Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Thanks ladies! I crochet (not a knitter) and it took me about 2 hours! I've made stuffed animals and baby blankets.

Ciana - both my doctor and I think med free should be given a chance since I seem to be doing well. (And I am all for meds.) I'm hoping all the hormonal changes have maybe made my chemistry different enough that I may not NEED them, at least for a while. Hopefully you can find something to kill the ear infection, I had tons as a kid and hated them! So miserable!

On James' half birthday (day he turned 6 months) I gave him pears (I steamed them and blended them). He was ok with them. Tried carrots (HATED THEM). Tried rice cereal (hated them). Will try again (hopefully tomorrow) on pears again. Maybe a month older he'll like food more! Hope Sophia likes food more than James did!

I can say that I've never smoked cigarettes or done illegal drugs (pot included). I still think pot should be legal!

YOU CROCHET?! Do you take orders? ;)

Sophia won a cutest baby contest and won a crochet Santa's hat. I want her to have more!

Well, She's been eating jar food since the day she turned 5 months. Started with rice (loved it), then on to peas (loved them) carrots (loved them even more) green beans (not so much) sweet potatoes (favorite) and squash (loved it - but I think it upsets her belly)

She is just so interested in our food still, I was wondering about giving her finger foods, too. I like the idea of crackers. Do you break them up or give them whole? What about the salt on them?

What about these things?
https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Finger-Zwieback-Toasts-4-Ounce/dp/B000FPKX34

Corrine watches us too, but I am a chicken shit and I'm afraid she'll choke.

Interesting! I never know what to do. Some of the boxes I've looked at say "crawler".

I thought about giving her some of our pasta tonight, but didn't know if I should :dohh: This website has made me afraid to do anything!!

(except for you ****s, you encourage my bad decisions ;))

Corrine was gagging on a jar of "textures". It had squash an apples in it and it had the consistency of pulp like orange juice. I don't know if it was because it did have texture or because she didn't like the taste.

My mom keeps telling me to get these because apparently they melt in their mouths:
https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Gradu...1_20?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1326686800&sr=1-20

LOL haven't taken orders yet... I should have made him a santa hat!!! I'm so sad now I didn't think of it!!! Oh well. I haven't done anything creative since before he was born! Felt really good, feel like I accomplished something.

My godson enjoys the gerber finger foods like MD showed above because they dissolve so well. I personally am afraid of choking until he has more teeth and chews, but I'm a wimp. I just want him to eat purred foods first.

whit - how early was Sophia born? (I can't figure it out from her adjusted age)

LOL haven't taken orders yet... I should have made him a santa hat!!! I'm so sad now I didn't think of it!!! Oh well. I haven't done anything creative since before he was born! Felt really good, feel like I accomplished something.

My godson enjoys the gerber finger foods like MD showed above because they dissolve so well. I personally am afraid of choking until he has more teeth and chews, but I'm a wimp. I just want him to eat purred foods first.

whit - how early was Sophia born? (I can't figure it out from her adjusted age)

Me too. Like I said, I'm a chicken shit about it.

Does anyone's babies fight them when they brush their teeth? Corrine is okay with me brushing her bottom teeth, but when I brush her top teeth she tries to get away.

James fights the top teeth too. We just started though. I use theone that goes on my finger. I hold it up to him and he stares at it then puts it in his mouth himself. I let him chew on it then brush his teeth until he squirms and then we start all over. His top teeth are still pretty new so i wonder if it hurts him more to brush them?

Phia doesn't have teeth yet. I think it's coming though. She's been a grump the last few days and can't chew on enough.

She was born at 37+3.

Corrine got her first two bottom teeth at around Sophia's age.

Spunky- That is exactly what Corrine does... and I use the finger brush too.

Mmm I'm from the country where pot IS legal and I'm against it. (The Netherlands)
But that's probably more because it's so strong it has to be smoked with tobacco (probably a tobacco:pot = 5:1 ratio). So basically it might help some ailments, but then you risk things like cancer and such, so I don't really see the point.

Also, I've seen WAY too many friends change because of drugs. I've lost friends and relationships because of it, so obviously I'm a bit biased. So yea, maybe for responsible people I would understand. But then who is to judge who is responsible?
It's still a drug and it's still very very addictive (even though people say it's not, that's proper bullshit).

Crochet is cool. I love the look of crochet things, especially hats. I'm a loser though. I've only made Sophie a blanket.

Little monster slept really well last night. Bed at 6.40, up at 1.15 and had some milk, then up at 4 to come in bed with me and didn't wake till 6 for the day.
More things to worry about now though, her overnight nappy (12 hours she had it on) was virtually dry. I think she did 1 pee and it was quite yellow. She's till not taking proper feeds and completely off her solids. So back to the doctor again I suppose!

It doesn't have to be smoked with tobacco its just that it'd cost a lot to just smoke it pure. Smoking it is not good for you anyway though, if people use it they should eat it or use a vapouriser - that way you don't get the harmful smoking stuff.
It is psychologically addicting (as anything can be) but not physically (like tobacco and alcohol are). Hehe sorry - been studying up on it a lot cos of my OH. Not a fan of it myself, just makes me sleepy.

Great hat spunky :haha:

Maria fights me brushing her teeth too.

Spunky, those hats are GREAT! I have only skimmed read a few pages, saw the topic was about goldfish so skimmed over some more...hope no one announced something serious amongst it lol!

Re-weighed T, shes 19lb 2. So not quite the fatty I had previously thought so I had better cancel the delivery of a hoist.

:haha:

I wonder how much Maria weighs now, she's starting to feel heavy. Or maybe I'm just getting weaker.

I forgot you can consume pot in different ways ;). Just, like I said, I've seen the stuff change people and that's what scares me about it!

My husband thinks I should get one of those beanie hats :haha:. He loves everything about breastfeeding. Probably because it means he never has to feed her :rofl:.

Getting Sophie weighed this week I think, see how she's now after being so poorly.

No teeth here yet, but I'm pretty confident she's gonna hate me brushing her teeth. I'm never allowed to even look in her mouth to check if any teeth are coming through, she goes completely mental at me when I try! Not looking forward to teeth :(.

Maria won't let me check either :dohh:

Yeah my brother changed too but its not the same with everyone of course.

Lauki, I just love men who are pro-breast feeding :) My OH is very passionate about breastfeeding, so much so that he didn't (for a while) want to acknowledge that I had to give up. We just didn't have that conversation for a month or so.

Weed- I can tell an avid weed smoker from a mile off. People who regularly smoke tend to slooooow down, their movements and brain activity tend to be sluggish even if they haven't smoked that day. As its both a stimulant and a depressant most people on it veer towards the depressant side.

Jeeze, for the 1st time in a long time T is refusing to nap?! Goddamit! May just leave her to whine (not full on cry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->