Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

I blame the Netherlands for me getting high. :haha:
That's where I was the first time I did it. :rofl:

I agree that it can change you but I think it depends on the person - kind of like alcohol.

Is Sophie feeling better now? I hope so.
I wish Sophia's teeth would just pop through. I think she would feel a lot better. :dohh:
I hope baby T goes down soon!

Last time I went to the Netherlands I was still an innocent child who just wanted to ride her bike, no getting high for me!

I almost got ran over by a bicyclist :| those things are no joke!

Oh dear!

I am cleaning today. Well I was, now I'm sitting at the computer with pic n mix while Maria makes everything dirty again.

I'm jealous of the little ones with top teeth. Avery's didn't come in on top until 11 months.

She's still puking from all the coughing. Part of me wants to take her to the pediatrician. The other part of me remembers all they tell you is use saline drops and a coolmist humidifier. :nope:

Steamy shower might help.

I'm debating getting a regular steam vaporizer. They don't recommend using them anymore for safety reasons. But that's really what was available when my son was little and sick. It works way better.

No teeth here! I had teeth by 3 months, OH on the other hand had no teeth until almost a year but then got 8 at once with relatively little discomfort so I am kinda hoping that shes inherited the easy late teething gene.

If it worked for him then why not

Because my baby is going to climb out of her crib and scale her bureau and tip over the hot water. Or atleast that's what I'm made to think by the pediatrician. :haha:

LOL about the vaporizer! James had one with his cold helped him so much!! But he is a lot less mobile than Avery. Is there no where safe you can place it so she can still benefit? I would totally tip it over on me if there was candy on it too!

Jessica - That's a nice hope for T's teeth! We're so lucky James has come through relatively well teething! The only bad thing is once he started teething he started waking up once or at most twice a night for boob (don't know if comfort sucking or hungry). And that's it. Seemingly no other issues. My husband says he's the best teething baby he's ever known. I'm sorry you had to stop BF and are sad about it :hugs: You did what was best for T. My husband is very supportive of BF, though he sometimes does regret not being able to help feed him, and I would love a break sometimes. My mom regrets not being able to help give me a break so that my husband and I can go out. There are benefits to both, which I know you know.

Sometimes I wish I would stop breastfeeding but I dunno how else to calm her down!

My kitchen clock stops whenever the room temp drops below 18 - why is this?

I'm sorry you had to stop breastfeeding too if you weren't ready for it yet! That must be tough. I can't imagine having to stop now. But if it was giving Sophie more trouble than good, there would be no choice. I wouldn't continue just for me.

Sophie is much better. She pulled herself up to standing today on her walker toy and I've decided she's way too young for that :(.
She's still got a cough and a snotty nose, but she's on the mend. She's smiling and eating again, so all good signs!

I agree with Jessica about recognising weed smokers easily. A lot of my friends were daily smokers and I could really see how slow they became over time. It took a lot of 'fun' out of them iykwim.. They just wanted to smoke instead of going out doing fun things. I also lived around the corner of a Coffee Shop. Which is not where you drink coffee, but where you buy drugs :haha:. So I've seen plenty of them stoners!

I hope Sophie will teeth easily as well. She's still waking up twice at night, so I think that's plenty ;).

My MIL is now hinting that now Sophie is a bit older she could look after Sophie for a few hours, but luckily she's not hinted yet that she thinks I should stop breastfeeding, because I won't :haha:. And we get on really well, so would really hate this topic to make us fall out with each other.

Spunky- Ava had a Christmas Crochet hat, and a monkey crochet hat like the ones on etsy , my mom made them, they are so cute!!

I don't have a problem with pot, I am more pro- pot because of my husband and other family member, rather than taking a drug commercially made, why not do something natural, I try to do most things natural so I rarely believe in medication , it has some bad side effects and serious long term affects!!

I agree it is about how you smoke it, I have never heard of it being 'too strong' I also have never heard of it being smoked with tobacco, the only way I know it is smoked is out of a vaporizer :shrug: I didn't know there were other ways to do it, I am not 100 percent educated on the methods of consuming :haha:

I also don't think.. no offense. That pot would change a person durastically as Nat said it is not physically addicting. I agree it could make the person more relaxed, and not so high strung LOL- but who wouldn't want that affect.

I don't smoke it, as it makes me super tired, and lazy. As a mother - that wouldn't suit my day taking care of a baby.

I think Pot should be legal if alcohol is. There are more murders/ domestic violence because of alcohol than there is over pot.... just my opinion.

but do i think it is a drug?... nah.. its a plant! oh natural. :haha:

LOL about the vaporizer! James had one with his cold helped him so much!! But he is a lot less mobile than Avery. Is there no where safe you can place it so she can still benefit? I would totally tip it over on me if there was candy on it too!

Avery hasn't gotten out of her crib yet. In fact I only dropped it to it's absolute lowest setting last week. This crib goes waaaay low. I'm thinking I'll stop after work if she's not getting better. The cool mist vaporizer is crap.

There's no candy in Avery's bedroom unless she's hiding it on me. Or her brother. He ate her mini M&M's last week. :dohh:

Lauki, I'm glad your daughter is feeling better. This time of year is so rough with all the viruses going around.

Nat, what kind of clock is it? Maybe you need a new one. In my kitchen I have a clock on the stove, a clock on the microwave and up on the wall a battery powered analog clock. I always know what time it is. :haha:

Whit- At 6 months, you can start to pretty much offer anything finger food wise.

Ava liked to eat whole strawberry, canteloupe, papaya pieces, and watermelon being her fav. (make sure these are BIG pieces so they don't choke.

We gave ava pasta at 6 months, just basically cut it up really teeny tiny, as the big noodles she would gag on at first... now she eats whole noodles, and everything under the sun.

Do you have baby arrowroot cookies where you are from? Those are perfect for her age. And do give gerber banana puffs a try - only kid ava will eat and she LOVES them. :haha:

but do i think it is a drug?... nah.. its a plant! oh natural. :haha:

Yeah, we're expected to eat plants all the time. :haha:

I'm seriously boring and have never tried pot. So I don't have much opinion about it.

forgot to add. I use a steam humidifer... on a high shelf. ..those cold ones are crap.. but tthey do work for my son who has asthma.. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->