PAL Summer 2011 Babies - From 1st tri to MC and back again in one go.

Sorry to jump in but have to say this!!

Sean qualifies for working tax credits, and the disability element of it (speech impediment because he had meningitis as a little baby and his back/pelvis)!!

Which also means...

I can get the £500 surestart grant!! We can buy Thomas a cotbed/wardrobe basicially asap instead of saving for the next 6 months! :happydance: :cry:

Told you God would open a window!!!

Eve?!? How are you doing?

Rubbish, my back has been really achey all day with the occasional back contraction but still not regular... I'm just glad they aren't as intense as they were. Just feeling grumpy and emotional today and worse knowing I've to get up early [always makes me HG bad] to take Chris to his psych appt. [30min drive on country roads... boke] and then tomorrow afternoon I have my next venofer injection... eugh just feeling a bit rotten to be honest... And I know I really can't complain - I saw your FB status but I didn't really understand so that's why I didn't reply but I presume from the other replies that it's worrying/bad?? I hope you're okay...

Sarah I hope you feel better soon honey <3

I can't even remember what anyone else wrote... sorry:shrug:

Glad you are ok eve! Was worried you were going into labour for a moment there!

Let me try and explain tom's problem. The spinal cord (the nerves) inside his spine protruded through a hole in his skin when he was born. It was fixed but it attached itself to the tissues around the wound. As he grows it grows at a different rate and this pulls it causing spinal nerve damage. If left untreated he has a 50% chance of slowly losing the ability to walk another other things to do with groin and continance. He is showing signs already so they want to operate to free the nerves. Of course they could do just as much damage doing the op. In a normal child with spina bifida there is a 30% chance the op will damage the nerves. In tom's case he has a small chance of his walking/bowels/bladder worsening a bit.

So it is pretty shitty really. If I delay he may suffer a lot and his lower body my slowly paralyze as a result. If I go ahead he may lose the ability to walk. The surgeon thinks the op worth the risk. It is scary! I knew the day would come but not this soon.

Anyone else's bh getting really sore!? I can't stop moaning about mine:(

Thanks sequeena - you made me realise we may be entitled to that grant to! We get ctc with higher rate disability for Tom!

Emmea. It must be horrible to have to make that kind of decision for your child. I haven't got any advice but here's some :hugs: for you and Tom :hugs:

Thanks sequeena - you made me realise we may be entitled to that grant to! We get ctc with higher rate disability for Tom!

Yes I think you qualify :)

Well we've been knocked back harder than before, I doubt I am even eligible for the grant now as our only option is for Sean to go back to 43 hours and he won't get WTC. If I lie, I get it, if I don't lie we suffer. I'm not going to lie but why is it so hard :cry:

on a brighter note here is my 32 week bump

https://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249483_2152740303239_1388356992_2538700_4661156_n.jpg

Hey girls can't catch up until I get my phone charger but I'm stuck on labour ward, been contracting since 2:30 when I came in I was very tachycardic - my pulse was 170 when I came in - so I've had the steroid injection for Atticus' lungs and theyve got me hooked up to a mass of monitors to see if my contractions will ease or not. I'm only 1cm dilated but the cervix is soft so they've done the fibronectin test too but I don't know the results yet. Hope everyone else is okay and I'll try and catch up on my phone if I can get my charger... Failing that I HOPE to be home tomorrow with baby still on the inside!!!

Great looking bump sequeena :thumbup:

Atticus this is your Auntie Emi speaking "Stay inside mummy for a few more weeks. We're worried sick!!" Hope you're ok Eve. I'll be thinking about you. Ill say a little prayer for you both tonight :)

Oh gosh!! Atticus stay in for another 2 weeks and 4 days!! That's all you've got left until you're fullterm!! Lots of hugs hun, I really don't understand it, everyone is going early :( :hugs: really hope the contractions ease off xxx

Thinking of you Eve and of course little Atticus, I really hope he stays where he is for a while longer. Dan was born at 34 weeks (22 years since in August!!!) they didn't give me steroids or anything but he was fine, a bit slow to feed but fine.

Loads of love

xxx

Thinking of you Eve and of course little Atticus, I really hope he stays where he is for a while longer. Dan was born at 34 weeks (22 years since in August!!!) they didn't give me steroids or anything but he was fine, a bit slow to feed but fine.

Loads of love

xxx

I too was born at 34 weeks. Had a little stay in SCBU but I am fine!

Loads of love

xxx

Dan was in SCBU for just over two weeks, but ok.

Oh yes and now you're gonna rub it in that you were born in the same year as my son :wacko: gosh you lot make me feel old :growlmad: :brat::grr::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Loads of love

xxx

Oh yes and now you're gonna rub it in that you were born in the same year as my son :wacko: gosh you lot make me feel old :growlmad: :brat::grr::rofl::rofl::rofl:

.................. I would never do such a thing.........................

:muaha:

Loads of love

xxx

.................. I would never do such a thing.........................

:muaha:

I'm old enough to be your mother, and you're having a baby, that makes me old enough to be a grandma :argh::hissy:

Can I join in? I'm going to be a great auntie soon at 22 years old :brat: :lol:

Eve just saw fb so came here. Hope you're ok and the contractions have stopped. Atticus, you stay inside you here we want two more weeks of growing please!! Thinking of you. Xxx

Thanks girls!!! Had my 2nd steroid jab - they fucking hurt.. Now my arse is sore on both sides lol gotta have one tonight and the last tomorrow morning but they said if my heart rate and contractions stay down then I can go home and cone back for them so just got to wait for the dr to give the go ahead! Until then I'm fucking keeping my legs well crossed!!!

Hi everyone,
not been reading up in a while so i'm a bit behind!!

Thinking of you Eve - this has not been the easiest pregnancy for you eh?

As for me, i'm 33 weeks today (my ticker has gone and i can't get it back!!)
I went for my 4 weekly check-up at the hospital yesterday and Baby Griff is head down and getting ready for launch. Her legs are constantly poking out of my right ribs, in fact she is doing it now!!
I have been discharged from the hospital as my thyroid is back under control which is good, i only need to see the community midwife like normal now!! :)

I'm also thinking of having a home birth as my sister has just completed a Doula course and has got info on studies that have been done on women who are in hospital and then need more and more medical intervention. I'm unsure yet though as you can only have gas and air and pethidine and i'm unsure if i will be able to do it with only that. Mind you, my sister says the less medical intervention you have, the more your body knows what to do ....... i'm very undecided as of yet.
The other reasons i would like it is i get nervous if i'm in unfamiliar surroundings and Jimmy would have to leave us if i had to stay in but if we were at home i could deliver, get a nice bath and get in my own bed with the new little family around me ...... anybody got any thoughts?

Hi to everyone else, i hope your all ok, i know i have only mentioned Eve so far.
Xx

Not getting home tonight. Got to have my other 2 dexamethasone (steroid injections - one tonight and one tomorrow morning). Then also have to have 3 lots of adalat ****** which are follow on tablets from the nifedipine (that I had last night) to stop me contracting. The drs said I should get home tomorrow lunchtime ish after having the last dose. Atticus' heart rate was a bit slow this morning (normally 145 was down to 105-110) even though he wasn't asleep but they eventually got him up to 120 so hopefully it won't dip again.
Hope everyone is well and keeping their babies in too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->