[OPEN] 1st child due late July/August 2011

MissSazra, wooohoo! I can't say I'm not jealous. Bonnie has caused me to gain 40 lbs eeekk!!

I have a dumb question, I thought you guys measured weight in stones? I get so confused lol.

I am doing pretty good. I am already dilated to 4cm (can't remember if I already posted that). Not sure how on earth I'm not already in labor!! At least this means I won't have to be in labor very long once it does start. I just hope it's not too quick for me to be able to get an epidural. If you haven't had it administered by 8cm then you're out of luck. So, while I hope the labor progresses quickly, I don't want it to be too quick!! :)

We do measure in stones, but I haven't reached a stone yet, so still just counting the pounds! :) I'm really hoping to have only put on one stone by the end of it all, that would make me very happy!

I can't believe you only have 10 days left, time seems to be flying by, yet the weeks seem to be dragging for me! Xx

I think the weight gain is totally variable - I've already gained over 10lbs!! But I had no morning sickness and instead was hungry all the time..

So I have another question: who has a breast pump and what one would you recommend? They're so expensive ! But necessary..

I think 10 lbs at 21 weeks is probably normal :)
My biggest weight gain happened between 24 and 28 weeks, I think my appetite went crazy because I gained 11 lbs in those 4 short weeks. The doc was telling me to lay off the ice cream lol. In the next 4 weeks I didn't gain any weight. Either way, I can tell I'm swollen from my face to my toes so I can't wait to drop all this!

Sorry Susan, don't know much about breastfeeding or pumps as I'm going straight to the bottle with my LO. Maybe rducky will get on here soon enough with some advice.

Anyone heard from turtle or Harli?

MissSazra, that's great! You must be so happy. I gained 35lbs and I have lost about 25 so far. I did most of my weight gain at the beginning of pregnancy, it really slowed down at the end with no weight gain some weeks.

Breast pumps...I have a Medela Pump in Style (double pump) that was lent to me by my best friend. I like it a lot. I was exclusively pumping for the first 2 weeks cuz we couldn't get Aoife to latch, so I used it a lot. Other friends have the Medela Swing which is a single pump. They also really like the Swing. I don't know much about other brands, but I would definitely recommend Medela. I have another friend who likes the manual Medela pump, can't remember the name of that one though. Harmony, maybe? It all depends how much you expect to pump and for how long...if there are problems with breastfeeding like low supply or difficulty with latching it is suggested to have a double pump to encourage and maintain supply.

my friend recommended the Medela In Style too.. They are definitely cheaper in the states so it might be a good excuse to go down for a shopping trip!

that's great miss Sazra, I'm definitely going to be lighter when I pop now, unless I gain a stone or two in the next 2.5 weeks... lol! I'm still *down* 4lb on my pre-preg weight... It really does vary for so many people!!! I stayed perfectly steady until about 30 weeks, then lost 4lb, and so far haven't gained it back again!

Not much for me, I'm down to 17 days until EDD, but who knows if I'll go over or what! Bub is head-down but it's not engaged at all (ie still floating up high under my ribs. Ow!) so I'm still working full time and we continue to wait.... :)

well thanks a lot rducky.. I checked out that babysteals.com website you mentioned and now I've already been sucked into buying something!! :) I'm afraid it'll become addictive...

well thanks a lot rducky.. I checked out that babysteals.com website you mentioned and now I've already been sucked into buying something!! :) I'm afraid it'll become addictive...

LOL! What did you buy?

I bought a blanket thing that is waterproof on one side and soft on the other, so you can use it for picnics, or to cover the baby carrier or car seat if it's raining.

My justification was that in Vancouver it rains a lot anyway, and also with the baby due in winter, it'll be nice to have a warm and weather-proof cover :)

I also wanted to tell you guys about something else I bought off etsy... Wet bags for cloth diapers. But the bags could be used for other things like swimming gear or even food.. And she makes other nice things too..

The shop is called My Beautiful Girl: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBeautifulGirl

(of course she's away on vacation right now)

I ordered a few big bags and a few little ones, and they were shipped super fast and look like great quality. Best of all they were great prices!

My other fun shopping experience has been a couple of baby/kids swap meets - they have lots of them here and they are great (but crowded) - I've bought lots of virtually new baby clothes for super cheap (like $1 per piece or less!) - some even have tags on them still! So I would highly recommend trying to find those...

Anyway, otherwise doing well - I'm enjoying feeling the baby moving (still just light but I'm getting to know when he/she is most active - usually right when I'm about to go to sleep!)

Hope everyone else is doing good - we'd love to see more pictures :)

I'll definitely check out that shop when she opens up again!

Here are some more recent pictures, sorry they're so big, can't figure out how to make them smaller...

https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/rducky20/IMG_0436.jpg
https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/rducky20/IMG_0517.jpg
https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/rducky20/IMG_0549.jpg
https://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k587/rducky20/IMG_0239.jpg

she's so cute - love the smile! How much does she weigh now?

Love the diaper pic too :)

Hey guys! Just wanting to let those who aren't following my journal know that I had my little girl on Friday, September 30 at 12:45 pm. She is 20" and was 7 lbs even. Now she is 6 lb 11 oz. :) She's my baby girl!! Go to my journal (link at bottom) if you want to see a couple pics. I'll be back later!

Congratulations Sideways, she's a little sweetie! Seeing everyone else's pics makes me want Sprout here so much, but I know I don't have very long to wait.

Xx

MissSazra, thank you so much!!
Looking back at it now, I can't believe how quickly time flew by in my third trimester. The last couple of weeks seemed to drag and drag, because I was sooo anticipating an early delivery and just wanted to hurry up and meet my little girl!

Sprout will be here before you know it :)

haha MissSazra, you're telling me!!! I'm 10 days away from my EDD now, and soooooooooooo ready to meet this lil one!! I wanna *see* it! And to know if, finally, I have a son or daughter! So keen now.... lol.

Oooh I know Flying, the closer it gets the more curious I am as to whether I'm right and it's a boy or if hubby is right and it's a girl! lol

As of Friday I start my maternity leave, was meant to be in 3 weeks time, but work is getting exhausting, the kids are too demanding and it hurts to be on my feet all day, so I'm really excited to be finishing!

Also we're moving across the country in 3 weeks time to be closer to my parents, so I'm really excited about that as well. Means I can re do the nursery and have everything set up before Sprout arrives (hopefully) lol

yeah how is everyone doing? I keep hearing crickets on this thread!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->