October IUI Buddies

Hi Ladies - I'm a transplant from the July, August and September IUI threads (even though my IUI in September was cancelled.) I'm still following the progress of some of the ladies on here, so good luck to all of you!!!

Just finished another blood test... hopefully i start respondibg to the meds soon...

If i fall pregnant .. i think 12 weeks would be around Christnas time..
What a great Christmas news... oh i wish...how i wish :)

You are so right Sweet Lullaby. If we get out bfp's this month, we can think of fun, creative ways to announce to family and friends around Christmas! That would be amazing!

i go for my appointment tomorrow morning. do you ladies know if it is a "given" that you ovulate from every other side each month. so if last month my right ovary produced the dominant follicle, then this month it will be my left? or can my right produce again?

You are so right Sweet Lullaby. If we get out bfp's this month, we can think of fun, creative ways to announce to family and friends around Christmas! That would be amazing!

i go for my appointment tomorrow morning. do you ladies know if it is a "given" that you ovulate from every other side each month. so if last month my right ovary produced the dominant follicle, then this month it will be my left? or can my right produce again?

I don't think Mother Nature is that tidy. I think each month is a jump ball as to which follicle is going to dominate. From what I understand, most women have a dominant ovary which produces more follicles (mine is the right), but I'm not sure how that plays into where the dominant follicle is likely to come from each month.

Good luck with your cycle!

my FS rang me.. she said i now have to go for daily blood tests!! I think the meds are finally working.. woohoo..

Mrs. T: Sorry your first IUI was rough, but glad the second went well. I hope you are feeling better. Good luck in your TWW!

Sadangel777: I hope DH comes around. Mine was really nervous and felt weird about giving his sample, but he knew it needed to happen so we can try for our BFP. Good luck.

Sweet Lullaby: I hold out because I am terrified of a BFN. I went to the store to get some tests, and literally the second I stepped in the store I forgot why I was there. I got some milk and left. I couldn’t bring myself to go back. I am so glad you are getting close to your IUI! I hope it keeps getter better.

Damie: Good luck in this tww! Praying for your BFP!

First try: DH wouldn’t let me help either. I am glad you IUI went well, and DH’s numbers look good. I don’t know what my DH was before wash, but after he had 70 mill and 70% motility. Doc said they were both well about what was needed.

Zinny: Good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Hope: I was told that the thought of ovulating switching from month to month is a myth.

AFM: I am so nervous and scared. :sick: I don’t want to go to my BETA today. All the prayers I can get ladies would be so much appreciated. Thank you!

Karenh, you're going for your beta test today?! So exciting!!! Fx for you.

:dust:

Hey, guys...what's a "beta test"?

Hoping for the best for everyone who had their IUI this month already!

I just started the Femara/letrozole today. I feel like I can finally see the light at the end of the "waiting to have my first IUI" tunnel!

Fingers crossed that I develop nice, big, juicy follies!

Kat S I an so excited for you. Fx for you for rhis cycle.

P.S. Beta (BHCG) is a blood pregnancy test.

Hi ladies! I'm a little behind on giving updates and reading everyone's post. It looks like a bunch of us will have some time together during the tww. I'm glad we can all share our experiences and frustration during this time. Anyway, a little update on my 2nd IUI cycle. The bravelle seems to be working. I went in for u/s and bw yesterday and I have 3 good follies and my lining looks good. I did so bad with clomid last cycle, it only gave me one follie, thinned out my lining and gave me a cyst. So things are looking good so far, the cyst have shrunk and the nurse thinks it should be gone by tuesday which is my next appointment. Hoping for a bfp this cycle. Good luck to everyone and lots of baby dust!

Did anyone else have (or currently having) issues with DH willingness to give sperm? Mine is acting like I'm asking the world of him, as if he's never done 'it.' He also thinks I'm jumping the gun on IUI, that I'm too worried about getting pg and if I would just "relax" and "let nature take its course" then everything would work out. (I have been diagnosed as having anovulatory cycles.)

He makes me so mad. :growlmad: And sad. :cry:

I'm so sorry that your dh is acting that way. I don't think men understands what we go through sometimes. My dh is the exact opposite that he wants to go right to ivf without thinking of how it would affect me physically and emotionally. After seeing how the first iui went, he backed off a little. I hope things get better for you guys. Hang in there!

So, I'm officially CD1 today. Called the clinic and need to go in for first ultrasound on Tuesday. Yikes, have to leave home at 5 am to get there on time :( Hoping the stars align for us this month, as the earliest Hubby can be in town this month will be CD12...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Zimmy! Good luck and keep us posted!

Welcome hope and daime! I also am very new to all this. Good luck on your iui. Mrs.T how did your IuI go? Was it an easy process? I'm so excited for mine next Friday. I go thursday for an us to see how my follies are. :)

Yesterday's was a bit painful. I guess my cervix was too closed or something so my doctor had to use some special tool to hold it open which really pinched it and hurt! But it was over quickly enough. Very light bleeding afterwards. The one today was smooth sailing. I didn't even realize he had done it and all the sudden I felt him pulling the speculum out. He didn't need to hold my cervix open like yesterday. (He had to use that same instrument on me for my IUI in June too. What is up with my cervix?)

I felt like hell after the IUI yesterday. I guess cause it was a rough one. I got a horrible headache and stayed in bed all day. I felt great after today's though. I ended up going to a wedding reception (dinner only) tonight and I was gonna skip it.

Good luck to you next Friday! :)

I hope you're feeling better MrsT. Good luck this cycle and hope you get your BFP!

Good Morning Ladies! Just wanted to see how everyone was doing. Hope you all are doing well, and keeping strong. Everyone have a blessed week.

Hi girls,

Can I join in? I am in my early 30's and this is going to be my first month doing an IUI. I am going to do an ovidrel/trigger shot and clomid. My DH is in his early 40's and has a low sperm count due to getting his 14 year old vasectomy reversed. I had surgery on 08/29/12, hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and lap to make sure my second fallopian tube was open, and it was so I have 2 open tubes, But the Dr discovered mild Endometriosis and scar tissue, and he removed it during the surgery. I am in tip top TTC condition right now. :thumbup: My only concern is that over time the Endo/scar tissue might return so I am trying to make the most of my cycles following my surgery so my first step is my first round of IUI. Wish me luck!! :thumbup:

Hi girls,

Can I join in? I am in my early 30's and this is going to be my first month doing an IUI. I am going to do an ovidrel/trigger shot and clomid. My DH is in his early 40's and has a low sperm count due to getting his 14 year old vasectomy reversed. I had surgery on 08/29/12, hysteroscopy to remove a polyp from my uterus and lap to make sure my second fallopian tube was open, and it was so I have 2 open tubes, But the Dr discovered mild Endometriosis and scar tissue, and he removed it during the surgery. I am in tip top TTC condition right now. :thumbup: My only concern is that over time the Endo/scar tissue might return so I am trying to make the most of my cycles following my surgery so my first step is my first round of IUI. Wish me luck!! :thumbup:

Wishing you all the best and welcome......:dust:

Hey everyone! So I went for my ultrasound today and had 2 eggs around 16 mm. The doc told me we needed to wait two more days to come back and do another ultrasound because they were too small and needed to be 20 mm. But the last two months, a different doctor told me to go ahead and both times they were under 20 mm so I'm kind of annoyed! Were the past 2 months wasted on eggs that weren't ready yet? Just wondering what you ladies have experienced with this. My IUI is scheduled for Friday now so just have to wait a few more days!

Thanks for the warm welcome girls!!! :hugs::hugs:

Good luck and baby dust to all of you girls doing IUI this month!!! Fingers crossed we get lots of BFP's this month!!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

@Laura, unfortunatly this is my first IUI cycle, so I don't know much about the follicles and what size they need to be, but hopefully one of the other girls can tell you and will know....

My first ultrasound to check follies and bloodwork is scheduled for 10/17/12 early in the morning. Wish me luck!! :thumbup:

Welcome wannabeprego! How exciting you must be!

Laura R I also I'm doing my first IUI on Friday. We will be in the TWW together! Praying for everyone to get a BFP!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->