PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Lol no not bought anything for hospital bag yet babys room ready etc hoping to have a water birth 2 floors above main labour ward but all depends on consultant as had a retained placenta with last one an lost 3 pints of blood so tbh as it nears I'm getting pretty nervous we going to go out and get hospital bag sorted after wedding x

Heava= be careful with the water birth- was just having a conversation today with the neonatologist about water birth babies that end up near drowning and with severe brain damage-

I had a water birth and it was amazing and I'm planning on having another this time too. I had no stitches/cuts/tears at all. As long as they are still attached to the placenta [which generally they are!] they can't drown because their oxygen is still coming down the umbilical cord.

Yeah it's not the birth that affects me it's the after part so will discuss it at length before hand x I think I missed par where everyone added each other to Facebook pls feel free to add me heather Goodwin ( Manchester) or think if u search heva510 as username x

I have just won £50 quid on the monopoly tickets from mcdonalds!!!!!!!

Cool Little Griffin!!! Go splash it on something nice and naughty!

Emmea, I listened to her twice again and it's not happened so hoping it's a one off. I'm definitely telling my MW Wed though :hugs:

As for the hospital bag I have nappies, maternity pads, A's outfit's and a new breast feeding nighty which I am already wearing lol as it's so comfy. All in a draw though not a bag and only bought as they were all on offer. Figured I get a little each month and then it'll be done without knowing.

Aww heva - do you know why you retained last time? Did you have assisted delivery or anything? Generally I know that if you have had it once they lay down the law.

I am having a waterbirth but not delivering in the pool. I am going to deliver in my bed if I can make it or my soda lol. I don't want the clean up operation afterwards lol.

Congratulation littlegriff!!

I have not started my bag yet. I think o need to get a move on though as I can't afford it all ATM!!

I haven't started my bag either!! I thought it was easier [not that I have naything to compare it to!] to deliver in the pool because I didn't have to wash or anything after haha

Here's a naked bump shot for you all!! 28 +1 today :]

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/IMG_0969_e.jpg

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/IMG_0971_e.jpg

We have just won £95 quid on the football!!!
Today is shaping up to be a lucky day :)

Well done griffin :)

They notsure why I happened theonly reason they can put forward is that I was induced 4 days after waters broke x

Had growth scan baby doing well weighs an estimate of 4 lb 1 oz with just over 8 wks growing x not allowed to use active birth centre as have to b on main delivery suites thatdrip in ready incase of probes but no reason why I can't use birth pool on there feel a lot more positive about everything now x

That's good Heva, I can't use the birth centre either because of my asthma and BMI which is a bugger but to be truthful I was glad I was on the main bit last time as I needed an epidural and Kiwi delivery in the end as he had a big head. I like to be around doctors and drugs that can help me out lol. Scares me to think baby could get distressed and not have the theatre near by. Sam's heart dropped to an alarming rate during the end part of labour and I had a crash team with me assessing him within about 5 seconds. I've never seen people move so quickly into one room all my life, Simon just left for a snack so I was on my own. After a bit of discussion we changed positions and it was fine but I was so grateful they were there. Good weight though so that's nice and positive. :thumbup:

Aww that's good Heva

Our "home from home" birth centre thing is on the same floor as the normal delivery but if you want drugs and stuff you have to be moved to the other bit... The nice thing is you get a MASSIVE room with a pool/bathroom area which has a consetina door thing and plasma tv on the wall in the home from home whereas in the normal bit you're either in a 4 bed bay or a tiny sideroom with not even a toilet

No fair griff!

Lovely bump eve - I was just like that with Tom. I am pretty similar now apart from the dreaded stretches are coming this time!

Heva - induction causes all sorts. I hope you are ok this time.

Emmea I have loads of stretchies too they just haven't been picked up on the camera LOL

Surely you don't deliver on a 4 bed ward eve? That is awful! We have a home from home center above the labour ward.

I got a call from mental health today re my fear of the labor ward. They want me to start cognitive behavioural therapy in case of an emergency in which I get transferred. I am quite happy about it actually - wish they had done it after I had Tom.

No you start labour on the 4 bay [you only get a side room if you pay extra!] then when you're further on in labour you get moved to the labour bit and then back to the 4 bay again

Just dropping in to say hello- and leave you with a picture and a thought...

Picture is of my little lovelies snuggling in a crib together at the NICU today :)049.jpg

and the thought is this- as I have grown in this pregnancy, I have wondered and marveled constantly that I don't have any new stretch marks, only the old silver ones doing their job again- To which my husband would encourage and congratulate me... and then I had the girls... I can now see the bottom of my stomach and top of my thighs- and WOW is Hubby in trouble! :rofl:

Emma- that's great news, I', glad they are taking this seriously!
Eve- What a good weight!

Aw heyyady I love seeing pics of your little ones they are gorgeous! My oh says I dont have any new stretchmarks and if hes lying il beat him lol x

my bump buddy in real life had her little girl on Friday by emergency c section. She was 32 weeks. I dont know the reason behind it yet but both are fine and the baby is able to breathe by itself x

AFM im finally into double digits and am only a week away from 3rd tri. Im scared!

I am still able to go to the birthing center and have a water birth because everything has healed up but im worried something will go wrong. If it does I have to be transferred by ambulance about 10 miles to the hospital. It might be more or less I have to find out. My oh worries and is encouraging me to go to the hospital anyway but if I go I may not get the birth I want. If I dont something may go wrong. How do I decide?

Hey everyone just thought I stop by and say hi :wave:

As you can see from my ticker I'm back on the ttc bandwagon petrified, no faith but trying again. I feel my body is ready (I've had 2 AF's since my last mmc) and emotionally as ready as I'll ever be.

I haven't read everything since I was last here but I follow eve and pip on fb so
I know they're ok and I see from the beautiful pics that we already have babies born wow!!

Love you all lots :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->