Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Yes please, tell us!

Sophie had a spoon of ice cream the other day! Call Social Services!

Ugh.. I can treat my baby sometimes.. She's not getting 6 rusks a day! She's had 1/2 one in her whole life!

My husband does change James, just doesn’t like to play with him as much. When he knows I’ll be gone for a while he will strap James in a carrier and walk him. But In the evening he wants to visit with me instead of give me a break so he’ll do things like follow me around (while I’m loading the dishwasher/going through mail/taking a shower)while holding the baby even if the baby is crying. He doesn’t know what a proper break is while I’m here. I was upset last night, just worn out from the day and thought changing the baby twice and getting him ready for bed was enough to help out for the day and then he could just take care of himself (showering) without regard to what more he could do to help. I couldn’t shower because it’s right next to the baby’s room while he’s sleeping. I seem to only get to shower while the baby’s in the room with me (either I have him in his saucer while it’s just us) or my husband will bring him in to talk to me (BUT I’ve started locking the door to prevent this!!). Sorry, I’ll stop complaining now! I really do love him, just some days I want more help.

Neko - :hugs: sorry avery wasn’t feeling well. Avery’s old enough to eat M&Ms, nothing wrong with that! What’s the emergency????

Lauki – James gets up about 8:30 and doesn’t nap again till about 11 or 12. So I guess 3 hours? Then a 2ish nap and a 4ish nap (but most of these are at most 45 minutes, usually only about 20-30 minutes.) Keep rubbing in how wonderful your husband is!!! No, we wont smoother you in your sleep.

Jessica – AWESOME for the crawling! BC does seem less relevant, which is why I LOVE this thread! It is inbetween BC and Toddler Club 

Whit- that is the best fist pumping picture! For sitting I would just have James on my lap and hold his thighs, he’d lean against me if he needed to but holding his legs was a big help while having him work on his balance. LOL about your cousin and whether or not the baby is cute. My husband and I were looking at newborn pictures the other day and are, for the most part, ntnp now. Though if I don’t like him enough ot sleep with him some days I don’t know if that counts :haha:

My guilty pleasure was Jersey Shore, but now we don’t have cable. Love hating them!!!

What's a rusk????

A rusk is a baby biscuit but it's got (quite some) sugar in it. Which apperently is horrific to give to your child every once in a while!

I just let Maria loose with the sugar bowl :haha:

I am sitting here with a dummy in my mouth trying to figure out whats so great about them.

WHAT'S THE EMERGENCY?!?!!?

You're an awful mom for giving your child anything but milk before she's a year old, duh.
You can watch JS on mtv.com the day after the episode comes on. :haha: I can't help it, I like Vinny. A lot. :blush:

Sophia is such a daddy's girl. My OH is VERY helpful, makes me sad for the ones that aren't. Keep in mind, he does have his days but he loves to interact with Sophia. Of course when he's doing so I'm cleaning or cooking him dinner. What's a shower?! :haha: Sophia naps in our bed right next to the bathroom so I can't shower while she naps, either.

Picture, please. Of you with the paci in your mouth.

She needs me to bring her home a manilla envelope. Yep, it's an emergency. She wouldn't hang up when my work phone started ringing either.

Avery is over a year. How much sugar can she have now?

OH, wanted to tell you how my morning was after I got off of here. So, I went to wash bottles, washing washing washing, talking to Sophia in her jumper, yadayada. I was trying to keep her up longer so she might nap a little longer, fingers crossed. Anyway, I gave her paci to her because she was starting to fuss a little and I was almost done with the bottles. Okay, finish up, go to get her out -went and got her favorite blankey to put her in her swing with. Oh Sophia, you stink lets change your diaper first. She pooped. EVERYWHERE. I pulled her onesie up and it was ALL UP HER BACK. Gross poop. Like, Carrot and Pea poop. Toxic smelling. Wonderful. So, had to give her a bath. Let's just say she stayed up an extra hour or so :dohh:

Keep your fingers crossed for a long nap!

ewww.... I hate up the back poo. It ruins clothes. Avery needed an emergency bath last night, poop running down her legs. She was wearing brown pants!

I hope Sophia takes a nice long nap so you can.

TBH, it sounds like your husband needs a kick up the arse!

Haha an envelope!!! Priceless emergency!

Lauki, LO has had ice cream on quite a few occasions :blush:

Do you guys not worry about allergies? I guess if they've had milk they've had dairy, I'm just a paranoid freak.

no pictures!

She can have a shitload of sugar I do believe.

Hope she naps well Whit

Do you guys not worry about allergies? I guess if they've had milk they've had dairy, I'm just a paranoid freak.

There's been research now that delayed introduction doesn't stop allergies.

I didn't give Soph wheat or gluten or anything before 6 months, she just had vegetables, fruit and potatoes. But now she has everything apart from honey, runny eggs, undercooked meat and whole nuts!

My husband does change James, just doesn’t like to play with him as much. When he knows I’ll be gone for a while he will strap James in a carrier and walk him. But In the evening he wants to visit with me instead of give me a break so he’ll do things like follow me around (while I’m loading the dishwasher/going through mail/taking a shower)while holding the baby even if the baby is crying. He doesn’t know what a proper break is while I’m here. I was upset last night, just worn out from the day and thought changing the baby twice and getting him ready for bed was enough to help out for the day and then he could just take care of himself (showering) without regard to what more he could do to help. I couldn’t shower because it’s right next to the baby’s room while he’s sleeping. I seem to only get to shower while the baby’s in the room with me (either I have him in his saucer while it’s just us) or my husband will bring him in to talk to me (BUT I’ve started locking the door to prevent this!!). Sorry, I’ll stop complaining now! I really do love him, just some days I want more help.

TBH, my DH has not been particularly helpful with either of my kids. Sometimes he comes home at 9 pm and doesn't even see either of them. I don't know what it is about men. They seem to think children take care of themselves.

Whit, I have no history of allergies in my family. So it's not something I'm really concerned about. If your baby had a dairy allergy, they wouldn't be on regular formula or you wouldn't be able to eat dairy while breastfeeding.

I'm pretty sure Maria is allergic to eggs, I cut eggs out of our diet again and her eczema started to get better then I had a fry up and it got worse

I really want a fry up now :dohh:

If I let her, she'd eat a shitload of sugar.

It was hysterical yesterday. I had 3 M&Ms in my left hand. I put them one at a time in my right hand so she could eat them one at a time. After she was done, she was clawing at my left hand thinking I was hiding the candy on her.

I don't let Maria eat sweets but only cos I don't want to share

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->