infertility and its just so frustrating that if everything looks great why doesn't it work. I am thinking of you! If you ever want to chat I am here

Kat - I hope you feel better. I had a really bad cold on my first cycle and it totally sucked!

AFM: The :witch: showed up this am. I'm heartbroken but I have to force myself to move on to the next cycle. Called the nurse today to let her know that it's my first day, so she cancelled my appt for tomorrow and we're going to just do the bloodwork with my day 3 check-up on wednesday. If I still have a cyst then I'm going to take a break. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted! As I am sure most of us here are.

:hugs: I understand completely. I hope you stay safe during the hurricane. My 2nd IUI just failed and I was told everything looked great as well. I have unexplained infertility and its just so frustrating that if everything looks great why doesn't it work. I am thinking of you! If you ever want to chat I am here

Thank you and I'm sorry that she showed up for you too :( I fall under that unexplained category also and it's extremely frustrating! I am here to chat if u need to also. Did u take medication? I tried 2.5 mg of femara and did ovidrel shot and still only had one follicle though so what's the point if I am capable of gettin that on my own u know? I prob won't get in to see the doctor either this week ugh

Oh Chris! I am so sorry to hear that. I too got AF today. It's heartbreaking, feels like I have to pick pieces of myself up month after month. The nurse reminded me today that the next cycle is going to be my last on iui because they don't think it will work for me at all after this. They suggested ivf to start with but we opted for iui first for personal reasons. We started adoption paperwork but was later told by the caseworker to put it on hold until we are done trying because if I get pregnant then our eligibility changes and we'll have to start over. :cry: Frankenstorm is not helping at all today either, we live in Washington DC. It is so depressing. DH went out in the storm to get me some chai tea from starbucks, I guess he's trying to cheer me up today. Hang in there! Prayers and :hugs: to you.

Oh Chris! I am so sorry to hear that. I too got AF today. It's heartbreaking, feels like I have to pick pieces of myself up month after month. The nurse reminded me today that the next cycle is going to be my last on iui because they don't think it will work for me at all after this. They suggested ivf to start with but we opted for iui first for personal reasons. We started adoption paperwork but was later told by the caseworker to put it on hold until we are done trying because if I get pregnant then our eligibility changes and we'll have to start over. :cry: Frankenstorm is not helping at all today either, we live in Washington DC. It is so depressing. DH went out in the storm to get me some chai tea from starbucks, I guess he's trying to cheer me up today. Hang in there! Prayers and :hugs: to you.

:hugs: I'm sorry that AF came! Aw That was so nice of DH what did they say is your problem? Prayers to u too

Ladies, I am so sorry AF showed! It's so frustrating and it seems to hard to find answers and move at a quicker pace. I hope the right answer is found for you both!

:hugs: I'm sorry that AF came! Aw That was so nice of DH what did they say is your problem? Prayers to u too

I have endometriosis and my right ovary has been removed. I'm not a good candidate for iui but we are still unsure about ivf. We have good insurance coverage for ivf. But we are praying for guidance and hoping that we wouldn't have to make a decision about it. Crossing my fingers for the 3rd iui. Hope we get our bfp next cycle.

hi! i also started iui 10/26! had 4 mature follies! dh post wash is 100 million! hoping for twins

I cVed and tested today 12dpiui and bfn. I could have sworn we got it this time. We had 4 good follies, 2 on each side, all the symptoms felt exactly how it did with my angel baby...but no two lines. I'm cramping like af so I'm just waiting for her to show her face in the next 2-3 days. I think next month will be our last iui and then we will be on our own because we can't afford IVF right now.

I have endometriosis and my right ovary has been removed. I'm not a good candidate for iui but we are still unsure about ivf. We have good insurance coverage for ivf. But we are praying for guidance and hoping that we wouldn't have to make a decision about it. Crossing my fingers for the 3rd iui. Hope we get our bfp next cycle.

Hey ladies - I thought I'd pass along the perspective that my RE gave me, with regards to IUIs. In his opinion (and I've heard other people in the field concur on this as well), IUIs give you the same chances as just timed intercourse, unless you have male factor issues. In some cases, IUIs work even less effectively than trying on your own, since the timing of the trigger and the IUI itself is crucial and so easy to be slightly off, and most people don't try enough on their own and rely on the IUI (which may or may not have been timed properly). So unless you have male factor issues, the only edge that the IUI gives you over trying naturally is the drugs that you're on, which ideally gives you more follicles and thus more chances. So ladies, don't be upset if your IUIs don't work right away or take more time - if you're more realistic about the expectations, I think it's easier to handle it. At least it was for me. In my case, we had no male issues, and my RE told me that I would get pregnant at some point - it just may take a long while and if I didn't want to wait that long, than I should try IVF. He thinks that too many people waste too much time, money and unrealistic hopes on IUIs, when it would make more sense to move on to IVF. I felt like he was pushing me into IVF, but if we had insurance coverage for it, I think we would have gone to IVF a long time ago since I was not willing to wait a long time for a baby. I think it's a personal decision for everyone, and should not be taken lightly. Good luck to all of you, and I'll be so excited for you to all get your BFPs!

Thanx KBrain. How are you feeling :) i like ur display pic :)

Thanks SweetLullaby! I'm feeling good, still pretty exhausted on a daily basis, with sore breasts, but at least the morning sickness has stayed away for the most part, so I'm not complaining. My DH laughs at me though, because I've always been a night owl, and I've been in bed by 10pm every night for the last month! Wishing you luck this month!

I cVed and tested today 12dpiui and bfn. I could have sworn we got it this time. We had 4 good follies, 2 on each side, all the symptoms felt exactly how it did with my angel baby...but no two lines. I'm cramping like af so I'm just waiting for her to show her face in the next 2-3 days. I think next month will be our last iui and then we will be on our own because we can't afford IVF right now.

Hope - I hope AF stays away. I'm keeping everyone in my prayers as I know how hard it is to get a bfn. :hugs:

Well I hope and pray for you too! Hopefully one day we will see that bfp

Hey ladies - I thought I'd pass along the perspective that my RE gave me, with regards to IUIs. In his opinion (and I've heard other people in the field concur on this as well), IUIs give you the same chances as just timed intercourse, unless you have male factor issues. In some cases, IUIs work even less effectively than trying on your own, since the timing of the trigger and the IUI itself is crucial and so easy to be slightly off, and most people don't try enough on their own and rely on the IUI (which may or may not have been timed properly). So unless you have male factor issues, the only edge that the IUI gives you over trying naturally is the drugs that you're on, which ideally gives you more follicles and thus more chances. So ladies, don't be upset if your IUIs don't work right away or take more time - if you're more realistic about the expectations, I think it's easier to handle it. At least it was for me. In my case, we had no male issues, and my RE told me that I would get pregnant at some point - it just may take a long while and if I didn't want to wait that long, than I should try IVF. He thinks that too many people waste too much time, money and unrealistic hopes on IUIs, when it would make more sense to move on to IVF. I felt like he was pushing me into IVF, but if we had insurance coverage for it, I think we would have gone to IVF a long time ago since I was not willing to wait a long time for a baby. I think it's a personal decision for everyone, and should not be taken lightly. Good luck to all of you, and I'll be so excited for you to all get your BFPs!

Hello and thank you for the info and congratulations on your bfp did u do ivf?

Ladies, I am so sorry AF showed! It's so frustrating and it seems to hard to find answers and move at a quicker pace. I hope the right answer is found for you both!

Thank you and good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->