Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Ooo a wedding!

I whine back at Maria too, she just thinks I'm being weird though

I should of wrote more about the sleeping... hahaha I was being lazy..

I now am sitting here remember how damn frustrated I was at Ava I think around the same age as your LO... I did good.. I even got rid of the soother (she has it back now) it was very succesfull...

I am not one that can easily follow directions.. I get frustrated and want to take the easy way out... its just me :rofl: ....I did however follow the directions for the EASY Method with a few changes. and PUPD...

The Easy method is basically a "routine" .... so Eat activit sleep you.... so basically no matter what time of teh day ... I did the feed her... let her play .... and then put her to sleep .... BUT.. I changed it... I did...

I did Activity - eat- sleep- me.. so AESY... worked better for us, as Ava will not go to bed on an empty stomach.... so she has her bottle ... and goes in her bed away for sleep time...

The PUPD method was the bitch.... hahaha ... you HAVE to stay dedicated.... I had given up that method more than 10 times I bet... one day it worked.. next it didnt... it was brutal... but I finally was persistent--- with the help of DH .:haha: and she eventully finally settled....I celebrated with a glass of wine let me tell you!!!

This is all coming from a little girl who we rocked... or bounced... fed a bottle and let her fall asleep.... we even walked around with her to go to sleep.. AND drove around with her ... we were pathetic!!!!

One note- she still sucks at sleeping... she is just so damn stubborn!!!! Standing up is MORE fun to her at the moment..... but I do the same routine.. I give her .. her bottle and pop her into bed.. and I don't go back in.. unless blue murder screaming ... OR... shes pooped.

Thanks DB, appreciated. I'm gonna have to start giving these things a whirl xx

Mmm I can tell you what I did with Sophie. It wasn't easy though and it took me at least 2 months for her to go down smoothly.

I always had to nurse her until she was in a full sleep. What I started with was taking her off after she had comfort sucked for about 10 minutes. So she had stopped drinking and swallowing, but did get all relaxed from the comfort.

When I took her off I would then cuddle her and gently put her down. In the beginning about 19/20 times she'd start crying. So I'd pick her up again, let her nurse for 1-2 minutes until calmed down and started over again by gently putting her down. Sometimes it would take me 1.5 hours to put her to sleep at night, but I persisted.

She slowly started learning I would be there and I wouldn't just leave her alone and upset. So I would have to pick her up less and less often.

Then the 4 month sleep regression hit :rofl:. And all was fucked! But hey ho!

When we got through that, I just continued doing what I did. And now I can take her off when she's finished feeding. I cuddle her upright for about 2 minutes to make sure she doesn't have any wind stuck. Then I walk her to her room and put her in her cot.

In the beginning she'd quite often start crying in her cot, so I'd shush her and hold her hand or sing to her. I would pick her up if she'd get hysterical.

Lately we haven't had much problems at bedtime at all (knock wood). We start nursing about 6.45pm after her bath and by 7.05 or 7.10pm she's normally in bed asleep (unless I'm watching Big Bang Theory, then I'll cuddle her a bit longer :haha:).

It's taken me 3 months to get to this stage though, as I refuse to let her cry it out.

The putting down drowsy also works during the day for naps.

I really hope you manage to work it out! I think you mostly need a lot of perseverence and a hell of a lot more patient. Also an OH who is willing to help out when you get frustrated. In the beginning I would sometimes have to call on my husband to hold her or soothe her for a while so I could take a breather and control my emotions :)..

Good luck!

And with the EASY routine. It would never work for us now. I normally let her nurse before her nap, just to fill her belly and calm her down. Afterall breastmilk contains hormones that make them sleepy, so why wouldn't you make use of it!

I know I sleep better on a full tummy and wake easier when hungry. Plus nursing is the ideal method for calming them down and clearing their heads :).

So I suppose I'm in an EAESY routine!

WTF. like 20 pages to catch up on :dohh:

Hope you bitches are having a fab day! I'm trying to get Sophia's room organized today, but I figured I should check up on you whores. <33

Hope you find a method that works cat lover.

I have found a use for Maria's lambskin rug - makes the rocking chair really comfy! Great for the bedtime feed :)

Awesome about your wedding!!! Maybe things will get easier as she gets older? For James' nighttime feeding he only eats about 5-10 minutes now and is fast asleep. Does she fall asleep in the car? Maybe as a back up a family member can drive her around for a little bit so you wont have to leave the wedding? Just a thought.

Happy Birthday Neko...

Got my bridesmaids dress yesterday. I am fat... BUT.. not as bad as I thought I was. I actually told the clerk to bring me the biggest size because I was convinced that was what I wore now.. but I was wrong...thank GOD.

I will try the soda crackers nicole... lol. Right before bed, if she wakes.. i guess i should give her a cracker too? ahhaha.. I don't know.. at this point Ill do anything... shes being woken up from a cough which is not her fault- so that sucks.

Gotta keep one in her mouth all the time. No chance to drool.
:thumbup:

Got my bridesmaids dress yesterday. I am fat... BUT.. not as bad as I thought I was. I actually told the clerk to bring me the biggest size because I was convinced that was what I wore now.. but I was wrong...thank GOD.

YAY! Do you like the dress in person? or does it look better online?

Wish I could be of help from the sleep problems. But both my kids have been pretty good sleepers. *hides from the inevitable beatings*

I liked it. It looked good enough considering. It gives an hourglass figure and I have that no matter how fat I am so it did flatter.

The clerk was annoying. Giving me dieting tips wasn't really appreciated.

Lauki- I dont follow the |EASY either.. you can change it up however you want to... basically... its just a guideline for a routine.. its a start I guess...

MD!!! Yay I am so happy that you found a dress you are pleased with. When is the wedding?? Also I find with heels... they make you appear slimmer which is always a good thing :rofl:... hahaha.... Id ask for u to post a pic.. but i know you will tell me to shove..it arghhh

your no fun. Post a pic!!! <3

Thanks. I was going to say I REALLY like the pic of AVA... very pretty and soft looking.

FUCK NO I will not post a pic of me in it.......:happydance:

I have to wait for it to come in and it needs to be altered anyway. I also need to get a good strapless... I will end up getting a bustier(did I spell that right) anyway.

It's pretty va va va voom.

hahahh how did I ever guess you wouldn't post a pic.. do I know you or whaaaaat!

I know I know.. too self conscious.

That really IS a great pic of Ava. It looks damn near professional.

I love both of the new pics! Look at Corrine standing uppp! and I LOVE Ava's jammies. (I'm guessing they're jammies, if not GSIAC.) I'm a jammie addict.

I am offended those are her outing clothes :cry:

Jk ... they are jammes... to be specific.. Carters jammies.. I love em... I am also a jammie addict...

Ok wtf.. jammie? hahahahah thanks for making me use that word biatttttch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->