Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

:rofl:.

Btw, love the envelope emergency! :dohh:.

I don't let Maria eat sweets but only cos I don't want to share

That's my problem. Avery always wants to eat everything I am eating. I never should have given her that first M&M on Christmas. Poor kid is going to be addicted for life.

Of course an envelope is an emergency!!!

Thanks for the support ladies, it's good to know some are in the same boat I am.

A shit load of sugar? Sounds like my diet. I swear I'd lose tons of weight if I switched sugar for veggies, but I'm addicted to sugar!! I too don't want to share with James.

I started feeding James real food the day he turned 6 months, only boob before! (so proud I never had to give him formula - nothing wrong with that! we just had some family issues come up that I was worried I be gone too long and he'd need food, but I was never gone long enough). He had pears for 3 days, carrots (boy did he hate those!) 3 days, a tiny bit of green beans and tried to give him rice cereral. only the pears were mildly effective. Gonna wait another week and try food again. Nothing wrong with being a boob man a little longer, right? Everyone's pressuring me to feed him real food but he doesn't like it yet!

Nothing wrong at all Spunky! I'm sure he'll eat when he's ready!

^^ Exactly. Bethany is the opposite, greedy mare, she wolfs down everything!!

I'm disgusted you're feeding your SON from your boobs for that long. It would be totally different if it were your DAUGHTER. :roll:

:rofl:

Give the man his boobs! I'm sure he'll eat when he's ready!

What do you put into Sophie's sippy cup? Her DR said I could start using one with her if I wanted but I think it's kind of odd to put formula in it?

And Sophie. For lunch she had half a big jar, then some organic carrot puffs, then she ate lots of my lunch pasta. Then for dinner the rest of the jar and a whole banana custard (which made her pull funny faces as it was quite sour, but she loves sour!).. Then she had some more carrot puffs. Little piggy!

I'm really starting to think now. Is it really THAT bad for your baby to have some sugar? Surely in a lot of things you have natural sugars from fruits etc.? She also has some wholemeal banana porridge in the morning. I'm starting to think I do something wrong now.

Surely it's impossible to avoid ALL sugar until whatever age. Plus I really don't always feel like cooking for her. Sometimes I just want to give her a jar, especially when out and about!

LOL. thanks ladies. My mom just keeps telling me it's HOW I'm trying to feed him and what I'm feeding him and I'm doing it wrong, and surely he must want food (my family is overweight from all the food we enjoy!). Just wears on you. I will keep giving him the boob even though it offends you!!

What do you put into Sophie's sippy cup? Her DR said I could start using one with her if I wanted but I think it's kind of odd to put formula in it?

Before 6 months I boiled water and cooled it and she drank that. Now she drinks water straight from the tap :).

She is a crazy baby though. She loves water :haha:.

I don't see anything wrong with some sugar, so long as it isn't their main source, I think they just don't want babies to have too much. If they're eating other things, then I wouldn't worry!!! Fruit has TONS of sugar and they encourage that, so I see no problem.

LOL. thanks ladies. My mom just keeps telling me it's HOW I'm trying to feed him and what I'm feeding him and I'm doing it wrong, and surely he must want food (my family is overweight from all the food we enjoy!). Just wears on you. I will keep giving him the boob even though it offends you!!

There's quite some cultures where babies aren't even weaned unto solids until 1 year old. You can always keep trying him on tastes of what you're eating (UNLESS THERE'S LOTS OF SUGAR :ROFL:) and you'll find out what he likes that way. Sophie always nicks my food.

I don't see anything wrong with some sugar, so long as it isn't their main source, I think they just don't want babies to have too much. If they're eating other things, then I wouldn't worry!!! Fruit has TONS of sugar and they encourage that, so I see no problem.

Obviously I'm not giving her 16 ice lollies for dinner ;)!

But yea. I'll just keep giving her puddings if she wants, I think it's only natural sugars from fruits.

Don't feel like you're doing anything wrong. Don't you know all of the mothers in BC do everything PERFECTLY?!

I'll give Sophia bites of stuff when she's a bit older.

You know what my dr told me when I had GD?

Your body can't tell the difference between sugar in fruit and the sugar in a candy bar.

Obviously the fruit would be a better choice, but i'm just saying.

Everything in moderation, I have NO problem with LO having a little bit of sugar. I do, after all lol! Bethany is a big fan of Wotsits, shoot me now (not sugary but unhealthy all the same)

Lauki, I give jars sometimes, no way can we cook every f*cking day. These days they have all the necessary nutrition - probably better than what I can do TBH!!!!

Spunky - well done on 6 months EBF, thats something to be proud of. Even though I find it incredibly offensive, of course.

Whit, hows things with OH?

Do any of you ladies BLW?

Just a question. I see a lot of the BLW parents saying "ohh can you imagine there tummys" and stuff like that when it's mentioned starting weaning before 6 months. When you BLW, do you start that at 6 months? Wouldn't it be better for their bellies to be transferred into real solid food slowly instead of going from milk to whole pieces of food?

Oh, I got over it. It's hard for me to stay mad at him. :haha: although I just wish he would be a little considerate of me more often, and i'm still a little upset about him giving Sophia that bottle. I don't know if he just didn't realize it had been that long or what. :growlmad:

We tried BLW, but Sophie actually wants to get stuff in her tummy and it really takes a while for them to learn. And she's too damn impatient. Plus I think it's lovely bonding time for her and her daddy. Plus I think purees is the natural thing. I'm pretty sure cavewomen prechewed their babies food or gave them mush. Next to the ocasional meaty bone to suck, but I give Soph fingerfoods too.

I don't know. Each to their own, but I can not stand the attitude of some women on here saying that purees means forcefeeding! I've never forcefed Sophie. She opens her mouth really wide and dives for the spoon. If she's not interested or full, she will turn her head to the side (or just scream :haha:).

You can BLW at 6 months. I started TW at 5 months aned she has finger foods as well now, bit of mix and match. I preferred the idea of TW TBH, seemed more gradual.

Whit - in UK they say you can leave a bottle out for up to 2 hours so I wouldn't worry - I've done it plenty of times :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->