Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Its true what the others have said, sometimes there is nothing you can do other than cuddle LO, she will fall asleep eventually. What happens if you rock her? Or does she fall asleep when you take her out in the pram? And don't worry, I'm sure you didn't hurt her. I'm sure I have picked LO up more roughly than necessary before when she has been screaming the place down

It SUCKS when they are overtired, I always give in and offer boob but am trying to stop, god knows how I am going to manage that.

I bought the Elizabeth Pantley books, must get round to trying them....

Lol, this thread cracks me up! Can't keep up with the posts though!

I'm going to bed, undoubtedly when I wake there will be another 20 pages of absolute shit which I have to trawl through. :haha:

I'm going to bed, undoubtedly when I wake there will be another 20 pages of absolute shit which I have to trawl through. :haha:

hahahaha yeah, the americans really get cracking once we go to bed :haha:

Thanks ladies. :cry:

I just feel so bad. She doesn't even understand what's going on, REALLY. :cry:

It actually kind of freaks me out that I got MAD at her, you know? :cry:

I've gotten mad at Maria before, I think its pretty understandable when we're sleep deprived and stressed. Sometimes you just gotta wait it out til they're so exhausted they can't stay awake any longer - I think sometimes there's just too much going on in their little brains for them to switch off. If its any consolation, Maria is still wide awake too, playing in her cot while I wait for her to fall asleep so I can go wash.

whit - James has been really difficult the last month and has just now started getting better again. :hugs: don't beat yourself top much.

Does anyone else's LO have RH negative blood? Corrine is O-.. and Scott is A+ and I am O+. It took awhile to figure out how this happened.. but anyway.

We tried to find out where negative blood comes from... and all we found was all this shit on the internet. Like my baby is a reptile or a product of a line created by Jesus.. or she is a space alien.

I'm serious. Look up negative blood types and you'll see the crazyfest I'm talking about.

Anyway, does anyone have a RH negative baby? Just curious.

I'm totally going to Google that later! My husband and I are both A+ so I just assume James is too. Thought they'd have to match.

How do you know her blood type?

They tested her cord blood when I had her. You're the second person I have had ask me that. I thought it was normal to blood type a baby. I guess not?

Can't post tonight. Toddlers & Tiaras is on. I need ideas for Avery.

MissDeeDee, Avery is RH positive, but genetics are weird. DH and I are both A+ and so is our son. Avery is O+. We must carry a recessive gene. I think it's typical in the US to blood type at birth.

The only real problem with being RH negative for a woman is having babies. If her partner is RH+, then she will need to have shots.

Maybe your baby is a space alien. https://*****************/alien-smiley-7414.gif

Can't post tonight. Toddlers & Tiaras is on. I need ideas for Avery.

MissDeeDee, Avery is RH positive, but genetics are weird. DH and I are both A+ and so is our son. Avery is O+. We must carry a recessive gene. I think it's typical in the US to blood type at birth.

The only real problem with being RH negative for a woman is having babies. If her partner is RH+, then she will need to have shots.

Maybe your baby is a space alien
. https://*****************/alien-smiley-7414.gif

That really IS something they say on the internet. That and that she is a lizard.. I also saw (and this is actually true) that it comes from the ancient Celts and that the Basque people have the highest concentration of RH negative people. Indo-European apparently.

When we found out we were surprised and I brought it up to the nurse right before we left the hospital she told me that Scott must have negative blood. When I told her he didn't she sucked in air and looked away like I was a candidate for Jerry Springer- or for you UK ladies- Jeremy Kyle. It was pretty funny. I'm a reformed slut thankyouverymuch!

Corrine's doctor explained that I had a recessive negative allele(I found out from my dad's side) and Scott I knew had one (his mom is A-).. so we both gave her our recessive RH factor. Doctor said she only had a 25% chance of being RH negative.

I know about the pregnancy thing. I also have the MTHFR mutation. I hope she didn't get that and the RH negative blood.. but if she did, what ya gonna do?

Whit :hugs:

I have gotten mad at Ava before. The age Sophia is at is in my eyes the hardest age, they just don't know what they want, and then the no sleep, thats enough to drive any mother mad!!!

Don't worry about getting mad, not like she will remember and trust me there are going to be times she will get mad at you , its ok to get mad/frusterated, just take a break when you do ... collect yourself and go at it again...

I can remember right now Ava that age, and me calling my DH at work screaming my face off that I could not be a mother to AVa.. I could raise Mason... but couldnt deal with her... and I was upset day in day .. breakdowns all the time to the point I thought I had VERY delayed PP...

But .. just turned out I had a very very stubborn colicky refluxy cranky baby... she was REALLY cranky/clingy until we switched over to whole milk last month. I swear to god.... it was the formula causing the uproar.. and I don't know how many fucking different ones we went through.. it was insane!!!!

Anyways got carried on... I just want to let you know.. that that age made me go mental too so no worries... f inally 6 months I got more used to it,.... but she would still make me go godamn crazzzy until she pretty much started to crawl.. and do her own thing!!!

:hugs: :hugs:

Md- That Rh blood type stuff.. is just too much for me.. for once.. I have nothing much to say :rofl:

Furious at OH for giving her a bottle that was 2 hours old. :cry: how worried should I be? :cry::cry:

Uhmm.. I am not 100 percent because I have never given one over 1 hr old... but I am sure she should be fine, if something were to happen I am sure it may be vomiting? I donno...

I wanna say don't worry... was the bottle in the fridge? or just left out?

Just watch her, but I think she'll be fine...did he just not realize?

I think she will be fine too.. I mean there is not much you can do , she has consumed the milk, and its going to come out one way or another...

I would tell him to be careful though esp leaving it out because the bacteria levels are insane.. i did a course on rapid growth of bacteria and yuck....

It only happened one time though... and honestly... everything should be okay!!! :hugs:

She may have tummy problems tonight though... excess gas... and so on... just because the milk was sort of 'bad' i guess...

but we have all done it I am sure.. i fed ava a bottle that was an hr old.. and she vomited it back up... I soon realized what time the clock said , and it had been a while :dohh:

I know about the pregnancy thing. I also have the MTHFR mutation. I hope she didn't get that and the RH negative blood.. but if she did, what ya gonna do?

Have to ask: Is that the MoTHerFuckeR mutation? If so that would ROCK!

DivineBeauty - LOVE your avatar.

whit. - sorry I don't know about bottles :hugs:

I feel like a shit mom. My mom told me that if we used teeth while BF she would flick us in the cheek. I felt James' teeth, gave him a look, felt them again, flicked him in the cheek and pulled him off and he CRIED! I gave him to my husband to comfort him and he put him in his saucer 3 feet from me. He just stared at me and CRIED!!! So I picked him up after 2 minutes since his dad said he wasn't going to pick him up until he was done with dinner since we were punishing him! So I picked him up and hugged and rocked him but he wanted comfort and for that I always give him boob, but I didn't want to reward him with boob! So I rocked him until my husband was done with dinner and took him to get ready for bed. He's now nursing and almost asleep, but I feel so bad... :cry: I promise next time I feel teeth I will just say no and take him off the boob. :cry: I hope he still loves me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->