PAL, due in 6/2012

Do you ladies have names picked out and nurseries done? We are in the midst of moving #1 to another room in the house and repainting the nursery in preparation for baby. And lots of other things coming in (furniture) and going out (junk) of the house. Such utter chaos! I think we have a name picked out, but not 100% sure.

TTC-so glad everything is working out so well for you too!

Lil- we ve definitely picked out the name...our little miracle is Natalia and her little brother is already shouting at her!! Unfortunately we only have one room so we dont have much to do...we still havent put up the crib and we want to paint her side of the room a different colour and put some stickers on the walls! But i m holding out until 34-35 weeks...still cant believe i ve made it this far (touch wood!)

Do you ladies have names picked out and nurseries done? We are in the midst of moving #1 to another room in the house and repainting the nursery in preparation for baby. And lots of other things coming in (furniture) and going out (junk) of the house. Such utter chaos! I think we have a name picked out, but not 100% sure.

No names, no nursery. :)

I am feeling a little stressed about names, but I'm sure we'll come up with names that we love eventually.

We are in the process of building a house, which will probably be done right as I'm delivering the twins. Isn't that how things always work out? :winkwink: So I am not doing any preparation here. If they're born and come home to this house, they'd be sleeping in our room to start with anyway. The house will definitely be done this summer, so we know this is a short-term arrangement.

littlebird - lovely bump & scan pics :thumbup:

lilmama - hope your itchiness gets better soon sorry about the GD. Is there still not time for your placenta to move ? Ive got a low lying placenta too and ive to get another scan in two weeks to see if its moved if not ill be getting a section too :-(

No name or nursery yet.

christiana - love the name hun :flower:

I finally started baby shopping today :happydance:

lilmama - hope your itchiness gets better soon sorry about the GD. Is there still not time for your placenta to move ? Ive got a low lying placenta too and ive to get another scan in two weeks to see if its moved if not ill be getting a section too :-(

There is still time for the placenta to move. And I was going to have a c-section anyway, so that's no big deal...and at this point, with all the crazy itchiness, I might just welcome the delivery at 37 weeks.

So an update....

Been dealing with itchy rashes, whether or not to take prednisone, placenta previa and gestational diabetes. Went to my 32 week ultrasound and appointment today, and so it looks like the placenta is not going to budge, so this baby's birthday will probably be May 23! And the itcy rash blew up last week all over the back and front of my torso...so I took the prednisone and although the rash is looking better, it's still itchy. So, I am thinking that an earlier c-section date is being merciful to me. And in any case, this baby is already 5 lbs 4 oz...so not too worried that we're delivering a couple weeks earlier than planned. If you don't mind, I will stay on this June board, even though now technically, I will have a May baby.

Oh, and last but not least, I failed my gestational diabetes test and now that I took the prednisone, which totally messed with my blood sugar, I am not on insulin! :nope: 4 times a day. I was kind of bummed about it, and sometimes still am...but now I've lost 3 pounds, but the baby is growing...so I'm thinking this might be a healthy thing.

Hope you all are well, as well as your babies!

Wow what an update lil! I m sorry about the GD but it s only for a few more weeks! You must be so excited to bring your due date earlier, i know i would be! And as for the rash... OMG you re my hero for not takings the meds earlier... I ve started itching about a week ago and it is driving me CRAZY!!! Seriously i wish i could peel my skin!!!

Afm- had a scan on wednesday, bubs turned head down so i m very excited as doc thinks she wont have space to turn again due to the bu!!! Plus he said that i ll give birth as soon as stitch is out at 37 weeks so we might be looking at the end of may too or a couple of days into june! Yayyyyy cant wait but still very cautious as i wouldnt want to deliver before then!

Chris--so glad that you are getting along so well and that baby is doing well too. The thing I am relieved about is that I can now see the light at the end of this very itchy tunnel. Yay for head down!

So an update....

Been dealing with itchy rashes, whether or not to take prednisone, placenta previa and gestational diabetes. Went to my 32 week ultrasound and appointment today, and so it looks like the placenta is not going to budge, so this baby's birthday will probably be May 23! And the itcy rash blew up last week all over the back and front of my torso...so I took the prednisone and although the rash is looking better, it's still itchy. So, I am thinking that an earlier c-section date is being merciful to me. And in any case, this baby is already 5 lbs 4 oz...so not too worried that we're delivering a couple weeks earlier than planned. If you don't mind, I will stay on this June board, even though now technically, I will have a May baby.

Oh, and last but not least, I failed my gestational diabetes test and now that I took the prednisone, which totally messed with my blood sugar, I am not on insulin! :nope: 4 times a day. I was kind of bummed about it, and sometimes still am...but now I've lost 3 pounds, but the baby is growing...so I'm thinking this might be a healthy thing.

Hope you all are well, as well as your babies!

Of course you can stick around here! I have no idea when I'll be delivering, myself. Scheduled for 6/11, but that seems so far away and I'm feeling it more and more each day.

Sorry to hear about the rash and the GD. It is amazing what we go through to have babies! It's countdown time!

Wow what an update lil! I m sorry about the GD but it s only for a few more weeks! You must be so excited to bring your due date earlier, i know i would be! And as for the rash... OMG you re my hero for not takings the meds earlier... I ve started itching about a week ago and it is driving me CRAZY!!! Seriously i wish i could peel my skin!!!

Afm- had a scan on wednesday, bubs turned head down so i m very excited as doc thinks she wont have space to turn again due to the bu!!! Plus he said that i ll give birth as soon as stitch is out at 37 weeks so we might be looking at the end of may too or a couple of days into june! Yayyyyy cant wait but still very cautious as i wouldnt want to deliver before then!

Chistiana, thank goodness baby is head down! Sorry you're itchy, too. I have been itchy but not terrible. You ladies are going to be delivering so soon! I wish I had a better idea when these babies would be born. We have so many plans this summer, and I feel like everything is on hold!

Littlebird 10 days sooner or 10 days later these babies are coming hun so relax and enjoy the last few weeks! I wonder, does your doc think you ll go the whole 40 weeks? I m so happy everyone is fine but you re right...the joys of pregnancy (itching, GD, heartburn...) are endless!!!!

Littlebird 10 days sooner or 10 days later these babies are coming hun so relax and enjoy the last few weeks! I wonder, does your doc think you ll go the whole 40 weeks? I m so happy everyone is fine but you re right...the joys of pregnancy (itching, GD, heartburn...) are endless!!!!

No, I've got a scheduled c-section at 38.5 weeks. So I won't go longer than that. I'm thinking it's possible I could go earlier, but I am just past 31 weeks right now, so I'd like to make it another month at least. As long as possible so the babies can get as big as they need to be!

Lil, my goodness, that rash sounds horrible to deal with! :( Hopefully the prednisone will tone down some of the itchy-ness. I'm so excited for you though, May 23 sounds like a wonderful day to have a baby! Only another month to wait! :happydance:

Chistiana, YAY for head down! You might get a May baby too! :thumbup:

LittleBird, June 11 sounds like a great day to have babies too :D How big are the babies estimated to be right now? Ahh, I can't wait till people start posting pics of their new little people!

I have submitted my resignation at work, and my last day will be May 5, I'm so excited! Gonna be a stay at home mom! I'm glad I decided to resign when I did, because the last 2 days at work have been trying, very tiring, and lots of backache and BH contractions. Of course, the tiring part could be because I've been working a lot in my garden, getting it ready to plant, now that the weather is nice :blush:

We haven't finished the nursery, or picked out a name yet, but we are going carseat shopping on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that! It'll be one more thing I can cross off the long to-do-before-baby-comes list lol!

Yyaaaaayyyy pitakat, good for you!!! I have big respect for women working while having babies at home but i am a kind of stay at home mum (well i tutor privately 3 hours 4 days a week) and i ve never regreted it! I get to wake up with my lo every morning and have a quiet breakfast and then play play play!!! It s awsome and i wouldnt change it! When are you due? Now that you mentioned it...OMG we ll be seeing some pics soon, i just cant believe it!!happy shopping!

LittleBird, June 11 sounds like a great day to have babies too :D How big are the babies estimated to be right now? Ahh, I can't wait till people start posting pics of their new little people!

I have submitted my resignation at work, and my last day will be May 5, I'm so excited! Gonna be a stay at home mom! I'm glad I decided to resign when I did, because the last 2 days at work have been trying, very tiring, and lots of backache and BH contractions. Of course, the tiring part could be because I've been working a lot in my garden, getting it ready to plant, now that the weather is nice :blush:

We haven't finished the nursery, or picked out a name yet, but we are going carseat shopping on Tuesday, so I'm looking forward to that! It'll be one more thing I can cross off the long to-do-before-baby-comes list lol!

Well, at my last ultrasound, 4 weeks ago, they were both about 2.5 lbs. I have another one on Friday, so we'll see how much they've grown since then.

I am also getting excited about seeing everyone's baby pictures. It's going to be here soon!

Good to know that you've got the end of work planned out. It's always nice to have a plan. For me, work has been really rough the past three weeks and I noticed a big difference in how I was feeling physically. The project I was on has now ended, so hopefully things will be a little slower between now and when I take maternity leave. I don't want to tell them that I want to be a slacker full-time now, but that's kinda how I feel. :) I guess if worse comes to worse, I can ask for a doctor's note to be put on bed rest and then my short-term disability can kick in.

We are also struggling with baby preparations. I think they'll be born before our house is done being built, so no nursery and all my baby gear from our older boys is still in the attic. We always wait until the last minute to come up with names. I did register for car seats, so at least we will be able to bring the babies home from the hospital! If worse comes to worse and they arrive before the shower, I'll just have DH buy them. At least all the research is done.

I think I'm still in denial that they could be born anytime. No hospital bag, I haven't pulled out baby clothes from storage or even washed the newest stuff that people have given us for the twins. I hope that makes you feel better that I'm still so badly prepared for this. :)

Hi ladies :flower:

I had my scan on friday and good news the placenta's moved up :happydance: Baby's measuring up good and they think its going to be an 8 pounder. Name's have been picked it will be either William or Hannah

Oooowwww beautiful names kaboom!!and yayayayay for the placenta having moved! All is going so well, super yayayaay!

lil - Sorry about the GD and the rash I hope it clears up soon for you!!

Chis- Yay for baby's head being down!!

littlebird- June the 11th might be the same day I go into the hospital, but they are not going to start my induction until the next day.Your not alone, I don't have not got to much done either no clothes washed(and other things that need to be washed), need to get baby swing, crib bedding, and crib mattress. It looks like I'm going to have to kick myself into gear!

pitakat-Yay for stay at home mom!!

kaboom- Yay for the placenta moving up!!

AFM- I go every 3 weeks to my high risk doctor and every 2 weeks to my reg OB doctor. My high risk doctor wants me to be induced at 38 weeks( 2nd week in June) due to being on blood thinners. My OB said he might put me in the hospital the night of June the 11th and induce me the 12th, but he not 100% set on that date. So it looks like I have at least 7 weeks and a few days before meeting Baby Jason!!! Not to long and we all will be holding our sweet little one's in our arms!!!!

Ttc-wow you re being monitored so closely, this is wonderful! I cant believe we all so close now! Do you need to stop the thinners to be induced or not?

I have to admit i havent prepared anything either...actually i m pretty bad, i havent set up the crib yet, need to paint one wall and havent bought absolutely anything in terms of clothes..i so want to go crazy on girl clothes but i m just still scared (believe it or not)...i ve set a goal to wait till week 35 and then go shopping! Ow and had my first steroid shot today...yayayyayy

Ttc-wow you re being monitored so closely, this is wonderful! I cant believe we all so close now! Do you need to stop the thinners to be induced or not?

I have to admit i havent prepared anything either...actually i m pretty bad, i havent set up the crib yet, need to paint one wall and havent bought absolutely anything in terms of clothes..i so want to go crazy on girl clothes but i m just still scared (believe it or not)...i ve set a goal to wait till week 35 and then go shopping! Ow and had my first steroid shot today...yayayyayy

Yes, I have to be off of the blood thinners 24 hours before induction. No crib set up here either. Yay for your 1st steroid shot!!

gggrrrrmmmfffffff....messed the whole thing up....should have done two shots today and two tomorrow but i got confused and only did one today....aaarrrrrrgggggg why cant i just do something right???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->