• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PAL - Due September 2012

So glad to hear that your scan went well Ezza :) and your scan photos are lovely :) I have also got my scan today in 2 and a half hours - sooo nervous.

Omg I was so nervous but it went so good and I'm so excited :) good luck for ur scan pls let us know how it goes and get some pics

Yay Ezza, fabulous news :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: you must be soooooo relieved hunni, well done you xxx

kasey best of luck at your scan today lovely. Got all my fingers and toes crossed for you. xx

Welcome Phoebes and congrats on the little twins :happydance::happydance: I know how scared you must be right now but miracles do happen. Wishing you loads of luck at your scan on Friday. Keep us updated. How are you feeling ? xx

cb1 that's hard trying to juggle all that with ms too, i dont know how you do it. I'm off sick at the mo, no way could I go into work feeling like this.

Lynne I know how horrible severe morning sickness is, I had hyperemesis with both my boys and ended up in hospital because I couldn't keep a single thing down, was throwing up over 30 times a day; it was truly awful. i've been put on medication already to try and stop it getting that bad. I would advise you to go and get some medical advice, tell them how bad your ms is. I went to acupuncture as well yesterday for sickness but not sure its working as feel worse today than I have done.

Hi to everyone else, hope you have a good day. And remember, even though this is one of the toughest times, with all the worry and feeling sooooo sick, it'll all be worth it in the end xxxxxx

Thanks a million I truly am releived to know there is a strong lil heartbeat in there .... Especially coz today was d day for my mc sooooo releived and excited

Kasey I'll be thinking of you today, got everything crossed! :)

Ezza gorgeous pics! So cute :D

Phoebes, welcome :hi: wow what a journey you've had, I really hope this is your sticky bean, lots of luck!

AFM I'm 7 weeks today :happydance: feel terrible and wish I was at home but pushing on with work until at least Thurs when I'll have got these jobs out of the way :(

Thanks babe looks just like a lil jelly baby I think haha

Hope everyone else is going good guns, welcome pheobes 2 lil bubs how cool !!
Loads sticky :dust: to us all xxxx

well i am hone today as can't stop being sick can't keep anything down i am really beyond poorly :( :cry:

Hi All! I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. I was looking for some advice:

I am around 6 weeks PG - will be 7 on Friday. I had a miscarriage in November, had one regular cycle, then fell pregnant in January. I went to my first doctors visit yesterday which consisted of meeting with a nurse who reviewed my families medical history and asked about my lifestyle. I then went for bloodwork - the bloodwork wasn't to confirm pregnancy, but to ensure I didn't have HIV (guess this is protocol for them). I don't go for a scan until the 23rd. I find all of this odd because 1) they aren't taking more than one round of bloodwork to confirm I'm pregnant AND to confirm my levels are rising 2) they aren't doing anything differently this time around, AFTER I had a miscarriage, than they did with my first pregnancy (ended up with a DD). I recently started spotting yesterday and mentioned this during my nurses visit, and all she said was to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse. Really? I would have expected them to perform a scan just to ensure everything is ok/cervix is closed/detect heartbeat, etc.

Am I over reacting or expecting too much? I guess I just expected them to monitor me more closely and to of at least had a scan by now. Confused :(

aww hun :hugs: to you :hugs:

Unfortunately, we're not treated differently unless a) we've had multiple losses (3+) or b) you demand it. I've had 2 losses and my doctor was going to treat me the same as before and I wasn't going to be seen until I was 9+ weeks. I've had to demand blood tests after an early bleed at 4weeks (HCG was going to get done, but I had to demand a Progesterone test to check my levels). I'm on Progesterone meds to help out with my levels because they are low and I had to book my own private scan to make sure babies were okay because my DR didn't want to do one. I've also switched doctor's to a much more compassionate doctor.

If you don't agree with how you're being handled, can you search for another provider to go to?

:hugs: :hugs: I hope you get some answers

KTJ i have had many losses and they don't offer any extra help to us until i get an actual bleed, if its nhs thats why sadly its just how they work not fair but this just the way it is and they wont help to stop a miscarriage they state there is nothing they can do and wont do anything at all to help a pregnancy i was 17 weeks with my son when i had some labour pains and they said unless i made it to 24weeks they wouldn't help me one bit was horrible in the end luckily i made it to 31w1d before full blown labour hit me

Hi all, The scan went brilliantly today- baby is so wriggly (apparently unusual for its gestational age) and could see its little heart beating away. Got loads of photos and some videos of the baby moving around. It was such a relief to see a nice healthy baby. My dates were perfect and baby dated at 9+3 :) Here are a couple of pictures from the scan :) Many thanks for all the best wishes and messages of good luck for today :) xx

Attachments

• 1_21.jpg
    1_21.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1_3.jpg
    1_3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
KTJ006 - welcome and congratulations! Sadly that seems to be the case most of the time - I've had 1 loss and I'm not entitled to any extra scans or any extra care this time. It's sad but they say to have one MC is so common they don't treat it as anything out of the ordinary, which I guess I can understand but it's still annoying.

However my doctor did say if I had any spotting or bleeding at all to give them a ring and they'd get me in to EPU so I'm surprised they haven't offered a scan - with my last MMC I only had a tiny bit of spotting and that was the only sign there was a problem. I'd say if the spotting continues ring them and say you are concerned and would like an early scan and hopefully they will see sense!

Lynne - sorry to hear you're feeling so I'll, have you been to the docs?

Ezza & Kasey so glad to hear both your scans went well! Great pics.

I'm feeling really nervous, I have my first epau appointment tomorrow morning and will probably have a scan. I'm really worried that I didn't get my bfp until a few days after AF was due, so whilst by LMP I'm 6+3, I may have ovulated late and really be more like 5+3. my concern is that they may be expecting to see a heartbeat, and the last thing I want tomorrow is that awful moment when the sonographer goes quiet and then says the measurements are behind where they should be and they can't detect a heartbeat... Too many bad memories :cry:

Sorry if I'm rambling, just feeling very apprehensive tonight

no waiting list to see doc is 14days at the moment lol think might call tomorrow though

Hi All! I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread. I was looking for some advice:

I am around 6 weeks PG - will be 7 on Friday. I had a miscarriage in November, had one regular cycle, then fell pregnant in January. I went to my first doctors visit yesterday which consisted of meeting with a nurse who reviewed my families medical history and asked about my lifestyle. I then went for bloodwork - the bloodwork wasn't to confirm pregnancy, but to ensure I didn't have HIV (guess this is protocol for them). I don't go for a scan until the 23rd. I find all of this odd because 1) they aren't taking more than one round of bloodwork to confirm I'm pregnant AND to confirm my levels are rising 2) they aren't doing anything differently this time around, AFTER I had a miscarriage, than they did with my first pregnancy (ended up with a DD). I recently started spotting yesterday and mentioned this during my nurses visit, and all she said was to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse. Really? I would have expected them to perform a scan just to ensure everything is ok/cervix is closed/detect heartbeat, etc.

Am I over reacting or expecting too much? I guess I just expected them to monitor me more closely and to of at least had a scan by now. Confused :(

Babe with my mc they told me that i would be able to have early scans as soon as i found out i was pregnant, when i called them to organise it they said that they just say this to make us feel better at the time of MC. Heartless i know made me so mad but they will only do anything if you are haveing bleeding or bad pains. just tell them you are and that you are extremly concerned and they may allow it. alternativly get a private scan, for £100 or less i think thats nothing for peace of mind.

I had my scan at 9weeks but only coz i came back to Australia, you have to pay here anyways but i didnt WOOT TOOT!! each dr is different so just be persistent and you should be fine, also just relax and enjoy your journey eahc day at a time ... i have changed my thought process this time round and although im still nervous i am just taking it easy and being much more relaxed and positive thinking and i am feeling great this time round

all the best though babe i hope everything goes well for all of us!!

Kasey your lil bean looks beautiful!!! i am so glad everything went well for you babe thats great news

Hi All

Well I had my first EPAU appointment today, along with a scan (which I had been dreading!) Initially they could only see a small sac, so did an internal which showed the sac and yolk, which date me around 5 weeks rather than 6 +3 which is where my LMP would put me. It makes sense, as I didn't get my BFP until a few days after AF was due. I have a follow up in 2 weeks when I should be 7 weeks, so fingers crossed there's some progress!

Anyway this will put my due date in October (was 30th Sept by LMP) so I'm going to introduce myself to that thread now.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy :flower:

Thanks everyone. It's amazing how it seems as if doctors are just so used to this stuff and don't treat you any differently. I ended up calling my doctors back and asked them to take the bloodwork I had done and test my levels with it. This way I can at least tell if I'm in the appropriate 'range.' One of the nurses is going to call me back hopefully today with the results, then we'll decide the next steps. I guess I just need to learn to demand more things if something seems fishy. Still amazes me how you're not monitored more closely after a miscarriage.

KTJ you are if you have had a series of miscarriages/losses or an ectopic u only need to have one ectopic for them to offer you alot more help x

nice lol it is just one your having right jellybeann?

cb you should definitely stay with us too!!

Lynee how you feeling today?

Hi everyone else, how you all doing?

I had a panic yesterday afternoon as nausea went and as usually soooooo sick in pg, I got really worried. So went for private scan and saw baby with lovely strong heartbeat. Still feel ok today and am putting it down to the antisickness tablets i'm on. I cannot believe they're working that well. Oh well I shouldn't knock it, just be very grateful. Have still got my fingers crossed though as still dont feel confident but Dr was reassured and i'm to go back in 10 days or so for another scan. Have a nice day ladies xx

You ladies have been wonderful, so I might just keep a foot in both camps - my due date is still officially 30th Sept until I have a proper dating scan after all! :haha:

Donna, so glad you had a scan and everything's still looking good - what a relief for you! It sounds like you doctor is taking care of you which is what we all need right now.

How everyone else? I'm really tired today, I'm working from home and just had a 2 hour nap :sleep: in fact I'm still in bed typing this on the iPad, I should really get up and log on to at least look like I'm making an effort!

xx

OoOh I love working from home! Nothing like working in your PJs under the covers. And YAY for a 2 hour nap. I could really use one right now.

I'm still waiting on bloodwork results. If they don't call me by 4pm I will give them a ring. Maybe no news is good news, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->