Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

And Spunky, I wanted to have babies no later then 30... then I got sick, then I thought I would never have a baby at all.
And here I am.. old as dirt with a baby.. had her two months before I would have been advanced maternal age.

I wanted my kids before 30. I was 23 when I had my son. Infertility and miscarriages happened and I was 8 days before advanced maternal age when I had Avery.

Has anyone read the story about the 18 year old boy, who fell in love with his long lost GRANDMA, and they're having a surrogate so they can have a baby together? Bitch was like 73.
wtf? I need an internet link to believe you.

Only thing you can't give babies are:
Honey
Undercooked eggs
Undercooked meat
Whole nuts
Does this mean I don't have to feel guilty about Avery sharing my cheeseburger last night. It was my free b-day burger from Ruby Tuesdays.

I was an internet troll one night years ago when I was drunk. It was fun. Made up a semi-rude name and posted with an internet friend until I got banned. :happydance:

Burgers are fine! Sophie ate a chicken nugget the other day :haha:.

God I'm starving, but I can't move as Soph will wake up then. I'm also cold and tempted to nick her blanket she's sleeping under. But that would be a really horrible thing to do!

You UK people are just as bad posting a bunch while we sleep!! Man it's cold where you guys are!! Course then I realize you're probably posting in Celsius, but still cold! We have had SO LITTLE rain this year! (never get snow where I live.) Some years our rivers flood and some years our summers are all about conserving water as we're in a drought. It's 30 Fahrenheit right now at 9am, but should get up to 65ish.

Natsku - Thank you for your birth story! She was as lovely then as she is now!!! What's a para cervical block? We don't have gas and air here, wish we did so I could try it as you ladies make it sound helpful!

G&A is only really good when you first go into hospital after hours of unmediated pain. Going from lots of pain to a drowsy state is excellent. Once you get used to it though it's pointless lol! I threw it down once I reached 10cm as it just irritated me.

I had about 2 puffs and couldn't be arsed after that - it does nothing

Still amazing that it helps enough to get to 10cm!!! I got my epidural at 1 cm, but they kept pumping me full of pitocin. Next baby I hope not to be induced!!! They gave me 2 shots in my IV before they could get me my epidural, helped some, but so short lived!

I wish we had more options in the US for pain relief. It's usually an epidural or nothing.

Reading around in baby club. So why is Chavtastic such a bad name. If I called myself Redneck Princess would I be banned?

Still amazing that it helps enough to get to 10cm!!! I got my epidural at 1 cm, but they kept pumping me full of pitocin. Next baby I hope not to be induced!!! They gave me 2 shots in my IV before they could get me my epidural, helped some, but so short lived!

I had nothing till 10cm as I was at homw which is probablt why it did nothing for me... lol

Neko - yes probably

Sophie did her first little crawl! :wohoo:!!! :headspin:.

Then she fell over :rofl:

Yay well done Sophie!

I loved the gas and air, I just kept getting the strength turned up and got so high I was hearing voices :rofl:

Para cervical block is a local anesthetic in the cervix, doesn't really do that much for the pain, won't bother with it next time.

I got Maria a birthday present today - a wooden stacking train :)

We have a wintry mix outside. Bleh. I hate inclement weather.

As for the sleeping thing with Corrine. She does what she wants. Maybe it's not when she goes to bed as much as her waking up through the night. For instance, she fell asleep at 9 last night before I could feed her, and she woke up at 11:30 and went back to bed around 1:30ish.

If I take her out somewhere.. like let's say Christmas- she didn't take a good nap the whole time we were out. I even took her into another room to sleep and she slept for like 20 minutes and again hours later for maybe 30 minutes. Then she didn't want to sleep that night at all.

She just doesn't want to miss anything. So I'm stuck with a vampire baby. It's better though, last week she was staying up until 4am. I mean, her in bed not sleeping for hours....that's how bad.

I had ADD and OH has ADD- real ADD... we were diagnosed in the 80s before everyone that ever lived was given that diagnosis.... ANYWAY- people with ADD and ADHD have that problem... they can't "shut off" at night and have a problem "turning on" in the mornings. They also tend to walk early too and she is now a cruising pro- I wonder if she is just exhibiting signs.

Fine with me- it's not the kiss of death people make it out to be.:shrug:

Wow, MD I'm amazed you can handle Corrine being a night-owl so well! I didn't mind when James stayed up until 11 everynight cause he slept in, but I am much happier that he goes to bed before 10 now, gives my husband and I time to visit before sleep.

Really though, I'm not sure why people try to be as offensive as possible. Some people are proud of being RedNecks though, so why not let them have the name? :shrug:

My cervix wasn't what cause me the most pain... I had an epidural early on, but they turned if off for pushing (until they scheduled a c-section, then they turned it back on and I was able to push him out with the help of a vacuum). After they turned if off my hips and back and I think legs hurt more than my girly parts!! He wasn't even back to back! I'm not sure why everything else hurt so much (I remember the doctor saying "it shouldn't hurt this much"). Next time they will NOT be turning off the epidural!

Its stupid to ban names that aren't actually offensive (i.e. swear words, racist, sexist etc.)

I think I want an epidural next time, but then again I managed without one with Maria so I guess I could manage again but it hurt damnit!

Spunky- I don't mind it because I AM a night owl myself. Now, what I do mind is if she plain doesn't sleep at all. That hurts me.. .literally. I have A LOT of health problems and sleep deprivation causes me pain.. A LOT of pain. So if she goes to bed at 1am and gets up at 10 I am cool. If she, like last week, sleeps nothing for days... it's bad for me. Very bad. It could cause me to relapse or have a flair.

I don't know about the offensive thing. I can certainly be snarky. I guess it depends on if you are like that ALL THE TIME. If you revel in being an asshole then that's a different matter entirely.

Sophie crawling!! SO EXCITING!!! :happydance: WOOHOO Sophie!! I'd fall over too afterwards, it's hard work!

Sorry MD that sleep deprivation can be so bad! Hopefully you two will have a pretty compatible sleep pattern long term!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->