PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Aww that's good Heva

Our "home from home" birth centre thing is on the same floor as the normal delivery but if you want drugs and stuff you have to be moved to the other bit... The nice thing is you get a MASSIVE room with a pool/bathroom area which has a consetina door thing and plasma tv on the wall in the home from home whereas in the normal bit you're either in a 4 bed bay or a tiny sideroom with not even a toilet

Can I come live with you to have the baby then I can go there too :haha: sounds perfect our birth centre rooms are half the size of the delivery rooms and have no luxuries at all. Seen my friends in Australia too they sound like yours, amazing, very jealous.

Hey everyone just thought I stop by and say hi :wave:

As you can see from my ticker I'm back on the ttc bandwagon petrified, no faith but trying again. I feel my body is ready (I've had 2 AF's since my last mmc) and emotionally as ready as I'll ever be.

I haven't read everything since I was last here but I follow eve and pip on fb so
I know they're ok and I see from the beautiful pics that we already have babies born wow!!

Love you all lots :)

Hey lovely, hoping you get your bfp soon and glad you feel more together emotionally :hug:. So hope you and Sassy get them together would be nice I feel. :hugs: Make sure you keep us updated with what's going on. Sending you lots of TTC :dust:

Thanks pip. I've missed you all lots but not coming on here all the time helped with the healing :)

Embo it's lovely to hear from you! I so hope you get a bfp soon x

Awww soooo good to see you Em!!!

Pip our maternity was only rebuilt about 3 yrs ago, I think it was open about 6mo when I had Saraya there. There is another one going the other direction from me too which is a whole rebuilt hospital that has the same maternity but theirs is just a MW led unit so if anything goes wrong they get transferred to our hospital!!

No you start labour on the 4 bay [you only get a side room if you pay extra!] then when you're further on in labour you get moved to the labour bit and then back to the 4 bay again

That sucks!!! You get your own room with endings in our labour ward from the word go - provided you aren't too early as then you have to go home. But then you all know our labour ward - it is the one on on born every minute where everyone gEts a sectio N

Just dropping in to say hello- and leave you with a picture and a thought...

Picture is of my little lovelies snuggling in a crib together at the NICU today :)View attachment 198195

and the thought is this- as I have grown in this pregnancy, I have wondered and marveled constantly that I don't have any new stretch marks, only the old silver ones doing their job again- To which my husband would encourage and congratulate me... and then I had the girls... I can now see the bottom of my stomach and top of my thighs- and WOW is Hubby in trouble! :rofl:

Emma- that's great news, I', glad they are taking this seriously!
Eve- What a good weight!

Beautiful

Aw heyyady I love seeing pics of your little ones they are gorgeous! My oh says I dont have any new stretchmarks and if hes lying il beat him lol x

my bump buddy in real life had her little girl on Friday by emergency c section. She was 32 weeks. I dont know the reason behind it yet but both are fine and the baby is able to breathe by itself x

AFM im finally into double digits and am only a week away from 3rd tri. Im scared!

I am still able to go to the birthing center and have a water birth because everything has healed up but im worried something will go wrong. If it does I have to be transferred by ambulance about 10 miles to the hospital. It might be more or less I have to find out. My oh worries and is encouraging me to go to the hospital anyway but if I go I may not get the birth I want. If I dont something may go wrong. How do I decide?

Read up on other people's stories. The chances of anything gies wrong are so rare - the normal things that can go wrong aren't increasably urgent and you do get warning signs. 10 miles is not far and it can take as long as it will take you to get to hospital from the centre just to prep theatre or wait until it free.

Hey everyone just thought I stop by and say hi :wave:

As you can see from my ticker I'm back on the ttc bandwagon petrified, no faith but trying again. I feel my body is ready (I've had 2 AF's since my last mmc) and emotionally as ready as I'll ever be.

I haven't read everything since I was last here but I follow eve and pip on fb so
I know they're ok and I see from the beautiful pics that we already have babies born wow!!

Love you all lots :)

Hi embo!! Good to see you back!

Emmea thanks for that, I'd not even considered prepping or theatre not being free xx

Our maternity wing was done about three years ago to Aaisrie, it's like a hotel lol. Wood panelling all along one wall and all the bits and bobs are hidden behind the panels including the resus' bed for the baby, gas and air, monitors etc it's amazing. They can be hidden away till needed to keep the mother calmer. Thankfully nothing like one born every minute Emmea otherwise I'd be going else where like you :hugs: We have the option of staying/going home until 4cm when we can go straight into delivery. The wards are four to a room but I had my own room last time as I had a catheter and my lovely mw wanggled it for me without even asking. I think I'm fairly relaxed and looking forward to labour because I know what to expect now. Just hoping I never have to see the theatre side of it :wacko:

Yea our home from home is like that too with the hidden stuff behind the wall!! You can see one of the cupboards open here behind us - this was right after Saraya was born... can you tell I've just been through a 14.5hr labour!! lol

https://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Aaisrie/Saraya/0309/08032009425e.jpg

Yes that's like it but ours is walnut with no handles just push them lol :thumbup:

You look fab, wish my labour was 14 hours try 54 from first contraction to birth :dohh: hoping for a short one this time.

Hi all how is everyone x had a scary day today ended up being admitted to hospital with stomach cramps and back pain x baby ok it's muscular so on strong pain killers and called wedding off cos rather. Than be thereto support me and baby babys dad has been in pub all day and is still there x

As I said, Love, try not to murder him- let him have his baby freak out and THEN hit him for all he's worth! :hug:

Oh no Heva that's terrible. Hope you feel better soon and I echo what Heyyady said!!! Not exactly fair on you but I know lots of men do it. Take care f yourself honey. xxx

Hi all how is everyone x had a scary day today ended up being admitted to hospital with stomach cramps and back pain x baby ok it's muscular so on strong pain killers and called wedding off cos rather. Than be thereto support me and baby babys dad has been in pub all day and is still there x

I'm sorry Hun that's awful xxx

Hello ladies,

I'll catch you up with me first and then i will catch up with you!

So, after nearly passing out in church on Easter Sunday and the Midwife checking everything was ok with Summer i still was not feeling well. I went to the doctors last Tuesday and i had got a throat infection so they gave me Anti-Biotics and i have been feeling like poop ever since. It's been nice that Jimmy has been off though and he has looked after me very well. I'm starting to feel a bit better now but my throat is still so sore.

We have started Summer's nursery, she now has a wardrobe with all her clothes hanging up ready, a storage unit and some drawers - although there were no drawer bottoms in the box so they are not fully assembled yet!! Her cot is on it's way and she just needs a changing table, feeding chair and some more storage as well as the usual decoration bits and bobs.

We had our 4D Scan on Saturday. Summer is head down still and likes it so it was difficult to see her at times but we got photo's and DVD footage. We saw her sucking her thumb, opening and closing her mouth, yawning and resting her hands on the sides of her face as well as licking her arm?!? It was all very cute!! They measured her and she was measuring 2 days bigger and is estimated to weigh roughly 2lb 4oz.

I have the Midwife tomorrow and they will measure my bump for the first time!
Also, now i am 27 weeks, does this mean i am 3RD Tri??
I have my Anti-D injection next week too, has anyone had this? Does it hurt? I'm not very good with needles!!

Finally, for those of you who already have children, did you do perineal massage? My sister works at the maternity ward where i will have Summer and she says its best to do it to reduce the risk of tearing or having to be cut. I have looked into it and i'm not that keen, although i would rather do it that than tear!!

Sorry for the long post!!

Xx

Heyyady - The pic of your girls in the NICU just melts my heart!
Eve - Your bump is so cute, you don't have a belly button anymore! I still have half a one!
Heva - Hope things are a bit easier pain wise and that your man has grown a pair!!
Embo - So lovely to hear from you, i hope you get your BFP soon and we will all be here to support you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->