Painful sex a threat to implantation?? Help!

FertileFlower

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie to participating in this forum, but been browsing it for a while.

I am on 24 cd and I think I O'ed on the 13th. I have had a variety of symptoms which I will be happy to share.

However, last night I was going to dtd and had to stop because I experienced sharp shooting pains! This also happened around day 16 as well but not as intense.

According to my calculations, implantation if the egg was fertilized is due around this time. I am so scared I accidentally messed it up and now it wont implant. I am trying to not stress about it, but any comforting words would be so appreciated.

This would be my first time pregnant and I'm in my later 30's with a tilted uterus and ovarian cysts so I hope for a rainbow miracle baby. I know many of you know what a vulnerable and emotional time this tww is.

Much love and baby dust to everyone!!

:dust:

I have to figure out how to edit my post. Was supposed to say 24 days since last period start and 8 days since estimated ovulation.

I suppose I can list my symptoms in case things turn out in a beautiful way.
I did not chart or write down my symptoms, so these are just the most persistent ones or those that stands out.

1-3 dpo

swollen abdomen
hungry
thirsty
slightly nauseaus

dpo 4-5.
Super tired
Hungry
Emotional
5 dpo
Elevated temperature, especially feeling feverish upon awakening.
Super tired
Hungry
Blue veins on nipples and groin area
Lower back ache that comes and goes

6 dpo
Nipples more sensitive than usual but nothing extreme.
Cranky and emotional.
Dry mouth.
Thirsty.
A little bit itchy, but not just boobs, whole body.
Super tired
Hungry

7 dpo
Cramps similar to period starting.
Took a nap and had a dream that my boobs where huge due to being pregnant. A happy dream indeed!
Small twinges of pain in the middle lower abdomen.
Lower abdomen swollen and hard.
Slight flutterly but more itchy feeling in lower abdomen.
Hungry
Nipples more sensitive than usual but nothing extreme.
Cranky and emotional.
Thirsty.
Dry mouth.

I feel I am missing some key symptoms I experienced so I might have to add to this list. But I am either creating psychosomatic symptoms or do I have a good chance for a bean?? Even with the unfortunate dtd event last night??

Things I don't have:
Food aversions
Really painful nipples (mine are slightly sore)
Morning sickness
Sensitivity to smell
Gas
Burping
Metallic taste
Constipation

Worth to notice is last month I had nausea, constipation and other symptoms after O but was not pregnant. I thought I was though because it was not normal for me. This month I am trying not to get my hopes up but they are up. Especially after my nap yesterday when I dreamed I was pregnant. I've read that happens to a lot of pregnant women and I rarely every remember my dreams at all.

Things I'm not sure about:

Not sure if the areolas are darkened or not, they look a bit bigger but not sure.

The only time I've been told to avoid sex and the big O was after IVF, otherwise unless your doc stated to avoid sex, you should be fine.
The pain could be due to hormonal issues causing irritability and crampy areas during sex. As for a fertilized egg...we are talking super tiny, with minimal space in side the uterus, so it's not like a racquetball pinging around with every thrust (sorry tmi) and the uterus is a bit mobile, so it can move when needed so I don't think you need to worry about the pain affecting an embryo- like ripping it off the wall or something,
You should be ok- maybe go a bit easier when DTD but if you see spotting or the pain gets worse/lingers perhaps a doc chk is in order.
Hope it gets better for you

Thank you so much JLM73 !
This is my first day in this forum so I am glad someone decided to respond.
Where in the process are you? Wishing you baby dust and happy results!!

Sure thing, I've only been on here a bit over a week myself, but not new to TTC.
I am having a mental disagreement with FF and what day it thiks I ov, so I'm going with what my opks, ferning scope, and cm/cp tell me, so that puts me 4 dpo.
I have been ttc since Jan. - not crazy long, but I am using a donor so it gets hard to line up schedules, and not knowing exact O date makes it harder:growlmad:
Babydust to you as well!

JLM73

Please let me know how it turns out! The TWW is quite harrowing.
That's why I came on here, to connect with others who can relate.
Yes, January is not that long, but I know it feels like an eternity!!!
Hoping for a BFP for you very, very soon!!

I still have cramps that feels similar but milder to period cramps, but otherwise all symptoms seem to have gone away other than dry mouth/thirst and being emotional and moody. I'm never early with my period so the cramps should be a good sign but I am just not feeling it.
I'm quite in tune with my body so idk. Not an uplifting day overall.

I'm with you on that note...I didn't sleep well, temp is doing a very slow crawl upward, and I just posted my chart because I am not agreeing with FF about when I O'd annd am starting to worry I didn't this go round arrgh!I HATE the in limbo wait to test lol :coffee:
heres my very unhelpful chart
FFChart.png

Try to relax Hun, sex wouldn't affect implantation at all

Good luck x

JLM73 I am not charting or taking my temperature so I am not very good at reading them. Sorry. :/

Waiting is the worst! I do feel a bit better now though. Had a good long cry. Still having dull cramps and I've been sneezing and itching a lot. Still uncertain of the outcome but trying to remain hopeful and visualizing a positive.

I just laid down to meditate and as I held my hand on my lower abdomen I felt a tingling sensation that lasted for maybe 10 minutes. It was ticklish. How I imagine an implantation would feel, but I would have imagined it higher up and not so low and smack dab in the middle.
But if my mind created this sensation and it's ALL in my mind, then my mind is quite powerful!
I also feel super hot right now temperature wise!!
This is 9 dpo so this could be it!! I hope I hope I hope!

Very cool...I read a bit ago 9dpo is the most common implant day...hmmm
Well then meditate away, relax...and IMPLANT lol
Oh did you get your BD timing pretty good?

Hoping those are good signs for u, my last cycle i did iui and it ended with a chemical. But i was also was sneezing when i hardly do and had a random nose bleed,the day b4 my bfp i had af aches and after that i had mild camps for 3 days until af arrived. Not trying to scare u but just giving u some of my symptoms to give u hope, I'm 2 dpo now so still a while to go b4 finding out if my 2nd iui worked. fx that u get a bfp soon, when are u planning to test or just waiting for af to shwo/noshow

Very cool...I read a bit ago 9dpo is the most common implant day...hmmm
Well then meditate away, relax...and IMPLANT lol
Oh did you get your BD timing pretty good?

Yes definitely! Pretty much every day for the week up until the day of ovulation and also the day afterwards. My ovulation is only an estimate though because I do not know the exact day. But according to my calculations and also online ovulation calculators I timed it perfect even if I am a day off in either direction.

:)))

Hoping those are good signs for u, my last cycle i did iui and it ended with a chemical. But i was also was sneezing when i hardly do and had a random nose bleed,the day b4 my bfp i had af aches and after that i had mild camps for 3 days until af arrived. Not trying to scare u but just giving u some of my symptoms to give u hope, I'm 2 dpo now so still a while to go b4 finding out if my 2nd iui worked. fx that u get a bfp soon, when are u planning to test or just waiting for af to shwo/noshow

Thank you for sharing, momwannabe81 !
I have been sneezing a lot the last couple of days also, and my body temperature has been elevated (I don't temp though) and had some chills also. I see these as good signs although I am aware of the risk of chemical. I have a feeling I have had them in the past but back then did not know the symptoms and did not know what made me sick.

I tested this morning, I know it's too early but it was a cheapie test. Negative. Same as yesterday. I am still fairly positive though.

Lots of good vibes and baby dust to you!! I hope the iui worked for you!!!

Well I had what felt like period cramps yesterday. Then we dtd last night and this morning and now I feel a very dull cramp and not much of anything else. There was no pain this time for those who might read this and have had a similar experience as the one I originally described.
On day dpo 11 today, haven't tested yet but I feel sort of mellow with whatever the outcome will be. After feeling really down yesterday I feel elevated and buzzing today. Could be from the bd earlier, not sure.
I just thought I'd update. I'd prolly still be gutted if af comes around in a few days.
But for now, life is very good and hopeful. I hope I will have a BFP today or soon!!
I also hope that for you all!!! This can be such a difficult and emotional experience ttc.

Very cool FertileFlower! Sounds like that mellow positive vibe mood is the way to go...it does release all those good endorphins afterall
I am trying to stay occupied and mellow myself as I can't test for 3 days minimum, and nothing I can do to change anything going on in side there anyhoo!:coffee:

I just took a New Choice Pregnancy cheap test.
Right after taking it I thought I saw a faint line but there is nothing there now
after 2 minutes. Oh well, still early. Not counting myself out yet. I did feel it was too early but it's a difficult wait!

I use them all the time...sadly my local $ stores switched to a horrible brand that is very tiny, with a very deep result window which causes shadows, and several did not even have the result line visible without opening the case!!??
Now they have all been out ot opks and hpts for over a week...not sure wth is going on, but I have some walmart cheapies and a Frer 3 pack on hot standby. :smug:

I have studied New Choice tests all yr. I know you aren't supposed to, but see what that line looks like after it dries, just out of curiosity.

They are supposed to be 25miu, so I would expect any bfp to be light on them.
Ooh I'm jealous I can't test for a few days still!

Well dearest JLM73 , no need to be jealous anymore.
Woke up to AF being early and also a cold. No doubt it is her either. I'm gutted.
I didn't feel in the last few days that this would be the month,but
it's surprising how much hope one still stores in the subconscious.

I will check in and see how you are doing. Wishing you have better result this month!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->