Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

that is hilarious but i would be mega pissed off too jess ! I have had hpv to my shame :-( jess, im still boobing her to sleep at the moment. If she wakes while i tiptoe to her cot she screams blue murder. And she often wakes ur about half an hour after going to bed. I always then boob her to sleep again and alwa if she wakes at night. I an determined to start the sleep training next week on thurs. Eek. Gonna try pupd i think. Its crap that she cant fall asleep on my own but i accept that her sleep association with boobing is my fault.

Jesus.... don't be shamed.... I just got lucky. I fully expected to have HPV. Everyone has it. Like 1 in 4 women.

I was worried I would have a positive HIV test but not because I had it but because I have an autoimmune disease and the Elisa looks for antibodies. I had an Elisa when I first got sick and then again when I got pregnant. Came up negative when I was pregnant. Did you know that women that have children can have a false positive HIV test? Having a baby can put antibodies into your bloodstream causing the Elisa to come back positive.

Besides... HPV can dissipate to the point where it can't be picked up on a pap smear.

I am a first time mum, I have no idea about anything. I just bumble along. I always post "don't worry, babies will be ready in their own time" but really.....I am just commenting off my own experiences where my LO DID just grow out out of certain traits and needs. I now think that maybe allowing your LO to do what they want up to a point is good, but past say 6 months, it becomes VERY difficult to break certain habits.

When I gave birth I luckily had my cousin for guidance and she's really down to earth. She told me the things she WISHED she had done were to get the baby used to a bottle young, breast feed as long as possible, get the baby self soothing, get your evenings back and definitely to get the baby to self amuse. I did all of these as best as I could but not strictly, barely consciously for some. Really glad I did!
Yeah the first few months were a little rough with T having terrible gas, but since then its been a pretty easy ride. I wouldn't say that the easy ride came solely from my parenting skills either, I think a lot of it is down to the baby. Makes me nervous when I have my next baby because I wont know how to replicate whatever I have done with T!!

So maybe 'sleep training' IS necessary. I think sleep training before 3 months is a waste of time, but between 4-6 would make some sense as it saves a whole lot of hassle later on.

I have never had and STD or STI. I fooled around with my first boyfriend, but my husband is the only guy I've ever had sex with.

Jess - that's hilarious that your dh went to so much trouble to ask for a beer! I would be so annoyed/violated if my husband came on here, I share everything other part of my life with either him or James, this is mine! :growlmad:

I think I've ruined James.
1) he gets boob to sleep. BUT we've found if he's tired he can be walked to sleep by dad or grandpa.
2) He has a rash all over his tummy and I didn't notice! I put lotion on his tummy and legs yesterday, so I don't know if that's it, gave him banana for the first time this morning. He was in the same fleece footsie as yesterday could have been that. I feel like a crap mom. BUT it looks like a heat rash. So his fleece footsie trapped the moisture from his lotion and we have kept him too warm?

Oh well, babies are sensitive, right?

Spunky- nice that you saved yourself for your husband (deliberately or not) although at the time the idea wouldn't appeal, it kinda does now. Its quite romantic :)

I would have had sex with my first boyfriend to keep him, but he refused, I really think he's gay. He saw me naked, but only ever took his shirt off around me. :shrug:

I'm glad it worked out that my husband is the only one I slept with. Never realyl thought about saving myself, but it worked out well.

Spunky- nice that you saved yourself for your husband (deliberately or not) although at the time the idea wouldn't appeal, it kinda does now. Its quite romantic :)

It IS really romantic.

If I had it to do all over again........I'd probably sleep with even more doods. I can't lie. I'm a skank.

Who would have thought sex would kill this thread?

I have taken a year off from my work (HS teacher). Now they want to know if I'm coming back in AUGUST. I haven't planned on it, and I think we'll be ok if I don't work financially. Plus I wouldn't know who would watch James. BUT I am so hesitant to tell them I'm not coming back. I wasn't happy at my job for the 5 years I worked it, but I loved a lot about it, just knew it wasn't going to be my career. I like the idea of having a safety net though. I would have to go back in August or lose my tenure (so I'd have to apply again as a new person and start all over). I know I'm not going back but it's hard to let go... Does that make sense? My husband is like just say no, you know you're not going back. I would like to either have another job (teaching online, I'm going to apply this month) or be pregnant again (so there would be no point in working next year if I were due Oct/Nov) as an excuse, but really I just need to give it up.

Sorry I'm rambling, I know there are much bigger worries in life than this...

Who would have thought sex would kill this thread?

I have taken a year off from my work (HS teacher). Now they want to know if I'm coming back in AUGUST. I haven't planned on it, and I think we'll be ok if I don't work financially. Plus I wouldn't know who would watch James. BUT I am so hesitant to tell them I'm not coming back. I wasn't happy at my job for the 5 years I worked it, but I loved a lot about it, just knew it wasn't going to be my career. I like the idea of having a safety net though. I would have to go back in August or lose my tenure (so I'd have to apply again as a new person and start all over). I know I'm not going back but it's hard to let go... Does that make sense? My husband is like just say no, you know you're not going back. I would like to either have another job (teaching online, I'm going to apply this month) or be pregnant again (so there would be no point in working next year if I were due Oct/Nov) as an excuse, but really I just need to give it up.

Sorry I'm rambling, I know there are much bigger worries in life than this...

Not rambling at all.. I can understand what you're saying. i was lucky that I wasn't working and I didn't have anything to worry about... I can see what you're saying... especially being a teacher. Losing that tenure would be hard... but I can see wanting to stay home with bubba..... of course.

I guess you're going to have to just bite the bullet and come clean.

Yeah, the thread has died a bit. Maybe I need to post something else ridiculous?

I'm a bad mom, tv is on most of the time in my house.... My husband and I should start having tv free time. When we first moved we had a lot of tv free time and it was nice, but during the day I went a little crazy... I do need to start having tv free time during the day too. It's background for me. I still talk to him, but when he's napping on me I'm not just going to sit here with my thoughts or I would get depressed pretty fast.

The TV thing is a suggestion or recommendation. There really IS no evidence that TV does damage.. it's the parents not paying attention to the children that's more of the problem. I think that if you keep your kids from TV great.. if you don't so long as you aren't using TV as a constant babysitter then I think that is fine too.

Remember- BFing is recommended too.. and so is your baby sleeping in a crib, and using a sippy cup at 6 months, and potty training between 2 and 3 years of age. Recommendations.. not rules and people need to really stop treating it like it's written in stone. Nothing regarding parenthood ever is.

Whit- I am sort of going through the same thing, I am WAS really close to my mom, but she totally 1 yr ago picked her boyfriend over myself, and all her other kids!!! i cannot believe she picked her bf.. im overly hurt I don't even want to speak to her, all that I can say is.. I put forth my best effort...

Just wanted to let you know im going through the same thing this very fucking minute. It sucks.. to think my mother ..of all people hurt me like this. Bullshit. :growlmad:

My MIL is a total fucking ****. I am not kidding. I hate her guts and I hope she comes on here and reads this one day. She is selfish piece of shit.,,,,glad I got that out!!!

MD- I agree with you these are not RULES.. like if you don't do these things by this time, then your a shit parent or your childs a failure.. or blah blah blah They are fucking CHOICES.. I hate people.. :rofl:

Nat- Very good you called the doc.. now did you make the apptmnt? When is it hahaha- I need to make sure you GO :haha: I know you and your excuses buttercup!!!!!!

Cat lover- I sadly have had cervical cancer... stage 4+ And recieved 6 bouts of radiation.. my hair was falling out I dropped 37 lbs... and it was nuts. I don't wish it on my worst enemy. Anyways- hate talking about those days...

I have also had the LEEP procedure done 3 times, and Cryosurgery done coming up 2 times.

I had ANOTHER colposcopy come back ... pre cancerous so I go for cryosurgery next week bleeeh.

Jess- I can tell you right now from experience of having 2 kids. My first Mason , he was a breeze I was a first time mom just like you and I was scared shitless.. I had no idea what I was doing but thankfully I had a sister who educated me on everything, and to be honest my husband and I raised him very well!! Sure there are things I would of done different with him, but I mean I agree with you , the easyness comes from the baby not just parenting skills.....

I am the same parent.. with Ava and she is so far from an easy baby its rediculous.... I often wonder if shes so 'difficult' to me , because my first was an easy child. Either way raising her is not as easy as Mason.. there are all new scenarios... new behaviours, like until you have 2 kids you don't realize how different each child can be.... they are also alike in so many ways, but its dealing with 2 different personalities.. 2 different little people.. its insane and amazing at the same time!!!

Lamguage talk
- I was born in Italy so I know Italian as my first language, and I of course studied english.. I suck at grammar.spelling on the computer unless its something important.. I basically just get my thoughts out.. thats all that matters to me...
FUCK SPELLING AND GRAMMAR :rofl:

That was ALOT of reading, and writing.. im now too tired to do my own update on my journal.. :rofl:

Damn you people posted a ton since I left work.

YAY! No puke today! I think she's finally getting better.

Ciana, Avery is way different than her brother. He was easy, slept good, didn't walk until 14.5 months, ate good. Avery is nuts. Runs around the house all day long, grabbing everything she shouldn't, doesn't want to eat, doesn't want to nap. You can parent them the same, but babies definitely have their own personality. Sorry to hear you've had cervical cancer. :hugs:

Sippy cup at 6 months? Crap, we're way behind. Avery is taking her baba to college.

Neko - thx.... hahah yes we are on the same page with the children.. how did you feel when you first realized Avery was a hellion? I was soo stressed.. even as a baby Ava was just colicky screaming.. very needy/clingy... it was hell..

Now its same attitude but im used to it :haha:

She was a very sleepy newborn so I had no idea what I was getting into at first. But she never fed well and always wanted to be held if she wasn't sleeping. She's not a screamer, she's a whiner. It's very grating.

The whole whirling dervish, destroying my house thing didn't start until 7 months when she learned to crawl cruise. I thought babies are meant to lay like lumps until 10 months. :haha:

I thought that too until mason took off at 7,5 months, shit I was shocked, panicked. :haha:

At least Ava is waiting to walk, although crawling does cause its fair share of destruction!!!! hahaha

Does anyone on here use Video baby monitor? Mine fucked up tonight, and I freaked out thankfully... it was just a signal problem.. I was panicking how I would sleep without looking at her on the monitor...!!! (only cuz shes sick... im not obsessed :rofl:)

Ava still has a temp tonight, so im going to wake her up and try to offer her some fluids, poor kid , she seemed okay before bed.

Ill read all replys in the am...

Night Bitchezzz!!!

Bitches? I am so not a female dog. :cry:

I hope Ava starts feeling better tonight. **hugs**

My baby is a little darling who never causes me a moment problem. It's because I raise her so perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->