Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Urgh she better not eat her own poop, I'll be sick

Wow! Not much to catch up on, but such a variety of topics!

Ciana - I'm so sorry about the cancers you've had and the treatments you have and still will go through. My grandma died of lung cancer a few years ago (not that that has anything to do with you!). By the time they figured it out though there was no treatment for her, just making her comfortable. How wonderful that you've been strong and fought it!

Nat - You're falling apart! I hope your back feels better soon, tell OH he has to pick her up all day! :haha:

Lauki - Going to see family soon! Woohoo! Are you all ready to go? James' hunger cue is fussy (though it's a mix of hunger and sleepy) or he boobs his head on my boob - trying to eat through my shirt, or he just starts pulling at my shirt to get to food himself! He's actually getting better at it -at 3 months his hands just got in the way, now I'm a little worried he'll strip me in public!

Jessica - Congrats on the 5lb loss! So jealous! You been working out or just chasing T? Oh all people on the thread I'm sure you were the one that needed to lose 5lbs the most! :winkwink:

LOL I"ve known a baby that took a bite out of her own poop...then spit it out and CRIED! And her dad went and got gloves and a bucket and cleaning supplies and handled it like it was hazardous waste... James pooped in the bathtub last week for the first time. Ugh. Good thing I'm not in charge of baths!

I am indulging myself by watching 'Masterchef'. God I love this program. I actually did a little jig when I saw it was on LOL!

Had a 'yummy mummy' meet today. Lots of babies. Was very nice. T snogged a boy (already a little hussy) tsk tsk. She also crawled across the pub floor. Amused me quite a lot, I wanted to see how far she would go, but in the end had to go and retrieve her because it was obvious she wasn't going to stop LOL!

OK ladies what do you feed LO? I am a pretty shit cook but I try to do something like beef or chicken with veg and potatoes for dinner and she has porridge for breakfast. I have recently introduced lunch, which is usually fruit and a yoghurt or something. But I don't wanna give a yoghurt every day as they have so muh sugar.... what do you ladies do? And hpw much should they eat, like is fruit and a yoghurt enough at lunch? Aargh damn weaning. Also, I know they say LO should have what you have from about 9 months but what I have is quite often ready meals, pizza etc so she can't have that???

Gah. Maybe I will post in BC too, as you are probably all good cooks

I'm a crap cook, I'm worried about this too. My doc just said to blend whatever we're eating for James minus salt and spices. I eat pizza and ready meals a lot...

Spunky, did you try James on food again? How did he do if so?

Lauki, if you go to account settings and then security it's the very last thing on the menu.
Do you not say bring and take in Dutch? lol

Jess, I think the 5lbs you lost - I've found. They've been located on my ass.

Nat, poor thing! I'm sure there will be interesting pictures of Maria if you can't get to her quickly of a hurt back. Ya know, eating wood, soot, probably her own poop. :haha: :winkwink:

According to that thing on Facebook I'm not logged in from a place 120 miles from here, so I wouldn't trust it too much :haha:.

We do use bring and take in Dutch, but I always say the wrong one in English. I use bring when it's take and take when it's bring ;)!

Lauki - Going to see family soon! Woohoo! Are you all ready to go? James' hunger cue is fussy (though it's a mix of hunger and sleepy) or he boobs his head on my boob - trying to eat through my shirt, or he just starts pulling at my shirt to get to food himself! He's actually getting better at it -at 3 months his hands just got in the way, now I'm a little worried he'll strip me in public!
I've not packed anything yet ;). But tomorrow MIL is coming over to play with Sophie while I pack. So it should be easy. I only have to bring clothes and the baby monitor really. My dad has everything in the house for babies (including a cot) as my stepsister has a son 3 weeks older than Sophie. So that's brilliant!

OK ladies what do you feed LO? I am a pretty shit cook but I try to do something like beef or chicken with veg and potatoes for dinner and she has porridge for breakfast. I have recently introduced lunch, which is usually fruit and a yoghurt or something. But I don't wanna give a yoghurt every day as they have so muh sugar.... what do you ladies do? And hpw much should they eat, like is fruit and a yoghurt enough at lunch? Aargh damn weaning. Also, I know they say LO should have what you have from about 9 months but what I have is quite often ready meals, pizza etc so she can't have that???

Gah. Maybe I will post in BC too, as you are probably all good cooks

I'm a rubbish cook. Often she gets jars, because that's different food everyday. We only have a tiny freezer, so I can't freeze much food either.

She hates yoghurts though :haha:.

Maria usually has weetabix for breakfast, sleeps through lunch, has what we're having for dinner (meat and potatoes or rice usually) and porridge for supper. And lots of snacks.

Geesh.. you guys talk to much.

Lauki- I have this problem too. Corrine no longer tells me when she is hungry so I will just feed her every four hours. She really has no cues anymore. What else can ya do?

To all- I am also a loser who is addicted to FB and I wouldn't deactivate it.. or at least it would have to be pretty bad. I will delete someone though and I actually have blocked all of OH's family..:dance:

Cooking- I can cook food that TASTES good but isn't good for you. Like I'll make a alfredo sauce with ridiculous amounts of butter, cream, and cheese... it tastes great, but you'll gain ten pounds from it. So, I kinda have the same concern.... BUT... Scott does cook so I might get a pass on this issue.

What else.. Jessica has lost 5 pounds... A. from where, you didn't even look pregnant when you were... and b. I hate you, but in a loving way. Just insanely jealous.

Ciana- I am somewhat aware of some of your health problems- I Didn't know you had chemo and I couldn't imagine... :hugs:

What else what else.... Sapphire... yeah, you're pretty ornery... so welcome!

I think I got everything- I gotta put Corrine in front of a TV while I go drink a hot chocolate and take a bath while she cries..

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!

cat lover and whit - James is still all about the boob. We have tried foods, but he doesn't hasn't seemed to like much yet. I tried giving him some banana yesterday and he gagged as soon as I put a TINY bit in his mouth. I let him play with some and that's all he did, play, not eat. We're not forcing it yet... I've only tried fruits (pears & banana) veggies (carrots and green beans) and cereal (with breastmilk) and he's not a fan of anything. I'm going to try pears again cause he tolerated that the most. Sorry I'm no help cat lover. Have you looked in the weaning and nutrition section yet?

I love cooking with loads of butter and cream and cheese. At the moment I add creme fraiche to everything, even toast :rofl: I never put on weight though. I probably have worms or something.

Nat: I love food.. and unlike you it shows. It runs in the family I'm afraid. My sister used to steal and eat sticks of butter when she was a kid... butter, cheese, and cream are so Delicious...

Spunky- I think if he doesn't want he doesn't want it. I wouldn't force it either.... Corrine comes from a long line of pigs so she was all about eating.

I WISH I had worms for at least a little bit!!!

:rofl: is it wrong that I thought the same thing.

When I got sick a year ago I lost 60 pounds in 6 months... and then when I could eat again.. HOLY SHIT.

MD - Oh my family is a family of eaters, we're all overweight and LOVE to eat. That's what ALL of our family gatherings revolve around. James' baptism? What are you serving afterwards?! Really? I used to eat butter... THat's why it's such a surprise that he wont eat!!

I wouldn't want to be ill for 6 months, and I don't have 60lbs to use... Can I do ill for 2 months and lose 20lbs? I think I"d be cool with that. Well, depends on how ill as I take care of James... I was on an antidepressant when I was young that made me lose 10lbs and I looked sickly and felt like I was going to throw up all the time, wasn't fun come to think of it....

Sophia is trying to crawl. :nope: Sad mommy moment.

She doesn't even roll front to back or sit completely unaided on the floor. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->