~*~ Official BabyandBump Secret Santa 2018 ~*~ Chat Thread ~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh. Sh** just got real.
I thought I was done lol

EDIT after a bit of snooping and re-reading profikes I know what I'm getting (I think) x

Last edited:
I’ve no idea what I’m going to get for mine :haha:
I need to do some stalking later!

Yay! I'm always so excited until I get given a name and then my mind goes blank!

I was just reading back on the 2017 thread. It was a little overwhelming though reading it all through. There seemed to have had a lot more spirit and chirpiness about it, quite sad really :(

I hope to get my buzz back and my SS loves their gift.

X

I was just reading back on the 2017 thread. It was a little overwhelming though reading it all through. There seemed to have had a lot more spirit and chirpiness about it, quite sad really :(

I’m not sure why but even a lot of people I know arnt feeling Christmassy this year!

I’m going to get my present this weekend and hopefully get it posted by Monday

I've noticed it seems less Christmassy everywhere too :(

I think it's just starting earlier and earlier and we out so much pressure to have the perfect Christmas and December (I know I do). Going to try and relax a bit. As long as kids are happy and believe in the magic that's all I really want :)

I've posted my secret santa present first class this morning :happydance:

We're having to dry the walls out, bricks have perished and rain is just pouring through. By the time we dry one wall and move the dehumidifier to dry the next, the first wall becomes wet from the rain again. No work can be carried out while it's wet or humid :( now DD1's laptop has been sent in for repairs (nobody's fault), I could have cried lastnight because I felt so bad and gutted. Dreading the final bill. Just grateful Christmas has been paid for.

Shhh @Bevziibubble it could give you away! :p

I need to find another present for mine, got something being delivered sometime next week so hopefully able to get stuff posted once it's all arrived.

I'm all done.

Hope they like it. Feeling a little nervous x

We're having to dry the walls out, bricks have perished and rain is just pouring through. By the time we dry one wall and move the dehumidifier to dry the next, the first wall becomes wet from the rain again. No work can be carried out while it's wet or humid :( now DD1's laptop has been sent in for repairs (nobody's fault), I could have cried lastnight because I felt so bad and gutted. Dreading the final bill. Just grateful Christmas has been paid for.

Shhh @Bevziibubble it could give you away! :p

I need to find another present for mine, got something being delivered sometime next week so hopefully able to get stuff posted once it's all arrived.

Smartie you poor thing! Hope you managet to get the laptop sorted x

Oh no Smartie ... have you just moved and ran into this problem?

I've had a beeping mare of things propping up too including my macbook crashing with all my course work on it ... £480 for component failure. I am livid and will never buy one again! Among other stuff with the house, had a mare with cold coming through windows and doors etc. Fun when you view houses in summer then winter comes!!!

x

I received my SS today! (at least I think I did, I can't think of any other reason that a present would be delivered for me)
Put straight under the tree, so hopefully can last until Christmas day this year - I caved and opened early last year!

Oh no Smartie ... have you just moved and ran into this problem?

I've had a beeping mare of things propping up too including my macbook crashing with all my course work on it ... £480 for component failure. I am livid and will never buy one again! Among other stuff with the house, had a mare with cold coming through windows and doors etc. Fun when you view houses in summer then winter comes!!!

x

We've lived here for 2 years in Jan, never got to see the house before moving in as we was going to have a different one. We've had this problem since last month but damp was an issue at the start. It's an old property with no cavity and wooden windows. So it's cold enough without the water coming through! Landlady is just being lazy. If I didn't threaten with EH, nobody would have even bothered until after Xmas.

Oh no :( can you not remove the harddrive and put it in a caddy to transfer to another?

DD's laptop diagnostics came back today and the gpu has died. It'll cost £340+ for a new motherboard plus labour for a lower spec. It could be cheaper for parts by buying the chipset alone but replacing it requires a more difficult task as it'll need desoldering in a machine which will cost even more. The guy said it may be worth looking to buy a new laptop. OH wants to send it away to the manufacturer but I'm guessing it'll cost in the region of £500+ not including their assessment fees.

Just glad Christmas has already been paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back