Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Hopefully be able to request an aisle seat. But there's lots of technical faults on their website atm..

I put Soph down when sleepy next to me on the sofa now and she sleeps there. She has been asleep since 9.30am and it's now 11.05 I never had to soothe her back to sleep or anything.

I love Elizabeth P! The one thing I disliked was how she said that it was so important for babies to nap longer than 45 minutes for their developtment. And it reaaaaaaaaaaaaally stressed me (and Sophie out). When I finally made peace with the fact Sophie was a catnapper, about a month later she started sleeping longer. I think it just had to do with age..

She did however help me from going to having to nurse Sophie laying down in bed and staying with her for at least 30 minutes before sneaking out to now nursing her in my bedroom and then walking to her bedroom and putting her down to sleep with most nights no problems at all.

Obviously some nights when she's overtired or poorly she needs extra cuddles. But it gave me the techniques to work with.

Do you put her down awake? LO screams fucking blue murder unless put down fast asleep :dohh: I have really fucked something up in the early days I think to make getting her to bed such a nightmare :cry:

Maria goes to bed awake now but I had to give her dummy back :dohh:

Naah, I cuddle her. During the day with her dummy, at night she doesn't need it.

Then when her eyes begin to drop I can put her down and 19/20 times she goes straight to sleep. Sometimes I need to shush and hold her hand.

It's quite nice!

Maria is napping outside right now, hopefully for longer than yesterday! I raced around dragging her on the sledge then laughed at her trying to walk in the snow so hopefully that tired her out :haha:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE!!! Hope its a good one... you sure planned Averys b-day and yours close together LOL... :haha:

nat- don't feel bad about the dummy... Ava has hers back too.. it was just to difficult.... I know I was the one that supported ya through taking it away .. haha but we had a fail too... blaaaah

I dont know how to soother her otherwise!!!

Thanks guys. Not happy about getting older but it beats the alternative.

No, Avery wasn't meant to be born until a week after my b-day.

My baby never took a pacifier. It made her gag. Shame though, she's high strung and can use one.

I posted this in bitch club too..

Ava is teething big time, she is full of drool red cheeks and irritable.. with swollen gums...

She is coughing when she goes down for naps and also at night time, pretty much anytime she lays down? The cough is actually waking her up... I looked this up and it said its common due to the excess saliva...she has no other 'cold' symptoms and she only coughs while in bed.

What would I use to help her with the saliva? I give her Advil to help with the pain? but not sure what else to use for the saliva!!

Lots of saltines?

Wish I could help. Avery got 2 teeth at 8 months and cut 6 more this month. Drool city. Does she sleep on her back? That would make it worse.

nope shes a tummy sleeper.... I really don't know what to do either...

wtf are saltines..soda crackers?

Yeah, the plain white salty crackers. Saltines is actually a brand name, but they tend to be called that. Those suckers dry up saliva fast.

How many teeth is she cutting?

Poor Ava - dunno what would help with the saliva though

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) I have done nothing. BLISS! Got a bit of a moany child though, refused her morning nap so grumped a bit. Jumparoos are great, she jumped for an hour and then I wondered by I couldn't hear any banging, went upstairs and she had fallen asleep in it LOL (terrible mother!)

I fancy a curry and some wine tonight. Preferably fizzy and pink.

Happy birthday Neko!

Divinebeauty- LOVE the new photo of your LO. Adorable!

Happy Birthday Neko!!

James is 19lbs now and 26" short and round! Perfect!

James almost never goes to sleep without being on the boob! I've ruined him. He's fallen asleep a couple times on his own out of exhaustion (on me just on the couch), and in the car. But he wont go in his crib alone. Once he started sleeping through the night at 5.5 weeks he went into his own room and crib, he sleeps better without us moving around and checking on him after he makes small noises (cause sometimes he'll just talk himself to sleep) and we sleep better not checking on him constantly. We have a monitor, so we hear a lot, but we only get up when he cries.

The extra saliva I'm not sure about. James just cut his first two teeth in December. He does have the rosy cheeks and a chin rash. He does cough more, but it doesn't seem to bother him at night. He has never taken a pacifier, but THANKFULLY he's found his two right fingers and chews on them ALL day! I think the sucking/chewing on fingers really helps him swallow the saliva better and reduce it.

Haha what a terrible mother you are Jessica :haha:

I was mean today, Maria was getting fed up in her high chair and doing a weird screechy shouting sound and I just sat and laughed at her and filmed it

Holy shit B will only sleep on boob, in buggy or car.

I REALLY need some help (and I value you lots opinons more than BC as I 'know' you) because she won't go to bed before 9.30 and even that is after 1.5 hours boobing / faffing. I am exhausted by her. She will only go down FAST ASLEEP or all hell breaks loose. I nned to stop this for the sake of my sanity. Also, I know how stupid this sounds but I am getting married in May and CANNOT go boob for 1.5 hours in the middle of my wedding reception.... aaargh. Anyone know what is best, PUPD, CC, Shush pat... I am mega confused here...

Sorry for the downer :-(

I will try the soda crackers nicole... lol. Right before bed, if she wakes.. i guess i should give her a cracker too? ahhaha.. I don't know.. at this point Ill do anything... shes being woken up from a cough which is not her fault- so that sucks.

She has 4... and 3 have just erupted... so I don't know if they are all coming it at once or wtf is going on here.. but she has enough drool to fill up the kitchen sink ..daily (not really) but.. ughh...

I am going to give gripe water a try, they say ... extra saliva=hiccups... and she has them... so may give that a try see if I can turn the tap off for a night or so..!!!

I did PUPD and EASY method.... it was NOT easy .... but .. somehow we made progress... I never did boob though just bottle but it was JUST as bad... I fell in the habit with my son.. AND Ava ...im a total fail id say...

Yay for getting married- i looooove weddings!!!

I sometimes imitate her moaning by going "meh meh meh, me me me, its all about me" and she usually either gets cross or laughs! Least the girl is learning humour!

Cat lover- give her to me. Il sort her out :) although I cant actually say how I got LO into a good night time sleeping routine, she kinda did it herself.
I never in a MILLION years thought 'I' would be the mother with the child that slept. I was convinced that Tabby would always be a nightmare (she had terrible gas as a tiny baby) and now some of my friends are actually asking me how I do it!

I whine back at Ava too... and say oh youur life is sooooo hard.... perdy princesss hahaha .. she doesn't laugh she gets mad. typical.

Thanks girls for replying, I feel like shit tonight, gah :wacko:. Jess - LO has a top saying 'Its all about me' lol.

DB - thanks hon, I am mega excited :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->