PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

That is so mental, I live on a mountain so its rural but I'm close to the town so that must be why we're ok. Gosh I can't imagine not being able to flick the boiler on when I want :(

We have a solid fuel burner that heats the hot water and central heating, we're pretty good a lighting it these days. But when we first moved here I sat many an hour crying in front of the fire, freezing and unable to light it. We also have the problem that as well as no on switch, theres also not an off switch, sometimes it gets so warm in this house that we have all the windows open. You just have to wait for the damned thing to burn out! Plus going out and getting coal when its raining or snowing isn't too much fun either. Have to say Rob hasn't let me deal with the fire since we found out I was pregnant in August. And still won't let me! Bless him xxx

Sequeena I can use my water heater [elec] to get hot water but it's freezing because the cottage isn't protected at all, it's got 360 views but it also means the winds [as we're on a hill] get 360 access too!! And it's not double glazed!

Oh hun I know the feeling, we only have single pane (rotting single pane) and this house gets so damn cold!!!!! brr!! Wrap yourself up and get under the duvet xxx

That is so mental, I live on a mountain so its rural but I'm close to the town so that must be why we're ok. Gosh I can't imagine not being able to flick the boiler on when I want :(

We have a solid fuel burner that heats the hot water and central heating, we're pretty good a lighting it these days. But when we first moved here I sat many an hour crying in front of the fire, freezing and unable to light it. We also have the problem that as well as no on switch, theres also not an off switch, sometimes it gets so warm in this house that we have all the windows open. You just have to wait for the damned thing to burn out! Plus going out and getting coal when its raining or snowing isn't too much fun either. Have to say Rob hasn't let me deal with the fire since we found out I was pregnant in August. And still won't let me! Bless him xxx

Aw hun your hubby is so lovely :hugs:

Thank you Sassy I did! Although I realized I had an appointment at uni when it was too late! Opps!

Sorry you ate feeling rough eve! Hope you are better tomorrow!

Sorry to hear about all your heating problems!! I don't know how you guys cope! I rent a brand new super insulated house after my last one had no insulation and breezy windows. I didn't cope well in the cold at all! Now I leave my hearing on 16oc 24/7 and it is always toasty - mainly from the sun heating the walls. It is lovely and warm here at the moment. Been between 10oC -16oC for three weeks!

I hope you get some oil!

Just popping in to give a quick update about my day so far. Remember when I said it was raining sideways? Well, there was actually a small tornado! We are not in the right area of the country for that- Earthquakes, yes- Tornadoes??? Ummm, No thank you!
https://www.pressdemocrat.com/artic...81/1350?Title=Expert-Tornado-hits-Santa-Rosa#

My Dr visit went great- she agreed to back off my appointments to every other week since I'm being seen elsewhere so frequently :happydance: Other than all that, I'm just plain done in. So exhausted. Hopefully will catch another nap :)

Hello all. Feeling less tired today I only had onedream and one toilet stop so that's a result.

Sorry to Eve with no heating that sucks, mines old but (touch wood) works well and heats us nicely. I'll pop some hot airin the post foryou if you like!! Do you have a firstly can light?

Heyyady thanks for the update great you can reduce appointments but sounds Like May can't comequick enough for you. :hugs: nap while you can. Xx

heyyady great news :hugs: Though tornados are a no lol!

Think Thomas was doing something to my bladder last night. Each time I went to wee it wasn't enough. I gave up in the end and went to bed ignoring the need to get up. My bathroom is downstairs whilst my bedroom is upstairs. Not fun :(

Hey heyady - great news!

Sequeena - my girly keeps doing that too - it is awful!

I wish this thing had a like button, I LIKE you post Eve.

I've finally beaten the rabbits, daffodils and tulips, not quite the look I wanted but the rabbits aren't eating them.

A picture from this morning (I hope no one minds?)

flowers 20-03-11.jpg

Oh they're so pretty and spring-like!!! I use the thanks button as a like button LOL Just about to buy a little fleece nappy for Atticus :]

They do look spring like, I dread to think what we're gonna do when bulb flower season is over. Probably spend a fortune feeding the rabbits flowers :flow::bunny:

You'll have to post pictures of your nappies, so exciting buying things xxx

You should get a little dish round the bottom and feed them :p buy like Tesco value or Asda food for them, it's pretty cheap!!

I have SO many nappies already!! I'm actually already selling a couple that aren't working for us!! Saraya's favourite is an Issy bumblebee or the eggs one:

This is Saraya wearing the bumblebee one
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/IMG_0557.jpg

This is what the eggs one looks like, I don't know why they don't call it birds and eggs as it has both:
https://www.milliesnappies.co.uk/img/p/654-487-large.jpg

WN Taupe Elephants:
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/6265fbff.jpg

Fushia Itti [this is one of the ones I'm selling]
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/82345181.jpg

WNOS Zebra
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/fa3a7607.jpg

WNOS Ladybug
https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Fluffy%20Bums/f1027652.jpg

Gorgeous flowers and gorgeous nappies!! Tom has outgrown his:( I am going to have to make some now:(

How old is tom Emmea? You know HL do toddler sizes?

Who are HL? He is nearly three! He needs 15 kilos plus. I always used swaddlebees for him, a basic pocket nappy. He doesn't need much absorbency at all, but they need to be water proof. How hard can it be?

HL is holdens landing, Bonnie who makes them sells on Etsy and Hyenacart. She just tested Toddler size - Saraya is in a M/L and she's 2. Here's the toddler size, but if that's not big enough contact Bonnie because she might do a custom for you :] I know some people are selling off 2nd hand on CNT as well as they were testers for the toddler size.

Size Rise Weight Waist
Toddler 20" 30 pounds and up 15.5"-27"

Love the pictures they look very comfortable. Maybe I should give them a try too?? Sam drinks a lot so fills a normal nappy within minutes :dohh: so not sure it'll hold for him but could be worth it for her. I buy the biodegradable ones for him so I don't feel too bad but I do feel bad for not doing it. I did buy some for him but never used them :dohh:

When are you going to potty train Saraya Eve? I'm in two minds whether to try n summer when he is two. My Mum is hounding me to start now but I want to be off full time when he's ready. I have a feeling he could be a slow learner as far as that goes though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->