October IUI Buddies

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! I am a little nervous about the HSG I am having Monday but very excited about my first IUI (even if DH thinks I'm jumping the gun). A week from Monday is my first ever follicle scan! Third round of Clomid, but now I'm seeing a doctor who is monitoring me much more closely. My other doc didn't even check progesterone levels after round 1!!

Jen, I'm sorry you are nervous about having only one good follicle — but it sounds like your lining is excellent!!! Hoping that third time is a charm for you. :flower:

Good news! My cysts are now small enough to proceed with an IUI this month! I've been told to stop taking The Pill (was keeping my hormone levels low so they would stop "feeding" the cysts) so AF can get going, then I go in on Oct 17th for a follicle check. IF the follicles are developed enough that day, we'll do the IUI Oct 18th.

I can't believe I am FINALLY at this stage! We've been testing and waiting to do this since July!

So glad to hear that your cysts are under control. Hopefully, everything looks great and you will have your IUI on Oct 18. What meds are you on, if any?

How is everyone else doing? Everything going normally?

Thanks, me, too! I'm starting Femara on Monday. I did Clomid in August. It gave me awful hot flashes, and I ended up with cysts in both ovaries, so I asked to be switched to the Femara. Though the doc swears I can develop cysts on either drug, at least I won't get the hot flashes (if what I read is correct). I'm going to do the HCG shot on the 17th if the follies are big enough.

Crossing my fingers that your 3rd IUI is The One! My nurse told me today that on average it takes 4 IUI tries from what she knows, so just keep trying!

At Sweet Lullaby about the back to back iuis,

I do have to pay for a second sperm wash.

I pay $1300 for the whole thing:

$700 for the cycle monitoring and procedures
$400 for the 1st sperm wash
$200 for the 2nd sperm wash

Does anyone else feel horrible the day of their IUI?

I always get the worst headache and sleep the whole day. Maybe from the trigger shot the night before?

I always get the worst headache and sleep the whole day. Maybe from the trigger shot the night before?

I was wondering that myself. Can I go to work the day I have my IUI or should I just schedule off that day and the next?

Some people go about their business as usual and it doesn't affect them at all. The doctor even says to go about your day normally but I can't. I don't know why but I have to stay in bed all day. I feel horrible after. And they say lying down doesn't help but my first IUI worked so I just want to do things the same this time.

Some people go about their business as usual and it doesn't affect them at all. The doctor even says to go about your day normally but I can't. I don't know why but I have to stay in bed all day. I feel horrible after. And they say lying down doesn't help but my first IUI worked so I just want to do things the same this time.

OK, thanks, MrsT! At my age, I don't want to take any chances! I should probably lie down all day or I'll shake all the "baby batter" the wrong way!.

Mrs. T, I hope you get another IUI BFP. I am also TTC after a loss, although my loss was 12 years ago.

I hope I'm not too wiped out from the IUI! It is my first one ever!

I was wondering that myself. Can I go to work the day I have my IUI or should I just schedule off that day and the next?

I went to work after my first IUI, but had to go home about an hour later because I got really bad cramps. However, other women don't have any pain.

Hello Ladies,
I am new to BabyandBump and I am so glad to be here.
Today is my IUI procedure and this is the first time. I pray it works out this first time and I would really appreciate if you all pray along with me.
I wish everyone TTC success.:hugs:.
1 hr b4 my procedure wish me luck.
Damie.:thumbup:

Hello Ladies,
Today is my IUI procedure and this is the first time. I pray it works out this first time and I would really appreciate if you all pray along with me.

Welcome, Damie! I hope your stay here is brief because you get your BFP this first time. My IUI will be tomorrow, so we can go through the TWW together. Others on this thread are on roughly the same timeline.

Hello Ladies,

My prayers are with you.

I wish you much :dust: !!!

Hello Ladies,

Hello and welcome! I'm rather new myself, and am looking forward to my first IUI around the 18th, so I know how you feel!

Best of luck today and tons of :dust:

Hi ladies, i hope you dont mind me joining in! My first iui last month failed so i will be trying it again this month. Af is paying her visit now and i will go to my RE Monday morning for my ultrasound and clomid script. Most likely i will be having my iui on 18-19th if i do the same protocol.

I went to work after my first IUI, but had to go home about an hour later because I got really bad cramps. However, other women don't have any pain.

I was in bed all day. I had bad cramps so I just slept.

Hi ladies, i hope you dont mind me joining in! My first iui last month failed so i will be trying it again this month. Af is paying her visit now and i will go to my RE Monday morning for my ultrasound and clomid script. Most likely i will be having my iui on 18-19th if i do the same protocol.

Sounds like we're about on the same IUI schedule this month if all goes right. It'll be nice having someone around going in for it at the same time!

Welcome hope and daime! I also am very new to all this. Good luck on your iui. Mrs.T how did your IuI go? Was it an easy process? I'm so excited for mine next Friday. I go thursday for an us to see how my follies are. :)

Damie I had an IUI on Oct 4th so we are pretty close together :) would love to have a buddy to chat with !

Welcome hope and daime! I also am very new to all this. Good luck on your iui. Mrs.T how did your IuI go? Was it an easy process? I'm so excited for mine next Friday. I go thursday for an us to see how my follies are. :)

Yesterday's was a bit painful. I guess my cervix was too closed or something so my doctor had to use some special tool to hold it open which really pinched it and hurt! But it was over quickly enough. Very light bleeding afterwards. The one today was smooth sailing. I didn't even realize he had done it and all the sudden I felt him pulling the speculum out. He didn't need to hold my cervix open like yesterday. (He had to use that same instrument on me for my IUI in June too. What is up with my cervix?)

I felt like hell after the IUI yesterday. I guess cause it was a rough one. I got a horrible headache and stayed in bed all day. I felt great after today's though. I ended up going to a wedding reception (dinner only) tonight and I was gonna skip it.

Good luck to you next Friday! :)

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"