Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

I'm sure Sophia is fine! Sometimes I have/had to be quite 'rough' with Sophie because her wind can get really stuck.

It's so not nice worrying about things though no :(.

Are you honestly doing the elimination communication? It looks really interesting, but I don't have the patience for it I don't think!

Oh fuck no. :haha:

It's interesting, but she'll do it when the time comes.

Hope Sophie sleeps ok tonight Lauki.

Don't worry Whit, I'm sure you haven't hurt her! Babies are tough. But potty training already??! Crazy!

Hah I wish.

Do your babies do funny faces when they poop? Maria squats and grunts, its hilarious.

Yep. Corrine gets very VERY red in the face and grunts. I can clearly tell when she is pooping.. but not always on the peeing. I have heard that some babies shiver when they pee, but I haven't seen it.

EC really isn't potty training. It's you reading their cues and taking them to a toilet. In order for a child to be potty trained they have to have bowel and bladder control. An infant doesn't. They don't get that until 12 to 18 months.

I do think though that EC is a GREAT way to save money on diapers and is even a good bonding tool.

EC sounds like too much work and cleaning for me

I thought in one of the first few pages one of the ladies said her baby did have the bowel control.

Either way, Don't think I'd have the patience to try it at such a young age.

Babies don't have bowel control or bladder control until they are at least 12 months.

https://ezinearticles.com/?Bowel-Control-Of-Your-Babies&id=1075493

I could find a better article about it.. but I don't feel like it..... lazy today.

Haha it's ok! I believe you.

I'm lazy and grouchy today.

I do agree though that it is interesting......and that I don't have the patience for it.

I think my OH makes too much money to get the EITC..... as a teacher... yeah. Supporting three people on his salary. He's obviously a millionaire. :roll:

non-joke question - i think i have on undissolved stitch. is that ok or should i go to dr?

Dare I ask where? :blush:

Still kind of paranoid that I hurt her in some way when I was burping her.

Sorry I haven't been on too much, been worried about that and oh yeah, I'm teaching her how to potty train at the moment.

I think to hurt a baby you have to do it fairly deliberately. They are fairly sturdy. oh and I can't believe she isn't potty trained already.

yep, Avery puked lunch up. She wasn't even out of her highchair. Kept her 1 pm bottle down, puked up half her last bottle. What's my chances with dinner?

Sure, it can activate mania.

Lithium is so hard on the body. Have you tried Abilify? I actually took it as an add on when I was really sick and was mind blowing depressed. I liked it.. but it did make me fat. That was why I was so chubby when I got pregnant(that and steroids).. usually wasn't that size.. and CERTAINLY not this size usually.

As for what your spouse said... no offense, but F him. I remember some of the things he has done... he isn't exactly a little angel either. Don't let him pull that shit.

Thing is I'm bipolar 2 so I don't get full blown manic, I get hypomanic episodes, but nothing too bad. Just usually have a harder time sleeping and things like that.

I usually get a lot of side effects. I tried a few other drugs when trying to decide if I could go cold turkey for pregnancy. I don't think abilify was one of them. It's usually an add on to others and with pregnancy and breast feeding she wanted at most 1 drug in my system. Is it horrible to say I'm not depressed enough to risk getting fat? Is that bad? I was usually on a very lose dose of lithium, not even in the "therapeutic range" according to blood tests.

Thanks for being on my side. Course you only hear one side of the story... :dohh: I try not to listen to when he says crap like that, but then I question how bad I've really been... And then of course he's yelling at me about that shit in front of the baby and the baby is just staring at him, then he leaves the room and I'm sitting there crying adn the baby is starting at me then not knowing what to do. I never want to fight in front of him, but my husband will usually yell at me with him in the room. (never hits or anything, just yells and cusses.) I kept saying it's not just me, it's you too, but he would hear none of it. I don't know. He's working overtime out of town tomorrow and spending teh night and I am so happy he'll be gone. It's hard on me when it's just James and I, but honestly I'd like to be alone with just me and the baby for a couple days (go see my parents things like that) than have to wonder if I'm being horrible or not.

Maybe you should go back on them then if its making things so hard, but I guess the coming off period can have a bad effect and if you wait a bit longer things might improve?
I wish my OH would try something but he won't :( We even got a new prescription and picked it up but then he wouldn't take them.

The only thing I can think of is if you're desperate to have him try them a) tell him it's something else like a vitamin or b) treat him a kid/dog crush them and put them in his food. Horrible I know, BUT I remember some of the stuff on things you can't say aloud, and if things get bad maybe a little trickery wouldn't be the worst thing? If both of those sound horrible (which if he finds out he could get super pissed) then I'm just sorry. Cause if it would really help him and he's not willing to try for you or your child then that makes me sad :hugs:

I don't think it's been too hard on me, but my dh making those comments makes me wonder if I should go back on them. BUT if it's been 2 MONTHS like he said then I was on them 2 months ago and even a 1 month ago, so stopping them wouldn't be what made the difference. :shrug:

Sure, it can activate mania.

Lithium is so hard on the body. Have you tried Abilify? I actually took it as an add on when I was really sick and was mind blowing depressed. I liked it.. but it did make me fat. That was why I was so chubby when I got pregnant(that and steroids).. usually wasn't that size.. and CERTAINLY not this size usually.

As for what your spouse said... no offense, but F him. I remember some of the things he has done... he isn't exactly a little angel either. Don't let him pull that shit.

Thing is I'm bipolar 2 so I don't get full blown manic, I get hypomanic episodes, but nothing too bad. Just usually have a harder time sleeping and things like that.

I usually get a lot of side effects. I tried a few other drugs when trying to decide if I could go cold turkey for pregnancy. I don't think abilify was one of them. It's usually an add on to others and with pregnancy and breast feeding she wanted at most 1 drug in my system. Is it horrible to say I'm not depressed enough to risk getting fat? Is that bad? I was usually on a very lose dose of lithium, not even in the "therapeutic range" according to blood tests.

Thanks for being on my side. Course you only hear one side of the story... :dohh: I try not to listen to when he says crap like that, but then I question how bad I've really been... And then of course he's yelling at me about that shit in front of the baby and the baby is just staring at him, then he leaves the room and I'm sitting there crying adn the baby is starting at me then not knowing what to do. I never want to fight in front of him, but my husband will usually yell at me with him in the room. (never hits or anything, just yells and cusses.) I kept saying it's not just me, it's you too, but he would hear none of it. I don't know. He's working overtime out of town tomorrow and spending teh night and I am so happy he'll be gone. It's hard on me when it's just James and I, but honestly I'd like to be alone with just me and the baby for a couple days (go see my parents things like that) than have to wonder if I'm being horrible or not.

No- I told my Doctor the same. Told me I wouldn't gain weight but I did.

It always takes two... you can't argue with yourself.. well, you could, but that would be uber creepy.

No- I told my Doctor the same. Told me I wouldn't gain weight but I did.

It always takes two... you can't argue with yourself.. well, you could, but that would be uber creepy.

I used to have a neighbor that argued with himself. It's weird to watch.

Sorry some of you guys are going through so much with depression issues. I have a friend who is currently suffering very badly and medication doesn't seem to be helping her.

off to try and feed Avery again. Wish me luck.

Maybe you should go back on them then if its making things so hard, but I guess the coming off period can have a bad effect and if you wait a bit longer things might improve?
I wish my OH would try something but he won't :( We even got a new prescription and picked it up but then he wouldn't take them.

The only thing I can think of is if you're desperate to have him try them a) tell him it's something else like a vitamin or b) treat him a kid/dog crush them and put them in his food. Horrible I know, BUT I remember some of the stuff on things you can't say aloud, and if things get bad maybe a little trickery wouldn't be the worst thing? If both of those sound horrible (which if he finds out he could get super pissed) then I'm just sorry. Cause if it would really help him and he's not willing to try for you or your child then that makes me sad :hugs:

I don't think it's been too hard on me, but my dh making those comments makes me wonder if I should go back on them. BUT if it's been 2 MONTHS like he said then I was on them 2 months ago and even a 1 month ago, so stopping them wouldn't be what made the difference. :shrug:

He'd notice, he's very aware of side effects and things. What we really need to do is get him a medical cannabis prescription as that actually does help him without the side effects but I don't think they prescribe it for PTSD here which sucks.

Good luck with the feeding Neko!

Maria actually sat happily in her high chair the whole time I washed the dishes - that never happens!

Neko - Good luck feeding and keeping it down!

MD - i agree very creepy.

Nat - Can you think of something else besides ptsd that he may qualify for? Look up what they offer it for and make it look like he has it?

Hmm yeah, maybe they would give it for his bad back. He fractured it a few years ago and its been really bad ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->