~*~ Official BabyandBump Secret Santa 2017 ~*~ Take Part ~*~

Lord! God knows how come my postage is never that much.

Without sounding thick (I might have missed a post on this), but does the amount include postage? Im assuming not, since posting abroad could cost a lot... :xmas8:

Postage will be on top. UK will cost £5 and under where as international will cost around £10 :)

UK postage should cost £2.90 - thats for standard parcels 2nd class. Cant imagine anyone would be buying anything bigger or heavier than that. Obviously sending first class or recorded will cost more but this should be the cheapest way to send anything bigger than an envelope.

Ive opted for the £5 secret santa, not that I'm being cheap but i always find them more of a challenge to see what the best deal i can get on a fab wee gift is!

US is popular so they will make their money, I'm guessing. I think custom charges are included too.

Yeah, 2nd class can cover up to 2kg for £2.90 granted it's within measurements and not signed for.

It's a "coincidence" that parcels get "lost" during the Christmas period. Signatures save you as that parcel will be assigned to 1 postie, meaning it's on their shoulders to make sure the parcel is signed for.

IMO, for an extra 50p, it's worth the safety and guarantee that the recipient gets their present.

US is popular so they will make their money, I'm guessing. I think custom charges are included too.

Yeah, 2nd class can cover up to 2kg for £2.90 granted it's within measurements and not signed for.

It's a "coincidence" that parcels get "lost" during the Christmas period. Signatures save you as that parcel will be assigned to 1 postie, meaning it's on their shoulders to make sure the parcel is signed for.

IMO, for an extra 50p, it's worth the safety and guarantee that the recipient gets their present.

There's a whole number of reasons why things go missing during our busy periods, there's a massive increase in volume of mail and parcels, sometimes they can get caught in the sorting machines, often things aren't packaged properly - Amazon are terrible for packaging, addresses come off Etc etc. We posties always take the stick but we're actually the ones most likely to get your parcel to you despite all the obstacles. You're right in saying that a signed parcel is assigned to 1 postie, but that person will also have a number of other parcels that they will treat exactly the same. Most items now have a 2D barcode which is scanned on delivery so items are traceable to the door even without a signature. Trust me when I say it would actually be very difficult for us to steal anything because of the barcodes, were constantly monitored with them. So even if you pay for standard service it's still traceable from posting to delivery

Leaving this open a little longer. I've been poorly since last Thursday so haven't been on the ball with this ... feeling a little more human today. Thread for profile will definitely be up one the next couple of days <3

There's a whole number of reasons why things go missing during our busy periods, there's a massive increase in volume of mail and parcels, sometimes they can get caught in the sorting machines, often things aren't packaged properly - Amazon are terrible for packaging, addresses come off Etc etc. We posties always take the stick but we're actually the ones most likely to get your parcel to you despite all the obstacles. You're right in saying that a signed parcel is assigned to 1 postie, but that person will also have a number of other parcels that they will treat exactly the same. Most items now have a 2D barcode which is scanned on delivery so items are traceable to the door even without a signature. Trust me when I say it would actually be very difficult for us to steal anything because of the barcodes, were constantly monitored with them. So even if you pay for standard service it's still traceable from posting to delivery

Are the 2D barcodes the QR looking codes? They're only going to be detected If they've been scanned prior to delivery (sorting the round) and upon delivery though right? If not then surely RM would be able to trace down the "lost" parcels with their destination, instead of us being tossed from pillar to post checking the local SO's. I've only ever seen gold stickers on non tracked/non signed for parcels.

Just pm'd glad i saw this today! Been quiet the last couple of weeks with moving and having no internet in.

Bumping this! I can't believe how quite santas grotto is this year!! Where are all of our Christmas crazies? Xx

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...-secret-santa-2017-profiles.html#post38646261

If you've taken part please post your profile on the dedicated thread above.

You'll get a PM from me by the end of the week confirming who you will be Santa too :xmas6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->